Finally let my beloved honda cbr go today - Page 1133 - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 1364Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11321 of 11411 Old 02-07-2020, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

You got to love the doctored videos of Pelosi on Facebook, one makes her look drunk and one shows her ripping up speech while trump homered people, Facebook chooses not to remove it.
rcannon409 likes this.

2012 N1000 spark bl and gray ABS
Tail tidy
Urban brawlers
V/h DB killers sitting on the shelf collecting dust
Givi rack and topcase
Puig smoked wind screen
oem gel seat set
Rascal grafiks tank pad
Grip puppies
SW Motech ninja 1000 quick connect gps mount with navi bag
2014 air filter and holey bottom plate
Go Cruise Throttle lock
Ivans ECU flash
Bridgestone S21's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11322 of 11411 Old 02-07-2020, 08:16 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcannon409 View Post
I think Mitt hates Trump, so badly, he will do anything he can to fuck him over.

Regarding his faith comment, I very much take trump's side on this one. I'm not much for faith. I wish I was.

In saying that, I have trouble with Romney because what he believes cannot possibly be true. In fact, Southpark did an amazing job of telling the story of Joseph Smith and the beginnings of Mitts beliefs.

https://southpark.cc.com/clips/10425...h-smith-part-1
I saw that. It was hysterical. Mitts a douche. acting like a child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark59 View Post
Rocky recon Romney’s old ass could handle more than one lol

Yeah, true Markie. He probably likes boys anyway
post #11323 of 11411 Old 02-07-2020, 08:18 PM

I dont remember the exact timeline here, but a few facts....

1...My best friend sold high end equipment to the radio stations. More specifically, machines that did the 7 second delay.

2 I was receiving a tiny amount of money to call into a local talk radio show. I did several characters that people liked, or hated, but they listened. I often times pulled shit , on other stations, to bring them to the one I worked for.

3. Talk radio stations had zero need for this equipment when they had kind, nice listeners who never said bad words.

So, I think this was near the time when Janet Jackson flashed her tit, during the superbowl. At that point, these stations became very aware of the possible fines they might see if they let bad language go over the air.

With all that in mind, Mitt Romney is on a local talk station, and they are taking live calls. Hes well known, locally, for managing the Olympics.

I call in, using my old man voice. I waited forever, and finally I was on. This station had no delay. My friend had been trying to sell them one, but there was no need. The station he was on is still called KSL Radio. Its owned by the mormon church, so their talk was always VERY mild and family friendly.

I decided to do "Old Roy" Karl Malone loved him. Old Roy sounded dumb, but knew every stat there was about Karl...go figure he liked him, and they gave me pre printed material for those calls.

"OH, Mr. Romney...what an honor to talk to you. Thank you for your service to our country, and nation, for the way you handled the Olympic mess. Honestly, I dont think we have anyone better who can represent us, the people, on a national level.

Now they are all relaxed. Mitt knows he has a fan, and the host is not worried about what comes next.

"Its even more remarkable, sir, that you were able to spend half your day sucking your own cock."

It ruined the whole show. They spent the next 30 minutes telling everyone how sorry they were for the "filth and disgust"....it was awesome.

My friend ended up selling them the delay equipment, and he gave me 500.00 for my 3 minutes of work. I imagine Mitt still remembers that.
MarkOne likes this.

Last edited by rcannon409; 02-07-2020 at 08:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11324 of 11411 Old 02-07-2020, 11:17 PM

Garage
RC The world is probably a better place seeing I wasn't smart enough to think of that one. Holy smokes the fun I could have had if I knew.
rcannon409 likes this.

6-25-2016, New 2015N1K, now w/43000 and updated regularly
Ivan's, Barringed up, Yoshi tail tidy, Akra header to a modified underbelly exhaust and Urban Brawlers, Profile bi lens LED projectors, white / amber switchback marker / blinker.
post #11325 of 11411 Old 02-08-2020, 10:53 AM

Garage
If i had Mitt's skills I"d never leave the house.
rcannon409 likes this.
post #11326 of 11411 Old 02-08-2020, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

No bikers out today 3” snow covering the road and still hammering it down

2012 N1000 spark bl and gray ABS
Tail tidy
Urban brawlers
V/h DB killers sitting on the shelf collecting dust
Givi rack and topcase
Puig smoked wind screen
oem gel seat set
Rascal grafiks tank pad
Grip puppies
SW Motech ninja 1000 quick connect gps mount with navi bag
2014 air filter and holey bottom plate
Go Cruise Throttle lock
Ivans ECU flash
Bridgestone S21's
post #11327 of 11411 Old 02-08-2020, 12:28 PM

Two other things we did....

I announced Frank Sinatras death, six months before it happened. I had help on that one as I had two other friends call in and confirm that it was true.

A host, one competing station heard the news, and did a tribute show, for Frank. He we 45 minutes into it before he realized it wasnt true. This was all pre internet days. That one was fun.

The bad one was announcing Karl Malones death, on Jim Romes show. I said I drove by the accident scene, and it was clear that his head was chopped off..almost like OJ Simpson had been there. That one got big. It was during the basketball strike, so it was hard to prove. After that made local news, we calmed down some.

Jim Rome was pissed and for several days he would say, " Well, its from Salt Lake...it MUST be true....."
post #11328 of 11411 Old 02-08-2020, 12:29 PM

I announced Frank Sinatras death, six months before it happened. I had help on that one as I had two other friends call in and confirm that it was true.

A host, one competing station heard the news, and did a tribute show, for Frank. He we 45 minutes into it before he realized it wasnt true. This was all pre internet days. That one was fun.

The bad one was announcing Karl Malones death, on Jim Romes show. I said I drove by the accident scene, and it was clear that his head was chopped off..almost like OJ Simpson had been there. That one got big. It was during the basketball strike, so it was hard to prove. After that made local news, we calmed down some.

Jim Rome was pissed and for several days he would say, " Well, its from Salt Lake...it MUST be true....."

I also did a christmas tree drive. I said the station wanted old, dead trees for recycle and would pay 25.00 for each tree dropped off. They got 15 trees before they stopped it.
post #11329 of 11411 Old 02-08-2020, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcannon409 View Post

I also did a christmas tree drive. I said the station wanted old, dead trees for recycle and would pay 25.00 for each tree dropped off. They got 15 trees before they stopped it.
Damn RC, you were quite the prankster. You were lucky you did not get caught on some of those.

ATGATT

2013 BMW K1300S 30 YR Edition

Past bikes
1972 Honda XL100
1974 Suzuki TM250
1974 Honda Elsinore250cr
1984 Honda Sabre v45
1986 Honda Sabre v65
1990 Harley 1200 Sporty
2003 Yamaha Vmax
2009 KTM 450 XCF -stolen
2011 Ninja N1k
2007 Honda 250 Crf250X
post #11330 of 11411 Old 02-08-2020, 09:02 PM

Mark, we always wondered about that. For the most part, we did it on pay phones. But, we always wondered about getting caught. And so what? I dont know that there was much that could be done. I think the stations are responsible for what goes over the air.

Ivan has an update for my c14 ecu. I have to send it back. I cant even imagine what this is going to be. I dont think I'm going to add the header. The bike is damn near silent, and I love that. The good exhaust adds power everywhere, but its 1200. The delk header offers more high rpm power, but the bike does not need that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page