Finally let my beloved honda cbr go today - Page 913 - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 1012Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #9121 of 9283 Old 05-02-2019, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

Did they make a 2013 nk1 with a white gas tank, somebody listed it in my area with 4000 miles for $4500.00,

2012 N1000 spark bl and gray ABS
Tail tidy
Urban brawlers
V/h DB killers sitting on the shelf collecting dust
Givi rack and topcase
Puig smoked wind screen
oem gel seat set
Rascal grafiks tank pad
Grip puppies
SW Motech ninja 1000 quick connect gps mount with navi bag
2014 air filter and holey bottom plate
Go Cruise Throttle lock
Ivans ECU flash
Bridgestone S21's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9122 of 9283 Old 05-03-2019, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark59 View Post
One thing about it guys, if you are not bothered or concerned about what could happen when you ride itís time to sell the bike, I think that concern in the back of our minds keeps us more observant and aware of whatís happening around us. The high visibility riding gear might not be that cool or fashionable but I swear by it, ever since I got me and the wife a high visibility helmet the near misses have went to zero.
I remember saying something like this to a guy on a VFR forum many years ago. He'd had an accident at an intersection with a car who cut him off. He wasn't seriously hurt but said he was selling his bike because riding was no fun anymore. He said "I keep thinking cars around me might not see me or run into me at any time." My thought was he should have been thinking that way all the time anyway and it might have prevented what happened. It seems like you can't spend an hour on a bike in traffic anymore where you don't seem someone do something that could get you if you weren't paying attention. It's all on us to stay safe.
rcannon409 likes this.

2014 Ninja w/bags, Motowerks lowered pegs, Seth Lamm Seat, Puig screen, Givi XS307 tank bag, WOLO BadBoy horn, LEDPerf H7C HID lights, Aerostitch Roadcrafter
post #9123 of 9283 Old 05-03-2019, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Did they make a 2013 nk1 with a white gas tank, somebody listed it in my area with 4000 miles for $4500.00,
yes they did. I kinda like the white.

ATGATT

2013 BMW K1300S 30 YR Edition

Past bikes
1972 Honda XL100
1974 Suzuki TM250
1974 Honda Elsinore250cr
1984 Honda Sabre v45
1986 Honda Sabre v65
1990 Harley 1200 Sporty
2003 Yamaha Vmax
2009 KTM 450 XCF -stolen
2011 Ninja N1k
2007 Honda 250 Crf250X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9124 of 9283 Old 05-03-2019, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

That’s not a bad price having just 4,000 miles on it.

Tail tidy
Urban brawlers
Givi rack and topcase
Puig smoked wind screen
oem gel seat set
Rascal grafiks tank pad
Grip puppies
Go Cruise Throttle lock
Ivans ECU flash
Bridgestone S21's
post #9125 of 9283 Old 05-03-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenors View Post
I remember saying something like this to a guy on a VFR forum many years ago. He'd had an accident at an intersection with a car who cut him off. He wasn't seriously hurt but said he was selling his bike because riding was no fun anymore. He said "I keep thinking cars around me might not see me or run into me at any time." My thought was he should have been thinking that way all the time anyway and it might have prevented what happened. It seems like you can't spend an hour on a bike in traffic anymore where you don't seem someone do something that could get you if you weren't paying attention. It's all on us to stay safe.
I sure cannot think of a time where I ride around and feel confident the cars do see me. We all know that's not true. What you are saying makes sense.

A few years back, a motor officer was killed. It was in an intersection that was near my house. Obviously, it's a tragedy, but a person would have to be insane to drive through this intersection with anything less that 100% awareness. Its large, and both roads have cars at over 50 mph....it was really a ?...?

2012 Ninja 1000
post #9126 of 9283 Old 05-03-2019, 11:46 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcannon409 View Post
I sure cannot think of a time where I ride around and feel confident the cars do see me. We all know that's not true. What you are saying makes sense.

A few years back, a motor officer was killed. It was in an intersection that was near my house. Obviously, it's a tragedy, but a person would have to be insane to drive through this intersection with anything less that 100% awareness. Its large, and both roads have cars at over 50 mph....it was really a ?...?
Even if they do see you some physicist in the UK proved that the spatial dimesions of a bike completely throw the elderly off in terms of judging the distance. He sort of threw in women too. He was not trying ot be politcally correct. He came up with some "ribbon" concept if I remember correctly where riding your bike in a swaying/swerving fashion, almost like a half figure eight, created the same spatial recognition to a driver down the road that a car does.

The reality is this should not even be necessary becuase if you yield to the right of way instead of trying to judge if you can beat the rider to the spot or out of the intersection, juding the distance would not even be necessary. But let's face it, especially with old ladies, they think they can make a move they shouldn't be making in enough time. They can't even judge the distance thier vaginas are from the toilet so they should not be trying to calcualte distance vs. speed out in public.
post #9127 of 9283 Old 05-03-2019, 11:53 AM

I pulled a dumb shit move, last year. I cut off a dude on a scooter. I should have seen him, and when you are on a college campus, a person just might see a scooter, right?

The rider saved me from hitting him, and that bothered me. Bottom line was that I was looking for cars, and his scooter did not even register.

2012 Ninja 1000
post #9128 of 9283 Old 05-03-2019, 05:53 PM

Do you guys think they are screwing up when they advertise these electric bikes to us/ Us as in guys and ladies who already ride?

I think the appeal of "quiet" and "no shifting" is probably a big nothing for most of us, or not? I know it is on me. I dont have a problem with them. They are like my neighbors Vette. Great Im happy you like it but there is 0% chance of me wanting or buying one.

2012 Ninja 1000
post #9129 of 9283 Old 05-03-2019, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

If I can’t change gears and hear the engine I don’t want it, I would just drive a car and forget riding a bike if all I can have is electric,

Tail tidy
Urban brawlers
Givi rack and topcase
Puig smoked wind screen
oem gel seat set
Rascal grafiks tank pad
Grip puppies
Go Cruise Throttle lock
Ivans ECU flash
Bridgestone S21's
post #9130 of 9283 Old 05-03-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:
If I canít change gears and hear the engine I donít want it, I would just drive a car and forget riding a bike if all I can have is electric,
Guess you aren't their primary customer. And just when I thought everybody wanted exactly the same thing in 2 wheels.

2014 Ninja w/bags, Motowerks lowered pegs, Seth Lamm Seat, Puig screen, Givi XS307 tank bag, WOLO BadBoy horn, LEDPerf H7C HID lights, Aerostitch Roadcrafter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page