Finally let my beloved honda cbr go today - Page 907 - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 1012Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #9061 of 9283 Old 04-26-2019, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Avintage has an eagle eye, he analyzes the whole situation and notices things most of us don’t see, I bet his job has made him that aware.

2012 N1000 spark bl and gray ABS
Tail tidy
Urban brawlers
V/h DB killers sitting on the shelf collecting dust
Givi rack and topcase
Puig smoked wind screen
oem gel seat set
Rascal grafiks tank pad
Grip puppies
SW Motech ninja 1000 quick connect gps mount with navi bag
2014 air filter and holey bottom plate
Go Cruise Throttle lock
Ivans ECU flash
Bridgestone S21's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9062 of 9283 Old 04-26-2019, 11:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcannon409 View Post
Hold me back......I'll bet this will polish right up...
If anyone could fix that RC I bet you could.
rcannon409 likes this.

6-25-2016, New 2015N1K, now w/38000 and updated regularly
Ivan's, Barringed up, Yoshi tail tidy, Akra header to a modified underbelly exhaust and Urban Brawlers, Profile bi lens LED projectors, white / amber switchback marker / blinker.
post #9063 of 9283 Old 04-26-2019, 11:04 PM

Garage
I wish I had eagle eyes.....
so I could see those performance award writers a little sooner.

6-25-2016, New 2015N1K, now w/38000 and updated regularly
Ivan's, Barringed up, Yoshi tail tidy, Akra header to a modified underbelly exhaust and Urban Brawlers, Profile bi lens LED projectors, white / amber switchback marker / blinker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9064 of 9283 Old 04-27-2019, 04:14 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark59 View Post
Rocky are you going to get your bike this week, we are hitting the 80ís here this week. Hopefully your getting some better weather.

I'm going to try and get it today Markie. It keeps raining on and off though. I may have to reschedule. The weather has been shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcannon409 View Post
Im not sure what this talk about Rock not riding is all about. Im pretty sure I just saw his bike? No idea how or why hes in Utah.....

Serious, what the fuck is wrong with people? And they think we give a shit about what they eat?

I have vagina written on my bike. .
post #9065 of 9283 Old 04-27-2019, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

Rocky hopefully you will get the bike today, do you feel like your ready to ride now, most of your soreness gone hopefully, that was a hell of a procedure you had, anytime they crack you open that is some serious bone mending going on.

Tail tidy
Urban brawlers
Givi rack and topcase
Puig smoked wind screen
oem gel seat set
Rascal grafiks tank pad
Grip puppies
Go Cruise Throttle lock
Ivans ECU flash
Bridgestone S21's
post #9066 of 9283 Old 04-27-2019, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

I bought one of those new vinyl and pvc screen doors that’s suppose to last. The directions said you could trim it with regular wood working tools. I fired up the skill saw and ripped 1” off the bottom. The dust off cutting that likes to of killed me. It was a fine powder that stuck to everything. I coughed so much I thought I was going to puke. I was wheezing all night every time I breathed. That dam door should of had a warning to wear a freaking respirator while cutting.

Tail tidy
Urban brawlers
Givi rack and topcase
Puig smoked wind screen
oem gel seat set
Rascal grafiks tank pad
Grip puppies
Go Cruise Throttle lock
Ivans ECU flash
Bridgestone S21's
post #9067 of 9283 Old 04-27-2019, 08:56 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark59 View Post
Rocky hopefully you will get the bike today, do you feel like your ready to ride now, most of your soreness gone hopefully, that was a hell of a procedure you had, anytime they crack you open that is some serious bone mending going on.
Dam Markie, you should have worn a surgical mask.

I'm still really sore but I think I'm going to be for six more months. I'm sort of apprehensive to ride but I have to ride sometime. I'll jsut have to sit as upright as possible so no jarring goes directly into tmy chest. If it really hurts I'll turn around and bring it back to the shop and put it on a trailer. Two other guys from the KTM forum had something similar done and one rode about 2 and 1/2 months from surgery and the other a few months so it's not abonomral for me to be riding now. The doc said I'm younger and more muscular than most that get this so it will take longer for me to heal and not to compare my progress next to someone elses. Oddly, older guys heal faster as their cartilage is more soft and pliable. Also no muscle tugging on thier sternums while healing. I was told I was a bit of a bitch to open up as well. I don't want dudes inside me
post #9068 of 9283 Old 04-27-2019, 11:02 AM

Rock, I broke a bunch of ribs when I was a young and strong 16 yr old. It was at least six months before I could lay in a bed. I learned to love late night cable tv and anything from the opiod family. I think your "injury" is worse. The fact you are doing this well is amazing.

I hope todays ride goes well, but so what if you need another month or three...

2012 Ninja 1000
post #9069 of 9283 Old 04-27-2019, 01:29 PM

Garage
the ride wnet well despite the 40 mph winds. Of course that had to happen the day I pick up my bike, but the ninja stood its ground. It was a fun ride. Nervous at first.

RC, ribs are weird. Though not as severe as a cracked open sternum they don't heal easily becuase there's nothing holding them together. THis ride did hurt a bit but it was bearable as well. I think I'll ride some more tomorrow.

The first official beer run of 2019 did occur though
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ninja.jpg (365.2 KB, 4 views)
post #9070 of 9283 Old 04-27-2019, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
the ride wnet well despite the 40 mph winds. Of course that had to happen the day I pick up my bike, but the ninja stood its ground. It was a fun ride. Nervous at first.

RC, ribs are weird. Though not as severe as a cracked open sternum they don't heal easily becuase there's nothing holding them together. THis ride did hurt a bit but it was bearable as well. I think I'll ride some more tomorrow.

The first official beer run of 2019 did occur though
Glad the ride went well. You're right about the ribs. According to my doc (and x-rays) the body just kind of puts a blob of stiff cartilage around where the ends meet and calls it good. A 2011 Ninja broke my ribs but it resulted in a 2014 Ninja so that was nice compensation for 6 weeks of no riding. I actually picked up the '14 while still in a lot of pain and under orders NOT to ride. Hey, $10k OTD for a brand new '14 w/ bags. My wife still thinks it was the drugs that messed with my decision making processes. Me and a buddy trailered it home and I got to stare at it in my garage for another 3 weeks before ever putting a mile on it. Looks like you're back in the saddle even if it means being careful. Congrats.

2014 Ninja w/bags, Motowerks lowered pegs, Seth Lamm Seat, Puig screen, Givi XS307 tank bag, WOLO BadBoy horn, LEDPerf H7C HID lights, Aerostitch Roadcrafter

Last edited by kenors; 04-27-2019 at 01:45 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page