Finally let my beloved honda cbr go today - Page 1136 - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 1390Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11351 of 11483 Old 02-11-2020, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

Rocky he knows RC will bite.

2012 N1000 spark bl and gray ABS
Tail tidy
Urban brawlers
V/h DB killers sitting on the shelf collecting dust
Givi rack and topcase
Puig smoked wind screen
oem gel seat set
Rascal grafiks tank pad
Grip puppies
SW Motech ninja 1000 quick connect gps mount with navi bag
2014 air filter and holey bottom plate
Go Cruise Throttle lock
Ivans ECU flash
Bridgestone S21's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11352 of 11483 Old 02-12-2020, 10:09 AM

Garage
I can imagine Ivan on a random Tuesday in the off season thinking... yeah RC still owns that Connie. Let's see what I can find, he'll try anything. He might even have nicknamed RC Mickey. LOL
MarkOne likes this.

6-25-2016, New 2015N1K, now w/43000 and updated regularly
Ivan's, Barringed up, Yoshi tail tidy, Akra header to a modified underbelly exhaust and Urban Brawlers, Profile bi lens LED projectors, white / amber switchback marker / blinker.
post #11353 of 11483 Old 02-12-2020, 10:00 PM

Garage
Yeah, as long as RC has the C14 the flashes will keep coming. I think Ivan pays for RCs insurance and maintenence jsut to jeep it going.
mr.sand likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11354 of 11483 Old 02-12-2020, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Ivan got hungry and he knows RC was a Quick fast buck. Dang trees are falling ahead of storm line because the ground is so saturated, looks like a long night without power.
mr.sand likes this.

Tail tidy
Urban brawlers
Givi rack and topcase
Puig smoked wind screen
oem gel seat set
Rascal grafiks tank pad
Grip puppies
Go Cruise Throttle lock
Ivans ECU flash
Bridgestone S21's
post #11355 of 11483 Old 02-12-2020, 10:06 PM

That bike started life like one of the dog turds on the front lawn. You know how you dont go out and look under the turd? Well, Ivan did, and found stacks of money under the turd.

The emissions back in 2008 were nothing like today. Despite that fact, Kawasaki had this bike so messed up it wasnt even funny. You know todays bikes are even more so. The bike was not nice to ride. Yes, it was pretty smooth, but the power was strange. You had to be at full throttle to know it. At one point, I considered custom throttle cables. What? Yes, I thought the cables stretched rather than opened the throttle bodies. It was hard to ride, at low speed. You had all the power, or none.

The flash started off at the amazing level, and just keeps getting better. Mostly, its been small tweaks . Ivan said this one was big....he explained what it was. One of the thousands of vacuum tables was off.....sounds good to me. I will ride it, somehow.
mr.sand likes this.
post #11356 of 11483 Old 02-13-2020, 07:45 PM

I would love to see this bike get tested, in this Ivanized form. The testers would be incredibly confused, and it would win bike of the year. I'm not even sire how to describe it.

I ran it, up to the new rev limiter. That limit is real now. The tach lags far behind. You are deep into the red zone before its active. I didnt really mean to, but the bike just kept pulling. If there was vibration before, that's all gone. It's as smooth as a car, anywhere from idle to redline. It makes me want a zx14. This flash gives a huge advantage over the h2sx series just because there isnt a flash that's someone with Ivan's software has done, nor will the flasher have put three years into perfecting it..

The newer c14 has an O2 sensor. So many think this thing is constantly tuning, and helping performance...lol. The instructions say, "Leave it in, take it out.... it doesnt matter..its been disabled. "
post #11357 of 11483 Old 02-13-2020, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

RC Ivan might have to dig up a few fossil bikes in the future to stay in business, I don’t think these newer bikes ecu’s is going to be mid friendly, they have to much stuff tied to them, but in the other hand you can get a new car pumping out 400-600 HP that’s emission approved. What the hell, oh wait Bernie will fix that when he gets elected, you want even need a vehicle the government will provide you with clean green electric bus power rides for free.

Tail tidy
Urban brawlers
Givi rack and topcase
Puig smoked wind screen
oem gel seat set
Rascal grafiks tank pad
Grip puppies
Go Cruise Throttle lock
Ivans ECU flash
Bridgestone S21's
post #11358 of 11483 Old 02-13-2020, 09:01 PM

Mark, I agree, but if word gets out on what makes a quality flash, who knows? He still sells a lot of jet kits for the carbed bikes.

Sure, the power is there. The c14 was heavily restricted, and making that go away gave it more power, but that's not the best part. I like the exact throttle control, and that really cant be done with emissions rules. This is an excellent bike , with good fueling and better heat management. It does not run nearly as hot as the stock bike. It's as linear as that electric bike I tried. I think Greta would like it.

I can do figure 8's in my driveway with the flashed 14. You would not even want to try that with a stock bike. You could, but it would be miserable and halfway scary.

I would love to try a ninja 400, 300 or such with perfect fueling.
post #11359 of 11483 Old 02-13-2020, 09:26 PM

I'll post a link to this article. If I mention what it says, you'll think I'm screwing around.

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/rac...s-laguna-seca/

Is my c14 a bagger? If so, I have a race to win.
post #11360 of 11483 Old 02-13-2020, 09:58 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcannon409 View Post
I think Greta would like it.
How dare you!?!?!
Your motorbike has stolen my choldhood!

I think Ivan has enough to keep him busy for a couple more years. Is is sort of retired. It sucks he's no longer around here. How dare he??!?!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page