Finally let my beloved honda cbr go today - Page 16 - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 1282Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #151 of 11096 Old 08-25-2016, 01:13 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcannon409 View Post
Rock, I'll explain it more tonight, but here's the short version.

Mental health therapy is expensive if you don't have insurance....even with.

Also, seeking help is shameful. Especially for a 50 year old dude. We should...we could....if we we stronger....

That's about it. The last year had had peaks, and valleys.

I tried to help, but it's tough when a person needs six months of help and insurance offers four days.
crap, I know but I thought the new roommate and the raise perked him up a bit. That injury really messed things up. sucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 11096 Old 08-25-2016, 01:14 PM

I kind of actually want a S1000.

But then again,
I want it as a second bike, to go "faster" than what I currently can on the Ninja. Perhaps it's the weight thing?

But then again,
I don't care to dump that kind of money out. I paid so much less for my N1K, and have so little payment on it, that I can use it for it's purpose, travel.
post #153 of 11096 Old 08-25-2016, 01:37 PM

Garage
I always think a light bike and a heavy bike are a great combo. An FJR1300 and an S1000R being a good example. I'm going to get the S1000R for trips believe it or not, just not long ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 11096 Old 08-25-2016, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
I always think a light bike and a heavy bike are a great combo. An FJR1300 and an S1000R being a good example. I'm going to get the S1000R for trips believe it or not, just not long ones.
Light/Heavy - that is kind of my thought process as well. The N1K does everything well, and no one thing "Excellent."

I've also kicked around the idea of a GSX750. Decent power, low weight, can be tossed around without the cumbersome feeling of the N1K.
post #155 of 11096 Old 08-25-2016, 01:48 PM

My local classified has my perfect bike. I will end up building one just like it.

He started with an 08 cbr 1000rr. He removed the fairing and added a decent looking light.

High bars, exhaust, rearsets....

For 4800, I should get it.

The 1000r is retry much the same, or fits the same need.

I wish we had an option of adding wind protection. In the old days, we added windjammers. A modern version of that.
MikSchultzy likes this.

Last edited by rcannon409; 08-25-2016 at 01:51 PM.
post #156 of 11096 Old 08-25-2016, 02:05 PM

Rock, in our bmw shop it looks like pricing is a yes/no. Is a Good deal possible?
post #157 of 11096 Old 08-25-2016, 02:25 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikSchultzy View Post
Light/Heavy - that is kind of my thought process as well. The N1K does everything well, and no one thing "Excellent."

I've also kicked around the idea of a GSX750. Decent power, low weight, can be tossed around without the cumbersome feeling of the N1K.
A light weight bike like that to toss around is a great idea and it's not too expense.

As to the everything well, what dawned on me is that a bike has to do one thing excellent if you're going to to happy with it, unless you have other bikes to go to for specific use.

Quote:
Rock, in our bmw shop it looks like pricing is a yes/no. Is a Good deal possible?
I, just for the heck of it, called another shop to see if I can do better. I told him of my current offer and he claims he can beat it. This was 6:00 last night so he's checking what he can get for my Ninja bore he commits to undercutting the other guy. I like the first dealer I dealt with better as they pick up and deliver your bike for repairs (or give you a loner), but if the difference is significant I will go with the other guy. I bought bikes form both of them in the past (the other guy is a Triumph/DUcati/BMW dealer).

The price less the incentives are a definite in both. The value of the Ninja is the question mark. IF it was a bmer I was trading in this would be done already.
post #158 of 11096 Old 08-25-2016, 02:57 PM

I don't see a used ninja as being worth much, right? If new is 7999.00, brand new, for a 14, my 12 can't be worth @ 4500?
post #159 of 11096 Old 08-25-2016, 02:58 PM

Quote:
A light weight bike like that to toss around is a great idea and it's not too expense.

As to the everything well, what dawned on me is that a bike has to do one thing excellent if you're going to to happy with it, unless you have other bikes to go to for specific use.
That is kind of what scares me about picking up a second bike. I fear that if I did, the N1K wouldn't see much action. If I went with a GSX 750 as mentioned, I would most likely take that one to the mountains all of the time. I would most likely commute on it as well. Leaving the N1K for longer trips only - which it does decent, but again, would be left wanting.

Quote:
The price less the incentives are a definite in both. The value of the Ninja is the question mark. IF it was a bmer I was trading in this would be done already.
That is what surprised me when I was shopping for my N1K. I checked with one dealer, and they were basically "That is what the price is." I called some others, and received much the same response. The price also went up nearly 2k from when I started looking to when I was money in hand ready to buy. So I went used, and bought a '14 with 1,396mi for $7,800. Screw the dealers.
post #160 of 11096 Old 08-25-2016, 03:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
I don't see a used ninja as being worth much, right? If new is 7999.00, brand new, for a 14, my 12 can't be worth @ 4500?
Yeah but RC, the 14 is two, almost 3 years leftover at this point. THe only issue is someone may rather finance an 8k "new" bike rather than cough up 4-5k in cash for a used one. That's where we get hurt by leftovers. This used to happen with Triumphs all the time. YOu would go to sell your speed triple for 8k, and there'd be a year newer leftover, untouched, for 10k. Easier for some to finance 10k then come up with 8k in cash so you loose out.
rcannon409 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page