Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
My little brother did the Yoshimura kit... he said it was an awful job... he felt that there was only one way to do the wiring and it was a lot of trial and error.

Did you have any drama ? Just wondering as my wife was going to order the yoshi for my upcoming birthday but I can call her off to get the evotech....

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No real hard issues on install. Biggest problem for me was separating the turn sig/plate light connectors under the seat on right side. I tried to lay everything out in order of removal to help with re-install. No splicing or anything like that. I could mail you the instructions I printed if that would help or you can view them on their website. Kit was complete with hardware so you don't have to buy anything else. The turn signal connectors are color coded gray & black so you shouldn't have any issues.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found it on Ebay from this seller:MCmotorcycleparts. Item # was 301258606236. Description: Kawasaki Z1000SX Fender Eliminator/Tail Tidy. Year 2014. Evotech Performance. That should help some. :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
My little brother did the Yoshimura kit... he said it was an awful job... he felt that there was only one way to do the wiring and it was a lot of trial and error.

Did you have any drama ? Just wondering as my wife was going to order the yoshi for my upcoming birthday but I can call her off to get the evotech....
Gary, I installed the Yoshi fender eliminator on my '13 N1K and it went pretty smoothly, it's neat and comes with its own plate surround. I really like it.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I never got a chance to set my wife up to get the evotech... so she ordered the Yoshi. Hopefully my little brother is just a dimwit :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
I never got a chance to set my wife up to get the evotech... so she ordered the Yoshi. Hopefully my little brother is just a dimwit :)
I did the Yosh kit on my '14 and yeah the wiring was a hassle. Yosh provides a new tail light so that needs splicing(connectors included). The plate covers the original wiring hole so you have to figure out a way to route the turn signal wires as not to crush them. It was a bit of trial and error but I got 'er done!

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Found it on Ebay from this seller:MCmotorcycleparts. Item # was 301258606236. Description: Kawasaki Z1000SX Fender Eliminator/Tail Tidy. Year 2014. Evotech Performance. That should help some. :D
Mikey1000, the 2014 Evotech for the Z1000SX fits the 2014/2015 Ninja 1000? And clears the hard saddle bags?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Z1000SX is a Ninja 1000. That's the bike's name for the rest of the world. It looks like Evotech made changes specifically for the 14/15 MY and the new bags. I suppose if you never plan on getting any, the older style would still work and tuck it in a little further.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Does anyone know of a US seller that will take credit cards without going through PayPal as the processor? PayPal doesn't want me as a customer anymore, so no sense in me using them, even as a guest. MCMotorcycleparts only lists PP as an option and they seem to be the only US seller I can find. I'm looking for bun001532, which is the '14-'15+ version.

·
Registered
94 Posts
NVM. I was able to checkout as a guest at mcmotorcycleparts. Still went through Paypal though. I need a shower. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Love it. Installing it went mostly without incident. I did have to cut a clip off the undertail though. And trying to hold the undertail, the tidy, 2 screws, 2 washers and two spacers while trying to get the nuts started on top is a feat.
I'd advise using blue threadlock on the license plate light bolts and the 4 screws attaching the whole thing to the bike.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts