Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Got a quick 100 mile run in today between downpours. I'm jealous of both you guys. My favorite road was covered with wet leaves and mud that not even Roadsmart IIIs could get a grip on...:(

Reactions: jjscsix

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Wow. That's a lot of Groms
Not quite, but they are smaller bikes to be sure. See:
Honda Motorcycle sales in Karnataka cross 4 million vehicles - Times of India

This discussion goes around every few years. The fact is We motorcyclists in the US are lucky to have any say in what comes our way since US mc sales are not gonna make them much (any?) money. Even European motorcycle sales dwarf that of the US at 1.7 million bikes this year. (Ever wonder why our bikes meet EURO standards?) We (US public, NOT people on this forum) just don't buy motorcycles.

And all us who like Kawasaki ought to be concerned about their lack of world wide sales...

Reactions: MicMac

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
You should go to the Honda India web site.
Their small bike line up is insane.

I did. But I would have said awesome! H'mmmm, I wonder where the majority of the R&D $$$ are going???

I just read a statistic that nearly 75% of all vehicles on the road in India are 2 wheeled. It's 3% for the USA.

And another chart that leaves me shaking my head in disbelief...

Rectangle Slope Font Plot Parallel

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Doing the math on the CB350RS: 400 pounds, 348cc, 20 bhp, $2600. You really think it would sell here? I doubt Honda America's marketing agrees with you or it would be here. Or maybe bringing it up to EPA standards would make it too costly? It is a pretty bike and practical. But when has an an American ever bought a bike for practical transportation reasons? (Except for me in the 60s and 70s?) (OK, and @57x 's daily commuters? :) )

It also begs me ask...a 1973 CB350 in the USA was 375# wet, 325cc, 36 bhp, ~$750 (1973 $) Nevermind...twin vs single.

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Yeah, my practical daily commuter..... I just bought a turbo ZX12R with 315 rwhp. Practical .......
That's the first one I thought of...

Reactions: 57x
1 - 5 of 5 Posts