Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

Registered
Interesting...chrome though 馃あ
Since you're getting that much horsepower with the turbo kit on the ZX12R, it begs the question why anyone would buy an H2 when you can buy a turbo kit for most big bikes.
A turbo on a bike is a VERY different ride. I had an H2 SX with 240 rwhp that I only sold because I wasn't willing to pay $2300 a year for insurance. A turbo bike is a huge handful. The power comes in suddenly and like a hammer. You had better be ready to hang on if you twist that throttle. The H2 SX was very linear in power application. I would not want to get near a turbo bike with any kind of corners.

Premium Member
The h2 was designed around the system. You just buy it and it's ready to ride. It's reliable, too, and you don't always have that when you install a kit on something. If one part of the engine isn't strong enough to deal with the power, it's all over.

People beat the hell out of the h2's and they are very reliable. Plus, the supercharger doesn't look added on". It's a clean install. Nothing sticking out of its side.

Many people are not able to install bar ends, much less install a supercharger/ turbo kit. Even if you get past the install, you have the fueling issues to deal with. All doable, but the cost adds up if you can't do it yourself.

When you are done, it's still not an h2. It's not in a frame designed for 300 hp.

The h2 also holds its value pretty well. With a project bike you go that deep on, you lose 50% if you ever try to sell it.

You build project bikes because you love building more so than it making sense.

Reactions: jjscsix

Premium Member
What about this one from Yamaha India. This one was my favorite

Traction control. Vvt. Quick shifter, 155cc

I think it's about 2600.00 for top of the line, m model.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Motorcycle

Premium Member
One thing that would be way different about 57x's bike is when he says it makes 300hp, or whatever the figure is, that's what he gets.

I was reading a test on Ducatis v4, naked bike. In stock, the bike has 189hp....sort of.

It only allows 189 in gear 5 or 6. 1-4 is limited to 164 and the top 25% of it throttle isn't accessible until gear 5 or 6.

You an flash the Ducati, but I don't think many will excusecause of the warranty issues.

Registered
I won't be tearing it down. This is just a bike to fix up and flip. I have absolutely no desire to go 200+ MPH on any bike. Heck, I don't think I've had a bike over 160MPH in my life, and have no plans to start now. I'll just upgrade a few things like shock, forks and brakes. Then get it running. It's been sitting for 6 or 7 years. I'm guessing the injectors are clogged and the fuel pump is dead, which is normal on 12's that sit for any length of time. I won't be going nuts on this bike. Once I get it running I'll change the setup from high speed to drag race. There is a lot bigger market for that kind of bike to sell to. I'll get it tuned for e85, once I replace a few things in the fuel system that would deteriorate in alcohol.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts