Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

Finally let my beloved honda cbr go today

714K views 19K replies 82 participants last post by  jjscsix 
#1 ·
Finally sold my cbr 500r today, the ninja looks lonely in the stable now. But it just sit there not getting the treatment it deserved. But the pretty little gal that bought it i believe will make sure it gets rode alot. She had on short shorts and flip flops and said can i ride it and im like please god no all i could picture was her laying it down and burnning holes in them pretty legs, but she survived and said its sold. I went on to lecture her about wearing riding gear and she said i know then started showing me the scars on her legs and back where she crashed her ninja 250. Said she was going to take it easy on it for awhile then as she turned on the main road i herd the two brothers exhaust singing as she was pinning it through the gears. I was thinking i hope she makes it home. The funny thing when they pulled up they was trying buy my ninja also and i said its not for sale. On the brighter side the ZX14r could turn into a reality now if i loose my mind lol.

#1,126 ·
No "Korean" forks like spell check suggested for the Honda pic I showed?

I typed in "modern" and got Korena. Honda X11 is just a naked Blackbird. I suppose ti was kind-of a B-King competitor?

#1,128 ·
I was listening to the radio, last night, as I drove to a service call.

Top of the hour news break. The short report never hit home until it ended, so I did not listen to the details.

It was a man, and his wife, living in new York, Chicago, or Los Angeles. Not sure what city. Big, liberal city.

He was in the process of selling everything, and moving, with wife, to Argentina. He did not sound black, asian, or Hispanic, although he might have been. A normal, average American citizen.

When he made his last statement of, " What am I supposed to do?" He was genuinely scared. Not artificial fear, or dramatized. A seriously fearful tone.

Screw the media for doing this to this poor douchebag/puss. I don't believe they understand how their reports scare people bordering on mental illness over politics, and societies demise.

This is said in hoping a good society would stick up for the poor, and less than powerful. I'd want to kick him in the ***, but society needs to be better than that. All the media does is fire up these idiots, then not offer a solution to make them feel powerful, and safe. That's wrong, and far more cruel than anything Trump ever said, or did.

Reactions: HoloQuest
#1,130 ·
I could not believe his wife was staying with him.

We don't need people that are this pathetic reproducing.

And not just to pick on him. We also need to stop guy who says Obama is a moslem,and not a us citizen.

He stopped me on Venice Beach and tried to educate me. I'm like, "Well, he's been in office 7 years....how are your efforts working out?" I went to punch him in the stomach, but my granddaughter would not let me.

I think a lot of this Trump stuff is because we've all had an *** full of idiots that need to be put in their place.

Who am I to say SO? That's the point. I'm not. But, I do know if I go to work, do just enough to not get fired, I'll likley receive more money, pay more taxes, and have a better life, no matter who's in office, or whatn60 minutes says.

#1,134 ·
What rock said dont let the door hit you in the *** if your compelled to leave because of who got the presidency.

#1,136 ·
Rock, I enjoy how fooled I was by that story. I had no idea he was of that sort....

Seriously, how could the fool ever think someone would come after him, and his husband. I feel,like there's much more to do before we deport these two. It might be jj....

#1,137 ·
It's totally irrational. He can't undo a marriage. He might repeal the bill but the marriage license is at the state level. They should go to Argentina where all the die hard old school Roman Catholics will treat them like they're possessed by el diabolo.

I remember back when Bush beat Gore in a very questionable election. I remember reading a couple committed suicide fearing the end of the world. Some people are just on the fringe and can't cope with adversity.

I'm just upset I won't be able to use the ladies room on days I "identify" as being a woman :)

#1,140 ·
I will say rock i really dont enjoy riding in cold weather, id rather be sitting by the fire drinking a cold one, now when i was young and dumb i road 365, snow, rain it didnt matter, fingers would turn blue and would put them under the faucet to warm them up. I remember one winter i had to lay my bike down on a gravel road because a vw pulled out in front of me, dam that hurts when your froze and stiff. I can still here the guy saying you put a hole in my car while i was laying there

#1,141 ·
When I had my Sprint this time last year I didn't mind the cold as long as it was over freezing. A good fairing works wonders. The S1000 is fine if you're not doing over 50-60 but then it kicks in. The Sprint I could be doing 100 in the cold and I was allright. I commuted until there was snow on the road.

You should have put a hole in that guys' face!

#1,142 ·
I've seen many things just "work out" without government trying to fix things.

I saw a group of maybe 10 homeless guys in the new your subway. Their "job" was helping people like me figure out how to buy pass cards, and how much to load them with..they guy was very nice, and you knew he was no threat.

I'm like, "1-2 Dollars? Here's a ten..what the f do I do?" He explained what I needed to do, we bought the passes, and he just made it easy.. When he put my 10 away, he had way more money on him that I did.

Figure 10 of him, every subway station...and that's awesome. It made my visit to the city better. I'm not saying home leaned is solved, but he found an oportunity.

I love my 80.00 heated grips,

I was reason an old vintage test of Kawasaki full dress kz1300...would have been 1982, I believe 770lbs, fully loaded. The top of the windshield stood 5'6" front the ground.

#1,143 ·
Speaking of racist, racism, and how evil trump is.

Flash back to Sunday Morning, 1970.

Young Roland, sitting in a chair, feet dangling, watching this. This would be impossible , today. :

Go, Go Gopher Indians

#1,144 ·
I remember back to just when the internet started gettign big..,maybe 1987 or 98.

The local radio host (LDS church owned station) had people calling in to mention what their favorite web site was. People kept giving sites for dogs, recipes, woodworking, etc..very lame things.

I called and told the host I had one that I loved. It was near and dear to my heart, my lifes meaning. It gave me a life that I never had before.

He buys the story, 100%

I went on to explain how the wonderful people there take care of stray cats. They find them homes, give them shelter..please, give it a look...so he asks for the address.

Of course, I give it without the www part...so it does notwork the first time. Important, because as soon as he sees where this is going, he will dump the call and the seven second delay will make it as if nothing happened..

So I offer up.........s.....catlover...... This is not work safe, don't even think about trying it.

If a person types that in, without the ....it goes to a very dark, horrible part of society that really should not exists, and now he has his entire audience clicking on it. I heard an audible , gasp before he cut me off, and banned the phone number. By the time he realized what it was, he hit the dump button...however, 20 seconds had elapsed, so he ended up giving the address, again.

The next 30 minutes were spent apologizing to the audience for what he had done. Along with me, calling in from a different number, different voice, telling him my child saw it , "'lil' Jimmy Means" was now wiping stuff all over his sister, and how I should best proceed as a parent?

#1,145 ·
So this means Ivan's current flash will be useless for the new bike. That sucks.

"The only change to the Kawasaki Ninja 1000’s liquid-cooled, 1,043cc in-line four is new ECU settings for smoother power delivery and integration with Kawasaki Cornering Management Function."

#1,146 ·
With this 6 axis thing? Even if it were possible, this is headed down a more sketchy path than our guy wanting to switch springs?

One of the introductions said, " Similar to the zx10, but adapted, or set up for....something..."

Just thinking out loud, but..

This Imu needs to detect x angle, and y amount of grip....then it offers a solution, or does not get involved.

If we add sticky tires, more capable suspension, or more power, what happens?

Unless you could re-calibrate, I don't see it working.

We got by, on abs systems when we changed pads, or added powerful parts. The abs was looking for slip. It did not interfere until it saw that. If we had better tires, there was no traction issues. Maybe our better pads caused slip to happen, earlier, but no big deal.(Supposedly)

This new set up has to be almost predictive. If I'm in a turn, at x angle, I can have this much braking power, or engine power. If my tires are way better than the baseline, the system still jumps in, won't it? It's saying, " at x angle, and y speed, this is how much braking, or power this bike can have before it dials things in."

I'm guessing sticky tires will goof it up, not even considering more power. Maybe enough for a slip on, or full exhaust, but not 24hp like his first reflash offered.

If you started doing tires, and suspension,

#1,147 ·
Rock, they talk about "race ecu settings" and the 2015 r1 handling better, due to less abs interference, with the track ecu.

That's great, and probably no big deal there. Your talking about pretty serious settings, or parameters.

With the new ninja, look at its rear shock.

This systwem will be set up around a bunch of adequate parts, and offer adequate help. It's probably fine with a slip on and pr3's. Outside of that, I don't see it happening.

I don't know, obviously, but sometimes you run across things that are so obvious, they have to be. Unless it had a massive adjustment range, that's what we have here.

#1,148 ·
So not so much modding with this new machine. Until things get sorted out at least. I'm sure Ivan will figure something out eventually but it will take time and it won't come cheap.

Well it is supposed to be a touring bike so throwing Pirelli Scorpions on it probably isn't the thing to do anyway. Funny, I found my first one feel better with PR4s on it then it did the PP3s anyway. Also, if they supposedly spread the power out in the power band more completely like they claim it may not need the flash as bad. Slipper clutch and so on. Who knows, maybe a slip on will be all you need. For those who does use luggage and want more of a sport bike anyway, I wonder why not just get the ZX-10 at that point where you won't have to worry about increasing performance to superbike levels..

#1,149 ·
Zx10 is horrible for comfort. If you raise the bars, the fairing is in the way. Then, the pegs are bad if you get high bars. Sure it's possible, but unless a person is riding at 10/10 level, any advantage it has is quickly erased. For any speed you see on the street, there's no advantage. I very much considered a 10 or 11 model when I bought my ninja, but a test ride talked me out of it really fast

I love all the race stuff, but it's for racing as much as a dirt bike is for offroad..

Plus, you have to try a modern generation.....11, or newer, and the 16 is even worse. Super high gearing, but close ratio. If you gear it to leave stoplights, it's spinning 7000rpm, at 60. The suspension is very stiff...

You do that because the low end power is gone. Not like the 04-05. Once 200hp was needed, up top, low end and mid disappears. Bmw did a really good job to not let this happen, but the rest did not.

I think if you built a zx10, for the street, it would be just as compromised in the other direction.

I dislike that front 3 unless it's raining.

Bikes really are becoming like cars. The emissions standards will so be enforced, too. Maybe Trump slows this down, but now that euro 4 has the obd 1plug, emissions tests are very easy to do.

#1,150 ·
Maybe we found out something else trump is good at slowing down regulations on motorcycles, there is to many other vehicles out there they need to worry about besides motorcycles.

#1,151 ·
There are pics of his son riding dirt bikes, and he mentions his brother in the article. That has to be positive? And, he's on a Japanese Honda.

Http://www.dirtrider.com/donald-trump-jr

That 6 axis Imu This might be a stretch, but it is calibrated for the bike, and its intended use.

Wonder what happens , with a zx10, when you alter it's weight distribution by fitting higherror BARS? Maybe that's over, too?

#1,154 ·
Agree..I think we're fast approaching the place where our cars are at.

What can you do to a car, or truck? I'll dig through car info tomorrow. Ill see if its possible, or acceptable to change tire size on a 2016 camaro, or mustang. I fit requires reprogramming.

I dont think our stuff is motorcycle specific. Its too small of a market when its fitted to @10 new motorcycles.

Honda fireblade, ducati, r1 and r6, zx10, ninja 1000, gsxr 1000, ktm, bmw.

I think thats about it for this 6 axis unit. In fact, some use only five....ducati?

#1,155 ·
I found this on a ducati board. No permission to copy it, but its from someone who would know, and then some......Uh, it was not "JJ"

"The DTC system on the 899 (and the 1199, 1199S and 1199R for that matter) is hard-coded and pre-programmed for the Pirelli OEM tires and Pirelli SC2 race tires only. The system has no capability to be "programmed" for different tires. The only bikes Ducati makes that have the ability to be set up for different tires are the 1199RS factory race bike, and the upcoming 1199SL. Now that being said, it does not mean the system won't "work" with different tires, it totally depends on what level of precision you need for the type of riding you're doing. The farther you get away from the size (mainly the rolling circumference) of the OEM tires, both front and rear, the less precise the system's intervention will be."

#1,156 ·
No, that's far too intelligently written for it to be from JJ :)
But if you stay with a similar tire with the same specs its should be far off. It does show you however that we cannot screw around much with new bikes. I'm pretty sure though, I can throw any tire on my S1000R other then say maybe PRs.

#1,157 ·
Yours already comes with decent tires, so sure, anything you buy will be within the neighborhood.

If we decided to go out an buy tires for your bike, it would be impossible to buy a street legal tire that was 20% better than what you already have.

I dont believe thats true of what the ninja comes with. I'm sure a pp3 is at least 30% better than what the original tires will do.Especially if we used a 190/55.

I wonder if some of that explains why my rear abs, on the 14, comes on so early? The 190/55 is way better for handling, but maybe not so much with regards to abs? Hum..theres a warning in the manual....

#1,158 ·
Now that I think about it, I remember intervention only happening when I really nailed the brakes on my first Ninja. I didn't get the flash for months, and thus left the stock tires on until then, so I had so before and after contrast. The second Ninja i did everything right away. Maybe the 55 does have an effect. I don't think much though. Hard to say. However if these things are going to be so finely calibrated that the tire type can throw it off then swapping the 50 for a 55 might actually be dangerous.
It highlights my overall philosophy though: if you have to mod a bike significantly then maybe it's not the right bike for you.