Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps a bit of a niche among race fans, but FIM ran the innagural race of the 2014 EWC season at Magny-Cours, the 2014 Bol d'Or 24 Hours.

Guess who won....

Now it may not mean much to our road bikes, but I think its a great sign of Kawasakis dependability, especially as the main rivals from Honda and Suzuki both retired due to mechanical gremlins. This makes it 2 years running for Kawasaki...

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Check out World Super Bike. That's world class. Kawasaki was not competitive when they were in MotoGP. I don't think they would ever go back. The cost is to high. They have put there bucks into World Super Bike and British Super Bike which is a very competitive series also.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Check out World Super Bike. That's world class. Kawasaki was not competitive when they were in MotoGP. I don't think they would ever go back. The cost is to high. They have put there bucks into World Super Bike and British Super Bike which is a very competitive series also.
Tom Sykes is a MAD MAN!!! LOL I've been a fan of his for several years now.

·
Registered
971 Posts
It's not controversial or refutable that MotoGP is the premier global series.
There's no comparison.

Look at the tracks, locations, and number of spectators. The ratings on Fox Sports 1, which airs it live, is the true story.

If you're the best, that's where you compete.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Aren't some of the stars of WSK finding it difficult to be competitive and reach the podium at MotoGP?

It's like NBA and WNBA. They both play basketball but it's not the same level of play.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
First of all let me say I love any kind of M/C racing. I just feel that a series that has 4 competitive rides vs a series that has 10 competitive seats is better racin. In the 6 races in WSB you have wins by kawasaki, Aprilia,Honda and Suzuki.
The 1/2 dozen MotoGP races i have been to the Moto2 & Moto3 are better than the MotoGP as far as good racin goes. Fox hardley even covers those races.The coverage of MotoGP is much better on the app on the phone than Fox Sports 1
See you at the races.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Valid point.
Most would appreciate a competitive race, at any level, where the winner is not known until the final seconds of the race.

If you've been to one race that's one more than me. I think last years points race at the end of the MotoGP season kept everyone in suspense.
The first lap in the race in Argentina last week was a free-for-all with the leaders fighting for survival. It ended with a solid no doubt finish for last years champ. If you look at the podium, it would seem that the Spaniards dominate the sport.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I just watched the MotoGP race from Argentina and it was really a good race all the way through. A lot of racing all through the pack. That's the trouble with tv they very rarely show whats going on in the back of the pack.

Since retiring I try to go to as many races a year as I can and still keep a happy home. MotoGP, WSB, AMA road racing & AMA dirt track are all on the plan for this year. I will ride to all the races except Laguna.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think if you were to put the top 5 WSBK guys and the top 5 MotoGP guys on identical motorcycles it would be a crap shoot for second place behind Marquez.

·
Registered
11,308 Posts
I believe the British Superbike series is more indicative of how good a bike is. Their rules are way more tight, and stock based, than World Superbike. WSBK? Did you see the sprocket side of the frame on Sykes zx10? Does it look much like the one on a showroom floor? LOL

·
Registered
79 Posts
Racing needs to have a sense of suspense to be interesting. For example in car racing, NASCAR is way more popular than Formula 1 because those Formula races are often decided in the first few laps and passing is nearly impossible. I know I've been there and was bored.
I, however do like MotoGP because it is suspenseful. The races are relatively short and any kind of motorcycle riding at those speeds is awesome. The bikes however are like NASCAR, built just for the series and not representative of real bikes so racing with bike closer to what we could buy is also very interesting and the speeds are still very fast.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
MotoGP is not suppose to resemble any motor cycle on the show room floor it is an open class. Super bike is production based class.

·
Registered
444 Posts
My fav rider, Rossi is trying very hard to change his riding style to compete with Marquez. He certainly has changed the riding dynamics of MotoGP.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Racing needs to have a sense of suspense to be interesting. For example in car racing, NASCAR is way more popular than Formula 1 because those Formula races are often decided in the first few laps and passing is nearly impossible. I know I've been there and was bored.
I, however do like MotoGP because it is suspenseful. The races are relatively short and any kind of motorcycle riding at those speeds is awesome. The bikes however are like NASCAR, built just for the series and not representative of real bikes so racing with bike closer to what we could buy is also very interesting and the speeds are still very fast.
Which is why spec series racing is so much fun. I actually enjoy the heck out of watching the Harley's at the IndyGP! While they are a full 20 seconds slower than even the Moto3 bikes the racing is pretty awesome. There should be more of that.

BTW what part of Louisville do you hail from. I currently live in Sellersburg IN but I am from Louisville...PRP area.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Marquez is a machine.

Nice to see Rossi on the podium.

>Do we have rules about not posting comments on races within 24 hours of event?

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Great to see Rossi up front. He and I have a lot in common. He's almost the oldest guy in MotoGP and I am probaly the oldest guy on the forum. His right wrist turns more than mine. And he has more hair. I'am sure there some that i'm missing.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Going to Laguna. Anyone out there going? Can't wait never been to Laguna and I love World Superbike. Only regret is I will be In the Silver bird not on the Ninja. Maybe next year.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts