Eibach spring for Penske 8983 - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chrispy

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 07-11-2019, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Eibach spring for Penske 8983

This look like the correct size (pretty sure my current one is 550 lbs) ?

https://eibach.com/us/i-388-eibach-coilover-spring.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-11-2019, 01:52 PM

Garage
Did you measure the length and I.D. Of the original? IIRC Penske used to use a 2.5" ID spring, but maybe I'm thinking of custom car coil overs I used to use. You may just want to call a Penske dealer and order the spring from them, they will make sure you get everything correct and the difference in price shouldn't be too bad. You can also use springs from Hyperco, they are very good and coated in dark blue instead of red.

2018 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - Akrapovič Racing Line Full Exhaust; BMC Air Filter; Corbin Saddle; CRG LS 2.2 Mirrors; Driven Grips; Driven PAIR Block Off Plates; Dunlop Q3+ Tires (190/55 rear); GPR V4S Steering Stabilizer; Kawasaki Frame Sliders; Mirror Block Offs; Moto Dynamic Fender Eliminator; Moto Dynamic Integrated Taillight; MRA Racing Double Bubble Screen; ProGrip Tank Pad; R&G Racing Engine Covers; Speedy Moto Tall Boy 50mm Clip Ons; Woolich ECU Tuning With Race Tools And Quickshifter.
post #3 of 6 Old 07-11-2019, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

I want red instead of blue. 😁

I came up with this Eibach part number by cross referencing to the Hyperco part number I have on my shock. Just curious whether anyone had done the switch to be 100% sure before I order one. I verified a few key dimensions and it seems like the correct one.
tyrmeltr likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 07-11-2019, 02:40 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
I want red instead of blue. 😁

I came up with this Eibach part number by cross referencing to the Hyperco part number I have on my shock. Just curious whether anyone had done the switch to be 100% sure before I order one. I verified a few key dimensions and it seems like the correct one.
You should be good to go then.

2018 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - Akrapovič Racing Line Full Exhaust; BMC Air Filter; Corbin Saddle; CRG LS 2.2 Mirrors; Driven Grips; Driven PAIR Block Off Plates; Dunlop Q3+ Tires (190/55 rear); GPR V4S Steering Stabilizer; Kawasaki Frame Sliders; Mirror Block Offs; Moto Dynamic Fender Eliminator; Moto Dynamic Integrated Taillight; MRA Racing Double Bubble Screen; ProGrip Tank Pad; R&G Racing Engine Covers; Speedy Moto Tall Boy 50mm Clip Ons; Woolich ECU Tuning With Race Tools And Quickshifter.
post #5 of 6 Old 07-11-2019, 03:16 PM

My pense shock uses a spring that's 8 in long, 550 rated and 2.25" diameter.

I know the ninja1000 has different spring holders than normal penske shocks. They did that because if it were normal, the preload adjustments would be buried in the frame, so it's as if it were backwards. Normal might very well be 2.5, but not on this specific shock.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-11-2019, 03:30 PM

Vfy the length....i know they used a 6in spring on my rebuilt stock shock, and they listed the real penske shock as using the 8 in, 2.25 550 version

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page