Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My name is Anthony, i purchased my Ninja 1000 back in April of 2013. Unfortunately, i never got a chance to put more than 4k miles on her before i had to move for work. I placed her into "Professional Motorcycle Storage" where they proceeded to neglect her and treat her like a lil b****... she was surrounded by Harleys and Choppers. Poor girl. One day, she broke into the office and called my cell phone, i knew it was her the second i heard her exhaust note. She told me how she was covered in dust and had not been started in over a year. I told her Daddy would be back soon and rescue her. Well, Daddy is back, my sweet baby is currently en-route to my apartment complex where i have new oil and coolant standing by for her. New rubbers are on the way as well. She's gonna be so excited. HA.

Ok, so yeah, short story aside, you're probably wondering about my riding history and such. I'm originally from Ohio, joined the Marines straight out of highschool and was stationed in Camp Lejeune, NC. Got my first bike down there (Honda Shadow Spirit) and my riding adventure began. Got out of the Marines and bought a '05 Vulcan 900. Rode that bike down to Phoenix, AZ (where i currently reside). Traded it in for a '06 VFR 800. Lost the VFR to an a**hole making a left turn in front of me. Used the insurance money to purchase my '12 Ninja 1000. Work took me back to Ohio, where i purchased a 2014 Harley Dyna Fat Bob. I am now back in Phoenix, currently in my posession is the Harley (Sahara) and my Ninja 1000 (Salena). Love them dearly.

Attachments

·
Registered
828 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I lived in Phoenix for some time. It was so freakin' hot to ride in the summer there. Fast forward years later and I was stationed in Yuma. I don't miss summers in either place that is for sure!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hello,

My name is Anthony, i purchased my Ninja 1000 back in April of 2013. Unfortunately, i never got a chance to put more than 4k miles on her before i had to move for work. I placed her into "Professional Motorcycle Storage" where they proceeded to neglect her and treat her like a lil b****... she was surrounded by Harleys and Choppers. Poor girl. One day, she broke into the office and called my cell phone, i knew it was her the second i heard her exhaust note. She told me how she was covered in dust and had not been started in over a year. I told her Daddy would be back soon and rescue her. Well, Daddy is back, my sweet baby is currently en-route to my apartment complex where i have new oil and coolant standing by for her. New rubbers are on the way as well. She's gonna be so excited. HA.

Ok, so yeah, short story aside, you're probably wondering about my riding history and such. I'm originally from Ohio, joined the Marines straight out of highschool and was stationed in Camp Lejeune, NC. Got my first bike down there (Honda Shadow Spirit) and my riding adventure began. Got out of the Marines and bought a '05 Vulcan 900. Rode that bike down to Phoenix, AZ (where i currently reside). Traded it in for a '06 VFR 800. Lost the VFR to an a**hole making a left turn in front of me. Used the insurance money to purchase my '12 Ninja 1000. Work took me back to Ohio, where i purchased a 2014 Harley Dyna Fat Bob. I am now back in Phoenix, currently in my posession is the Harley (Sahara) and my Ninja 1000 (Salena). Love them dearly.
Good looking Ninja! I am sorry about the Harley though :D Just kidding. I have never been on one. If I did have one, the Fat Bob is the one that has the most appeal to me just from the look. One of these days I need to give one a try. Welcome!

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Welcome anthonymiller and thank you for the thorough introduction. I rode my N1k out to Phoenix and took a Lee Parks Total Control class at Go Arizona motorcycles in Scottsdale. One of the best things I have done for my riding.

Good to see your baby is out of storage and out rolling around again...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts