Finally let my beloved honda cbr go today - Page 844 - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 1012Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #8431 of 9283 Old 12-31-2018, 08:04 PM

I mean AMPS......As of yesterday, nothing special at all. Its hard to give a specific number as its a load following air compressor, so the number always changes. 480v, 3 phase.

What are the odds that the wires are bad, and nothing else?....right.......No way, is there?

2012 Ninja 1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8432 of 9283 Old 01-01-2019, 11:07 AM

Garage
@rcannon409
I doubt this is your issue but just for thought. On the job in Midland recently as the last electricians on site we were tasked with helping plant [email protected] diagnose why new GE Spectra breakers started tripping after Our heat trace was energized but with no direct found issues with the HT itself.
Turned out to be the trip units that had been inserted into the main critical panel breakers right after the ATS were to small to begin with and then programmed with out consideration of our load going to be placed on the system. It was an easy fix though, only took GE flying a man out and he went breaker to breaker in all three MCCs and metered start up, full load run and with a lap top reprogrammed the trip points of the breakers one at a time. He did replace a half dozen trip models as apparently there were more than a few to small but not the breaker itself.
Anyway what I was getting at is he mentioned that these breakers were sensitive enough to need actual readings and then added additional over amps due to age of system to be considered. Also said that imbalance between phases was more important with them. Trying to get my company to send me to their tech class but doubt it will happen. Anyway good luck.
rcannon409 likes this.

6-25-2016, New 2015N1K, now w/38000 and updated regularly
Ivan's, Barringed up, Yoshi tail tidy, Akra header to a modified underbelly exhaust and Urban Brawlers, Profile bi lens LED projectors, white / amber switchback marker / blinker.
post #8433 of 9283 Old 01-01-2019, 11:22 AM

I agree you need to go to tech class so I don't have to!!! I like having you guys solve my technical issues because I think theres many of you with much more experience in the large , industrial stuff. You might be right, I'll know more tomorrow.

I know Im being way too simple in saying this, but two of us saw this "spark". It looked really simple as if the electricity had found an easier path to the compressor rather than go through the wires..This may, or may not be exactly what it looks like....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181231_122146.jpg (168.7 KB, 11 views)

2012 Ninja 1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8434 of 9283 Old 01-01-2019, 11:52 AM

Another question.....

You can see where the electricity left those wires....the spark left that area and went @ 10 feet. It hit the compressor. If someone had been standing in the direct path, would that have done any damage to them? Im thinking no, but goddamn was it loud and scary. No one was in the path, but that was just because of luck. My guy was standing on the spark side, looking to see if a fan started to turn, or a motor started to turn. It missed him by at least 3 feet, but what if?

2012 Ninja 1000
post #8435 of 9283 Old 01-01-2019, 12:42 PM

Garage
A person likely wouldn't have attracted it. Still, it would have been interesting to find out
I wonder what the charge of arc spark is relative to the current its coming off of.
rcannon409 likes this.
post #8436 of 9283 Old 01-01-2019, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

Guys it just did not seem right driving down highway 129 in north carolina without the bike, it could of beem possible as the rain did not hit untill about 8:00 and was gone by day break, but if i would of took the bike it probably would of rained the whole time lol. Still had a good time just looking at the scenery

2012 N1000 spark bl and gray ABS
Tail tidy
Urban brawlers
V/h DB killers sitting on the shelf collecting dust
Givi rack and topcase
Puig smoked wind screen
oem gel seat set
Rascal grafiks tank pad
Grip puppies
SW Motech ninja 1000 quick connect gps mount with navi bag
2014 air filter and holey bottom plate
Go Cruise Throttle lock
Ivans ECU flash
Bridgestone S21's
post #8437 of 9283 Old 01-01-2019, 06:09 PM

Garage
we were in the low 50s today but the winds were in the 40s. Did not feel like riding. Lost day.
post #8438 of 9283 Old 01-01-2019, 07:00 PM

Avintage, Im with you, but the electrician contacted me , today. He said the a wire was loose as it went into the breaker...swears the equipment is ok (???) My fear is I hit the on switch, and it happens again...Its 2 degrees there, right now, and supposed to drop to well below zero.

Its so damn cold here that all I do is use the snowblower. Blow snow on to the grass and the wind takes it right back to the driveway.

2012 Ninja 1000
post #8439 of 9283 Old 01-01-2019, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

I did manage to see 4 or 5 bikes out and about till i stopped in andrews North Carolina on the way home, looked like a group of around 50 was getting ready to make a run, it hit 72 degrees monday evening untill i hit the mountains, then it dropped to 64 and stayed right at 60 all night the went up to around 66 today before more rain hits tommorrow for the rest of the wek, definateley been wettest fall and start of winter here in a long time. Oh well maybe it will stay warmer lol.

2012 N1000 spark bl and gray ABS
Tail tidy
Urban brawlers
V/h DB killers sitting on the shelf collecting dust
Givi rack and topcase
Puig smoked wind screen
oem gel seat set
Rascal grafiks tank pad
Grip puppies
SW Motech ninja 1000 quick connect gps mount with navi bag
2014 air filter and holey bottom plate
Go Cruise Throttle lock
Ivans ECU flash
Bridgestone S21's
post #8440 of 9283 Old 01-01-2019, 08:36 PM

Colder than a.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcannon409 View Post
Avintage, Im with you, but the electrician contacted me , today. He said the a wire was loose as it went into the breaker...swears the equipment is ok (???) My fear is I hit the on switch, and it happens again...Its 2 degrees there, right now, and supposed to drop to well below zero.
Its so damn cold here that all I do is use the snowblower. Blow snow on to the grass and the wind takes it right back to the driveway.

Man thats cold......never been there, i can only imagine...if i lived up there i would have plenty of warm cloths and fire........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page