Wsbk 2019 - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 83 Old 02-03-2019, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Garage
SEARCH IN THE CURRENT

I know testing weeks are not the tell all of how the season will go, but this is pretty dominant. Wish I could find out if they had their (fastest bike on the track, let's make it a more even for all the feild) REV limiter. Does anyone know?
Even Haslam's forth place time is reason for excitement in my eyes and shows promise.

Results
PORTIMAO WORLDSBK TEST

Jonathan Rea – KRT 1’40.855
Alex Lowes – PATA Yamaha +0.959
Alvaro Bautista – Aruba Ducati +1.079
Leon Haslam – KRT +1.289
Michael van der Mark – PATA Yamaha +1.336
Tom Sykes – BMW Motorrad +1.391
Sandro Cortese – GRT Yamaha +1.614
Marco Melandri – GRT Yamaha +1.652
Toprak Razgatlioglu – Puccetti Kawasaki +1.682
10. Markus Reiterberger – BMW Motorrad +2.291
11. Chaz Davies – Aruba Ducati +2.506
12. Michael Rinaldi – Barni Ducati +2.979
13. Eugene Laverty – Go Eleven Ducati +3.095
14. Alessandro Delbianco – Althea Honda +4.030

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/2019...ng+at+Portimao
rummaggio likes this.

6-25-2016, New 2015N1K, now w/38000 and updated regularly
Ivan's, Barringed up, Yoshi tail tidy, Akra header to a modified underbelly exhaust and Urban Brawlers, Profile bi lens LED projectors, white / amber switchback marker / blinker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 83 Old 02-03-2019, 10:13 AM

Garage
Rea will likely run away with it again. Best rider, most developed bike, Kawi the only manufacturer investing MotoGP level money in WSBK (Not being in MotoGP helps). It's the only total package on the grid. Ducati has stepped up their effort and investment but I think it will take time to develop the Pani V4. Same goes for the new S1000RR. Yamaha is still way down on power, and I don't think they've solved their tire degradation issues. The Honda was already obsolete when it came out, so even though they have HRC backing I doubt they will do much until they have a new bike.

2018 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - Akrapovič Racing Line Full Exhaust; BMC Air Filter; Corbin Saddle; CRG LS 2.2 Mirrors; Driven Grips; Driven PAIR Block Off Plates; Dunlop Q3+ Tires (190/55 rear); GPR V4S Steering Stabilizer; Kawasaki Frame Sliders; Mirror Block Offs; Moto Dynamic Fender Eliminator; Moto Dynamic Integrated Taillight; MRA Racing Double Bubble Screen; ProGrip Tank Pad; R&G Racing Engine Covers; Speedy Moto Tall Boy 50mm Clip Ons; Woolich ECU Tuning With Race Tools And Quickshifter.
post #3 of 83 Old 02-03-2019, 11:04 AM

At the Monza SBK event in 2013 the KRT guys quoted me a horsepower figure of "...240, or a bit more!" The SBKs have all been detuned a lot since then.

Dorna contributed mightily to the predictable results of recent years by pointedly handicapping the Aprilia RSV4. They disallowed the use of features found on the stock bike such as the cassette transmission, adjustable engine position and chassis geometry. That really hurt the bike and discouraged its manufacturer.
tyrmeltr likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 83 Old 02-03-2019, 11:27 AM

Some of the rules are here: https://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport...les-explained/

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...nA-dRKuf7ZCSip

Please consider the impact on the environment before printing this message.
post #5 of 83 Old 02-03-2019, 06:10 PM

It's a little strange that the manufacturers collectively allow Dorna to continue taking away technical advancements and innovations. Let's push the GO button on progress, guys! Quit letting midgets in white shirts push you around, you guys own the equipment after all!
post #6 of 83 Old 02-03-2019, 06:30 PM

They probably are going to do like nascar and make it so everybody is running together, more wrecks and damage, nascar is going down hill fast

2012 N1000 spark bl and gray ABS
Tail tidy
Urban brawlers
V/h DB killers sitting on the shelf collecting dust
Givi rack and topcase
Puig smoked wind screen
oem gel seat set
Rascal grafiks tank pad
Grip puppies
SW Motech ninja 1000 quick connect gps mount with navi bag
2014 air filter and holey bottom plate
Go Cruise Throttle lock
Ivans ECU flash
Bridgestone S21's
post #7 of 83 Old 02-03-2019, 06:36 PM

Over on the Ducati forum they are talking about the new Honda V4 coming out that Honda hopes will help them compete again. Honda has been pretty much out of the supersport game for 15-20 years and I almost doubt they can pull anything together though.

https://www.motorbikefans.com/sportb...anese-response

They supposedly created it to compete with the Ducati V4R.

Rah rah for MotoGP machines, but for production based bikes, these days Honda is the bike you pick if you want to lose. I can't even remember the last time I saw a CBR at a CCS race event.
post #8 of 83 Old 02-03-2019, 07:38 PM

MCN in England has been predicting a V-4 Honda superbike.

For the last 20 years.
post #9 of 83 Old 02-04-2019, 01:20 AM

To me the most striking point in the testing times is the 3rd spot for the Panigale V4R. The Kawasaki, like pointed out, is a finely honed bike and team but for Ducati to be up there underlines the potential in the spanking new V4R. Ducati has always built their race bikes in a significantly different way to their competitors, be it in WSBK or MotoGP. Their time in MotoGP with the V4 configuration has shaped their latest WSBK challenger, the Panigale V4. In MotoGP their time certainly has come. I think in WSBK the Panigale will emerge as a championship contender within a couple of years.

I’m excited for the ‘19 season, both MotoGP and WSBK. In the former, it’s the Yamaha I worry about, whether they’ve resolved the excessive rear wheel spin upon corner exit. Time is not on Vale’s side. Want and wish for one last hurrah for the legend.
MarkOne likes this.

2016 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
G&G Moto2 exhaust cans + Akrapovic exhaust header
Rapid Bike Evo fuel controller + YouTune
BMC filter
Traxxion Dynamics front forks kit + Penske shock
Hyperpro RSC Steering Damper
Rotobox Carbon Fibre 300ST Wheels
Brembo 19RCS Corsa Corta master cylinder
HEL steel brake lines
Vesrah ZZ brake pads
Rizoma tail tidy
Baja S2 Pro auxiliary lights
Kawasaki OEM Gel Seat
HVMP bar-end weights
Shogun frame sliders
Evotech Radiator Guard
post #10 of 83 Old 02-04-2019, 01:32 AM

Love seeing the competition. I think the biggest problem for the fans, myself included, is how to watch my favorite sport. BEIN is no longer available on Comcast, which means I have to drop extra cash to watch through streaming directly from WSBK or MotoGP...weak! That's an extra $150 or so for each.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page