Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've had this bike for about 6 months now and it is pretty much a different bike now.

mod list is as follows:
aftermarket gearing 16 tooth front and 43 tooth rear
a ScottOiler automatic chain oiler system to keep the chain in perfect condition.
Sargeant's Seat
Akrapovic full exhaust
GI-Pro gear indicator and speedohealer
Ivan's full performance package (install currently in progress)
CRG racing Clutch and break levers
SATO racing rear sets
R&G racing engine covers
2 line custom SS brake lines for front and 1 line custom SS line for rear with Motul RBF 600 brake fluid.
Vinyl Wrap is a self installed custom job. Currently redoing it while all the fairings are off...going to a new color scheme.
There is also quite a bit other small things from grips, bar ends and such but not worth mentioning too much.

lots of other things in the work as well..just waiting on the rest of the brake stuff to come in, including upgrading to 310mm rotors.

Here is the vinyl wrap in progress...took about 27 hours to do in the garage.

And here is how the bike currently looks while i wait for all the Ivan stuff to come in.

Some other side notes..while i'm this far apart i'm doing a bunch of normal maintenance stuff, like doing as much of the coolant flush as i can do...I'll do the flush the correct way once i get the bike back together.
Also de-greasing everything and giving the bike a super cleaning.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup. It's a work in progress. KY Yamaha has 33k miles on it and I'm bored of it.
I also have my 2015 victory I ride every now and then when the weather is perfect.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Looks awesome and I'm sure it rides that way! I've always kind of wanted to ditch the left side exhaust can like you did just to make chain maintenance easier...

·
Registered
11,217 Posts
I'm not at all into color changes, but this bike is the exception. It is beautiful.

That color on the top of the tank just works. Whats it called? Whats the price range for a wrap like this?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so for the wrap...i used 3m vinyl wrap. i think i spent around 220 in supplies (not counting the heat gun and other things i already had from previous wraps i've done). a shop would normally charge anywhere from 300-600 depending on the bike. ours are harder to wrap as they have more sharp corners and edges.

as for the exhaust i did originally just have the left side off because it was right in the way. but now i have the single side out exhaust from akrapovic on the way with the ivan's performance package that should be here wednesday. but chain maintenance isn't really a thing at all with this bike now since i installed the scottoiler chain system

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll post pics sometime this week. I'm very satisfied with the Ivan's performance package. Bike is much more desirable now. Exhaust sounds amazing. Install was super easy and trouble free of the entire kit.

Much better throttle response and definitely has better power now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts