Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2012 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14r

It’s fast, real fast. In and around town it’s docile, on the highway it rolls effortlessly, wide open throttle it’s a missile! It’s a real smooth and fun to ride bike.

• Two Bothers carbon slip on’s. Nice tone, not to loud.
  • Zero Gravity smoke double bubble wind screen.
  • Helibar 7/8” risers.
  • CRG shorty levers.
  • Keyless fuel inlet cover.
  • T-Rex sliders.
  • Rear seat hard cover.
  • Front axle sliders.
  • Atlas throttle lock.
  • Schnitz Racing ECM reflash. Smooth Throttle, higher RPM.
  • Hyper Sport S22 tires front and rear. About 3k miles left on them.
  • Clear Arizona Title.
  • Kawasaki Traction Control.
  • Owners Manual.
  • Tool kit.
  • 27,508 miles.
  • Included is the original OEM black fairings.

$8,000.00

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I updated the ad to include the original OEM black fairings.

·
Premium Member
13,022 Posts
I like bikes like this one. It has a few miles...very low miles for this engine, but it doesnt have 1500 miles.

Despite that fact, you can see it's as good as new. I'll bet a new owner could get another 200,000 Miles out of it, if not more.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Despite that fact, you can see it's as good as new. I'll bet a new owner could get another 200,000 Miles out of it, if not more.
Yes I agree. I'm having mixed emotions about selling, I'm just not riding it as much as it needs and wants. These bikes want to roll, and I don't like it just sitting there.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally found a photo of Mad Max with the original OEM fairings that are included, added it to the OP.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Love that Captain America livery! So much better than the stock Darth Vader suit.

GLWS.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How's the ZX14R compare to the Ninja 1000? I've toyed with the idea of trading for the 14. My N1K has a full system and is putting down ~140 hp.
Tow different animals for me. The ZX is smooth power with very little vibrations. Smooth shifter. Turns in with little effort and stays there, not like a sportbike but surprisingly well for 525 pounds. Mine has carbon slip-on's so there is a weight savings and I have lowered the triple tree just a bit. Having both the ZX14 and ZX14r, the r is a bit more refined with additional power. I'm sure you have compared the specs. If you enjoy the raw power it's like 0-60 in less than 3, triple digits in first gear. If you enjoy the ocassional twisties but aren't riding on the edge, you can drag a knee with ZX and it's more comfortable getting to and returning from the canyons than a sportbike. However, if you like the riding position of the N1K, keep in mind the ZX is a bit more in the jockey position and the pegs are higher. I like that myself because it feels better for my back (most don't), as I often find myself lean more forward on the N1K, but again I an odd ball I think. The factory seat is a bit more comfy than the OEM N1K seat. If you are used to ringing out the power of your N1K than you should not have any issues transitioning to the 14r. If you plan to let your N1K go for the 14r, as @57x suggest, you should at least get a test demo ride on a ZX before swapping to make sure you will enjoy it. Hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts