Finally let my beloved honda cbr go today - Page 1082 - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 1318Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #10811 of 11254 Old 10-26-2019, 04:47 PM

The lean angle thing is going to kill a lot of people. They think its a choice, or there might be several lean angle options for a turn. They dont realize its a thing that happens, not a goal.

My wife volunteered me for the breast cancer walk. They had me on "check in". I love that, because it really doesnt matter. The people show up, check in ( looks good to the boss) then leave.

They would give me their name..The young girls were the best to pull this on. " Mary Jones"......i would not even look at the list and say, "No, sorry. You are not on the list, and smile." Mary would say, "are you sure?" I say, " Well, I can look. Do you want me to look?" Then I say, "Jane Smith, right?". By now they are getting pissed, but its work, so what can you do? She then says..MARY...thats M...A..R...Y.

Now, it goes two ways. If shes really pissed, I. find the name. If not, i say, "Ok, so thats Mary, with a "J"........oh yes, there you are.

In no time at all, word gets around, and back to my wife. She walks over and says "What are you doing?......ME? "Nothing. Just being through. Someone has to make sure no un-authorized people are walking around this public, City owned park . I feel like its my duty. "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10812 of 11254 Old 10-26-2019, 06:01 PM

Garage
the reality is the goal should be to lean as least as possible. Maximize traction at a given speed in a given turn. Ultimately, the goal is to take the turn as fast as possible without blowing it. If you need something to tell you how far you have to lean at certain angles at a certain speed in a particular corner, you probably should not be taking that corner. The irony is you would need to know the angles (cornering lines/geometry) to even make that data meaningful. Doubt anyone is being as analytical with regards to lines.

RC I would walk for boobs too.
rcannon409 likes this.
post #10813 of 11254 Old 10-26-2019, 06:45 PM

Garage
I'll volunteer also. Hell between the two of us we can pull Mark in in little pink wagon.
rcannon409 likes this.

6-25-2016, New 2015N1K, now w/43000 and updated regularly
Ivan's, Barringed up, Yoshi tail tidy, Akra header to a modified underbelly exhaust and Urban Brawlers, Profile bi lens LED projectors, white / amber switchback marker / blinker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10814 of 11254 Old 10-26-2019, 11:18 PM Thread Starter

Avintage you might have to build a little kart that you can attach behind the bike and when you come back down this way you can give me a ride in it lol.

2012 N1000 spark bl and gray ABS
Tail tidy
Urban brawlers
V/h DB killers sitting on the shelf collecting dust
Givi rack and topcase
Puig smoked wind screen
oem gel seat set
Rascal grafiks tank pad
Grip puppies
SW Motech ninja 1000 quick connect gps mount with navi bag
2014 air filter and holey bottom plate
Go Cruise Throttle lock
Ivans ECU flash
Bridgestone S21's
post #10815 of 11254 Old 10-27-2019, 09:57 AM

Garage
I think Mark in pink wagon would be great. We can't tow it with the bikes as it's a walk, but ropes can be attached to it and he can be dragged liked a Queen... Wait, that didn't come out right!
rcannon409 likes this.
post #10816 of 11254 Old 10-27-2019, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Ha ha Rocky that was a good one

Tail tidy
Urban brawlers
Givi rack and topcase
Puig smoked wind screen
oem gel seat set
Rascal grafiks tank pad
Grip puppies
Go Cruise Throttle lock
Ivans ECU flash
Bridgestone S21's
post #10817 of 11254 Old 10-27-2019, 01:05 PM

You guys would not believe how many people kept waiting in line for t shirts. We had all sizes. I stopped one guy on his 4th try. No cool graphics, names, or anything redeeming about them.. Just a pink shirt with the event name. It was embarrassing.

I said, "You want another pink shirt? What the fuck for? Give me a good reason, and ill give you an entire case, but even the homeless freeze to death before wearing pink. The big boss is right here, and he doesn't want leftover shirts. So, what's up?

It reminded me of Marks knee, only Mark doesn't get a shirt or group who cares. Similar in that your shits fucked up, it might get better, or you might be fucked forever. I have fucking snow today...

Yesterday was awesome. Our favorite food truck...i think its called, " Up your ass fish" had their truck parked @ 30 miles out. All freeway.

I grabbed the c14 and unloaded the saddlebag. I left the liner, and threw in some towels. I got the dinners, wrapped them up, and was home in under 15 minues. Bags and liners are perfect for take out food.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15721919065488081624356038295272.jpg (184.1 KB, 4 views)
mr.sand likes this.
post #10818 of 11254 Old 10-27-2019, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Snow already RC riding season is coming to a close, it was 74 here yesterday along with 3” of rain this weekend, going to be 75 tommorrow before dropping down colder later in the week, I’m heading out for a fish fry this evening, catfish straight out of the pond and straight into the fryer. Good fall weather and good eating.

Tail tidy
Urban brawlers
Givi rack and topcase
Puig smoked wind screen
oem gel seat set
Rascal grafiks tank pad
Grip puppies
Go Cruise Throttle lock
Ivans ECU flash
Bridgestone S21's
post #10819 of 11254 Old 10-27-2019, 01:54 PM

You guys have no idea how amazing this fish is. Its way better than the normal favorites...cod, halibut and such. Flavor was very much in the lobster/crab area, more so than fish. These things would fuck you up if one ever grabbed a finger. We have them here, but cold water never lets them develop into something like these giant bastards.

I believe they caught them at lake Dequeen, in Arkansas? Mark, would that be correct? I know thats where they lived.

Impossible to ever buy here. These were caught on a Sunday morning and set on ice, driven here, and devoured.
post #10820 of 11254 Old 10-27-2019, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Oh shit RC most of the lakes in Arkansas is contaminated with pcb’s, I remember when I lived there you could pull off where you could get to the water and they was do not eat the fish this water is contaminated signs. that did not stop the old locals though, they would bring there buckets and keep what they caught. What was you eating anyway. They use to have this reastraunt that opened on the weekends and they served frog legs, man those things were good, big pile of fried frog legs and a bowl of field peas and rice, I eat there about every Saturday night.

Tail tidy
Urban brawlers
Givi rack and topcase
Puig smoked wind screen
oem gel seat set
Rascal grafiks tank pad
Grip puppies
Go Cruise Throttle lock
Ivans ECU flash
Bridgestone S21's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page