Finally let my beloved honda cbr go today - Page 911 - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 1012Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #9101 of 9283 Old 04-30-2019, 09:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
Lets face it... we all go through changes. Right now I am not feeling the road bike for some reason. Could be traffic and the amount of deaths. Not sure. But, right now the trails are calling me back. But, I do reserve the right to change my mind LOL! I think of bikes like women before I was married. It is fun to try different things. I am sure if I get back to road bikes the zx 14 is on my bucket list. As far a dirt bike riding Google Jericho mountain. The state of NH has agreed to let dirt bikes, atvs, snow mobiles use the roads to access different trails, gas, pizza, beer, what ever, for a five year trial period.

I would totally rather ride dirt than road too. The surgery and my hellacious commute sort of put some thoughts in my head like the ones your having, but riding around saturday made me bike hungry again. However, I don't think I'll be doing much commuting anymore as there are multiple accidents everyday both ways on that route and I can't risk that while I'm in the process of healing. I may just become a leisure rider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark59 View Post
Had 2- bikes crash last night killing one and the other rider in bad shape, our fatality count is starting out high this year.
that definitely emphasizes Markuno's point. sucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9102 of 9283 Old 04-30-2019, 09:18 PM

Remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
I would totally rather ride dirt than road too. The surgery and my hellacious commute sort of put some thoughts in my head like the ones your having, but riding around saturday made me bike hungry again. However, I don't think I'll be doing much commuting anymore as there are multiple accidents everyday both ways on that route and I can't risk that while I'm in the process of healing. I may just become a leisure rider.

that definitely emphasizes Markuno's point. sucks.

Remember, on a Ninja 1000 the difference between leisure and sport is only the throttle an brake...good luck, stay healthy..
post #9103 of 9283 Old 04-30-2019, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

Guys if your area is like mine the traffic has outgrowed the town and it’s like a mad house from 2:30 to 6:00 pm, there is wrecks everyday. Despite the large numbers of bikers all ready killed in a 30 mile radius around me I think about it but don’t dwell on it. I know when I’m on the bike i really pay alot more attention than when I’m in the truck. I act as
every cross road they could pull out
in front of me. I have adjusted my riding style and actually I’m riding faster than before. I don’t ride beside a car unless there is no way around it. I gas it and put distance between me and the cars. I try and put myself in a zone by my self. Actually I’m more relaxed driving that way knowing that every obstacle that can cause a crash is got distance between us. I really don’t think the cager scene is going to get any better only worse. I find it ironic in my younger years having a wreck with a car really did not cross my mind even after being involved in a wreck. I just rode the shit out of my bikes and did not give it a second thought. I’ve had more than one crash at speeds over 50 mph and lost some skin but I guess the man upstairs was watching out for me. I had the what if feelings a lot my first year back riding after several years of not riding after having several close calls with stupid drivers. I guess it’s in my blood being raised on bikes since a kid and really love to ride. But there is always the question do I get out while I’m ahead lol.

2012 N1000 spark bl and gray ABS
Tail tidy
Urban brawlers
V/h DB killers sitting on the shelf collecting dust
Givi rack and topcase
Puig smoked wind screen
oem gel seat set
Rascal grafiks tank pad
Grip puppies
SW Motech ninja 1000 quick connect gps mount with navi bag
2014 air filter and holey bottom plate
Go Cruise Throttle lock
Ivans ECU flash
Bridgestone S21's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9104 of 9283 Old 04-30-2019, 11:57 PM

Garage
Traffic here is just like you described Mark, and sure isn't getting any better.

6-25-2016, New 2015N1K, now w/38000 and updated regularly
Ivan's, Barringed up, Yoshi tail tidy, Akra header to a modified underbelly exhaust and Urban Brawlers, Profile bi lens LED projectors, white / amber switchback marker / blinker.
post #9105 of 9283 Old 05-01-2019, 08:11 AM

Garage
It's ridiculous around here. YOu can't even be cut a break on a sunday afternoon when it's nice out. THere are highway's and roads that were devolped 40 years ago that did not contmeplate traffic quintupling in 40 years. That and for some strange reason in the era where retailers are closing stores we seem to be having new strips and malls opening every other day. I do think it's time for autonomous vehicles even though I persoanlly loathe the idea. The roads are just not going to change fast enough and people aren't going to learn how to drive fast enough. And forget about rush hour.
One of my co workers recently relocated from Salt lake and he says it might as well be bumper cars around here. I remember when they were talking about a law back when gas shot up to $5 a gallon that would force companies to make each employee work from home one day per week on a rotating schedule. This should absolutley happen now, but that would only impact rush hour and hurt local traffic as people would likely be driving around locally on that "home work" day.
post #9106 of 9283 Old 05-01-2019, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
I still think the KTM 450 could beat the ninja 1000 in a 1/8 mile race. Granted the KTM would have to be in the dirt and the Ninja on pavement. Never mind what it could do to any 400 street bike. I am a big guy and when on the throttle of the KTM I have to lay on the bars in the 1st three gears. I think I am talking myself into a new KTM for the fall in New Hampshire.
One guy used to race his 2 stroke Hondacr500 at the local races. He had geared it to top out at 125mph. It was a 12 second 1/4 mile machine. He killed all the heavy street bikes off the line. It was not even close. In 1/8, I think I agree.

2012 Ninja 1000
post #9107 of 9283 Old 05-01-2019, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

One thing about it guys, if you are not bothered or concerned about what could happen when you ride it’s time to sell the bike, I think that concern in the back of our minds keeps us more observant and aware of what’s happening around us. The high visibility riding gear might not be that cool or fashionable but I swear by it, ever since I got me and the wife a high visibility helmet the near misses have went to zero.
mrsand likes this.

Tail tidy
Urban brawlers
Givi rack and topcase
Puig smoked wind screen
oem gel seat set
Rascal grafiks tank pad
Grip puppies
Go Cruise Throttle lock
Ivans ECU flash
Bridgestone S21's
post #9108 of 9283 Old 05-01-2019, 10:38 PM

Garage
Mark you should have seen how conservative I was being earlier today after servicing the head bearings and spooning on a new front S21 last night. I bet you would have thought I was a newbie if you would have come up behind me on the road. LOL
After feeling the girl up and down and around a few curves though all was good and it was back to business as usual.

6-25-2016, New 2015N1K, now w/38000 and updated regularly
Ivan's, Barringed up, Yoshi tail tidy, Akra header to a modified underbelly exhaust and Urban Brawlers, Profile bi lens LED projectors, white / amber switchback marker / blinker.
post #9109 of 9283 Old 05-02-2019, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
It's ridiculous around here. YOu can't even be cut a break on a sunday afternoon when it's nice out. THere are highway's and roads that were devolped 40 years ago that did not contmeplate traffic quintupling in 40 years. That and for some strange reason in the era where retailers are closing stores we seem to be having new strips and malls opening every other day. I do think it's time for autonomous vehicles even though I persoanlly loathe the idea. The roads are just not going to change fast enough and people aren't going to learn how to drive fast enough. And forget about rush hour.
One of my co workers recently relocated from Salt lake and he says it might as well be bumper cars around here. I remember when they were talking about a law back when gas shot up to $5 a gallon that would force companies to make each employee work from home one day per week on a rotating schedule. This should absolutley happen now, but that would only impact rush hour and hurt local traffic as people would likely be driving around locally on that "home work" day.
Rock, was in your neck of the woods Tuesday. Almost got killed by an 18 wheeler crossing the new Tappenzee. I was in far left lane and there was a break down lane to my left that was coming to an end. An 18 wheeler was to my right but drifting into my lane and the breakdown lane was coming up to a concrete end. He squeezed me almost into the concrete end. I had to slam on my brakes just before the concrete. When I caught up the the guy to say wtf, I looked at hint and wait for this... he was f king texting driving over the bridge. I don't think he knew what he had just did. The things I see on the road these days...

ATGATT

2013 BMW K1300S 30 YR Edition

Past bikes
1972 Honda XL100
1974 Suzuki TM250
1974 Honda Elsinore250cr
1984 Honda Sabre v45
1986 Honda Sabre v65
1990 Harley 1200 Sporty
2003 Yamaha Vmax
2009 KTM 450 XCF -stolen
2011 Ninja N1k
2007 Honda 250 Crf250X
post #9110 of 9283 Old 05-02-2019, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Kenneth I know the feeling about the new tires I’m the same way, I’m like I bet these tires are slick and after a few corners it’s yep we are all good lol.

Tail tidy
Urban brawlers
Givi rack and topcase
Puig smoked wind screen
oem gel seat set
Rascal grafiks tank pad
Grip puppies
Go Cruise Throttle lock
Ivans ECU flash
Bridgestone S21's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page