Finally let my beloved honda cbr go today - Page 912 - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 1012Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #9111 of 9283 Old 05-02-2019, 09:30 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
An 18 wheeler was to my right but drifting into my lane and the breakdown lane was coming up to a concrete end...
I've never liked being beside a 18 wheeler when I'm on a bike and that just gives me more reason not to.

6-25-2016, New 2015N1K, now w/38000 and updated regularly
Ivan's, Barringed up, Yoshi tail tidy, Akra header to a modified underbelly exhaust and Urban Brawlers, Profile bi lens LED projectors, white / amber switchback marker / blinker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9112 of 9283 Old 05-02-2019, 10:44 AM

Garage
Mark it's sad too because I know new tires today are so much better then 20 years ago off the rack.

6-25-2016, New 2015N1K, now w/38000 and updated regularly
Ivan's, Barringed up, Yoshi tail tidy, Akra header to a modified underbelly exhaust and Urban Brawlers, Profile bi lens LED projectors, white / amber switchback marker / blinker.
post #9113 of 9283 Old 05-02-2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark59 View Post
One thing about it guys, if you are not bothered or concerned about what could happen when you ride itís time to sell the bike, I think that concern in the back of our minds keeps us more observant and aware of whatís happening around us. The high visibility riding gear might not be that cool or fashionable but I swear by it, ever since I got me and the wife a high visibility helmet the near misses have went to zero.
Great post and you are correct. I dont blame anyone or criticize anyone for using them, but this sort of thinking is what stops me from using cruise control, throttle locks, or even looking at my speedo and tach. I think we are all different int his regard. My brother was an incredible athlete and he could text and drive without an issue. I really never had that ability. To be honest I never fully recovered from that crash I had , years ago. Physically I did, but that mental thing of how quickly things went from being ok to disaster never left. After crash, riding has never been as fun, and I took it a lot more seriously.

2012 Ninja 1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9114 of 9283 Old 05-02-2019, 03:03 PM

Garage
Quote:
Rock, was in your neck of the woods Tuesday. Almost got killed by an 18 wheeler crossing the new Tappenzee. I was in far left lane and there was a break down lane to my left that was coming to an end. An 18 wheeler was to my right but drifting into my lane and the breakdown lane was coming up to a concrete end. He squeezed me almost into the concrete end. I had to slam on my brakes just before the concrete. When I caught up the the guy to say wtf, I looked at hint and wait for this... he was f king texting driving over the bridge. I don't think he knew what he had just did. The things I see on the road these days...
Welcome to my daily commute MarkUno. I put up with that shit every day coming and going on 287/I-95 and that friggin bridge. I go mental when I see a truck do that.
btw, thanks for stopping by
post #9115 of 9283 Old 05-02-2019, 03:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcannon409 View Post
Great post and you are correct. I dont blame anyone or criticize anyone for using them, but this sort of thinking is what stops me from using cruise control, throttle locks, or even looking at my speedo and tach. I think we are all different int his regard. My brother was an incredible athlete and he could text and drive without an issue. I really never had that ability. To be honest I never fully recovered from that crash I had , years ago. Physically I did, but that mental thing of how quickly things went from being ok to disaster never left. After crash, riding has never been as fun, and I took it a lot more seriously.
I rode today as I stayed home. I of course went out in full gear: gym shorts, sneakers, half face helment, and light jacket
It was dumb but I stayed local and it was/is hot out. I was pretty tentative but then I got a little ballsey. Still always assumed everyone was going to do the wrong thing. Very little joy in riding sometimes. I went home after the gym, ditched the bike and took the convertalbe to the store. More enjoyable.
rcannon409 likes this.
post #9116 of 9283 Old 05-02-2019, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Welcome to my daily commute MarkUno. I put up with that shit every day coming and going on 287/I-95 and that friggin bridge. I go mental when I see a truck do that.
btw, thanks for stopping by
Sorry I didn't stop, I had been driving for days. I just wanted to get home. I really did think about you though. Started driving last Friday in Naples FL. Went a little off course to visit my son in Blacksburg VA. Went through your neck of the woods around noon time Tuesday. 1760 miles in total.

ATGATT

2013 BMW K1300S 30 YR Edition

Past bikes
1972 Honda XL100
1974 Suzuki TM250
1974 Honda Elsinore250cr
1984 Honda Sabre v45
1986 Honda Sabre v65
1990 Harley 1200 Sporty
2003 Yamaha Vmax
2009 KTM 450 XCF -stolen
2011 Ninja N1k
2007 Honda 250 Crf250X
post #9117 of 9283 Old 05-02-2019, 05:42 PM

Garage
Quote:
Sorry I didn't stop, I had been driving for days. I just wanted to get home. I really did think about you though. Started driving last Friday in Naples FL. Went a little off course to visit my son in Blacksburg VA. Went through your neck of the woods around noon time Tuesday. 1760 miles in total.
I hear you. That's allot of driving. I was probably in Stamford around that time. Traffics allot freindlier midday and you miss the freakin glare. THe whole ny leg of that ride has blinding glare in the morning as it heads straight east.
post #9118 of 9283 Old 05-02-2019, 05:45 PM

Garage
btw, everyone is chaning their batteries on thier KTM SD GTs on the forum and they are still having problems like I did. That bike is a major problem. The electronics are too clunky. Even if the battery were to solve the issues they're only yeard old bikes for the most part. I'd stick to dirt bike only with KTM for sure.
post #9119 of 9283 Old 05-02-2019, 08:48 PM

Rock, give ktm a break. They have only had 5 years to look at that issue. Progress can take time....

I was at the shop, today, and someone had turned in a 2007 Yamaha r6. The 2006 r6 is one of the most advanced motorcycles that's ever been made. Nothing comes close to its technology level except the newest BMW's. It had electronic shit before the rest were even dreaming about it. I tried one, years back, so I had to see if it felt like I remembered.

It's a terrible street bike. At 4000 rpm, it has 20 horsepower and almost no torque. It's good enough to flow with traffic, but barely. Finally out in the open, I opened it up. Pretty much nothing happens, but the revs keep climbing. Around 9000, this bike changes....its fucking fast. From about 9000, to its displayed 17,000, you would swear this is the fastest motorcycle in the world. It might as well be a two stroke. Handling is damn near perfect. It feels like a bicycle. I'd have to own it to find its flaws. I wish I were younger, lighter, shorter and smarter. If I had a few of those going for me, I'd have this bike. Its 50hp down on my ninja, but seat of the pants says it's faster. The ninja pretty much crosses that fun line...meaning, you can have fun, but it takes the legal speed limit x2 to do so. This thing was fun and engaging at 50mph and first gear.

2012 Ninja 1000
post #9120 of 9283 Old 05-02-2019, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

I still haven’t figured out how back in the early 70’s we got buy with laying our dirt bikes in the curves on the roads with the knobbies and not loose it, we never give any thought to traction, we just layed in the corners and went. Didn’t matter if we was in dirt or asphalt.

2012 N1000 spark bl and gray ABS
Tail tidy
Urban brawlers
V/h DB killers sitting on the shelf collecting dust
Givi rack and topcase
Puig smoked wind screen
oem gel seat set
Rascal grafiks tank pad
Grip puppies
SW Motech ninja 1000 quick connect gps mount with navi bag
2014 air filter and holey bottom plate
Go Cruise Throttle lock
Ivans ECU flash
Bridgestone S21's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page