Ninja 400 - Page 3 - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 38 Old 12-04-2018, 12:37 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeV View Post
I hate that the ninja 400 has a better looking dash than I have on a 1000 that's just 2 years older....
Well, I guess you don't feel as bad as somebody on this board who just bought a Ninja 300...

Speed Thrills.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 38 Old 12-04-2018, 01:23 PM

I wonder if you can fit a KOSO Guage on the n1k
post #23 of 38 Old 12-04-2018, 02:07 PM

I have added the after market shift indicator and mounted it high near the oil reservoir so I can read it on a sunny day,,. After a couple of seasons on the N1K I find I'm using the dash info less and less, including the speedo,. So much torque that unless your really running on the edge a lot of the tach and gear position is not as important as it once seemed,,. The gear indicator for top gear is still a useful reference thou!!

The 650 has also been updated in recent years and for 20% more dollars you get 30% more power and significantly more in the way of brakes then the double front rotors!!

The only thing I would like to see on the N1K is the quick shifter thats appearing on so many bikes like the Versus,Tracer and the Supersport,. I think they farm these features out sparingly over the product cycle to entice the gear heads that always want the next thing!!

Lag 4
2016 N1K,,Gry/Blk
Ceramic Coated Header with Urban Brawlers
Latest edition of Ivans flash E6, BMC performance A/C
OEM Gel Seat & Cowl, Bikemaster Bar End Mirrors, Koso Apollo heated grips
HID's with Halos, LED running lights, Smoked turn signals with LED's
S21's with the 55 rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 38 Old 12-05-2018, 08:38 AM

Having ridden two bikes with QSs I can tell you that it is the next best thing. All bikes should have st least the upshift action like this. It makes any bike feel even faster than it is. It also eases the effort from the rider because it eliminates two hand actions. Instead of using three movements you only use one.
post #25 of 38 Old 12-05-2018, 03:14 PM

Quickshifters are nice, but part of riding a bike to me is having to roll off the throttle to shift and the nice feeling when you hit the RPM's perfectly. I already clutchless upshift so really it'd just be making it like a paddle shifter car.

2011 N1K Black/Green
Custom 3D Printed Designs Here!
Custom 3D Printed Discussion Here!
post #26 of 38 Old 12-05-2018, 10:47 PM

Love the Ninja 400, but could I withstand the temptation to call Jeremy Toye for some "advice"?

https://www.cyclenews.com/2018/10/ar...aki-ninja-400/
post #27 of 38 Old 12-05-2018, 11:18 PM

In buying the '18 Ninja 1000 I sold a '17 Tuono 1100 Factory. Probably the closest I'll ever get to owning a tactical nuclear weapon...so much power and so little occasion to wisely utilize it. Kind of frustrating and impractical, ya know? Probably just as well, with the Tuono's limited tactical radius might you might not escape the blast zone...that thing should come with drop tanks.

That bike also had the up and down Q/S, but oddly enough I don't miss that particular feature! In town it was much better to shift manually, and even when accelerating hard I tended towards manual upshifts- they just seemed a little smoother and less shocking to the drivetrain. The system did downshift rather nicely! But on a number of occasions I must've nudged the lever with my boot or something because it would do a spurious clutchless shift. Kind of unsettling! That's never happened to me on any other motorcycle.
post #28 of 38 Old 12-06-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickifumi View Post
Love the Ninja 400, but could I withstand the temptation to call Jeremy Toye for some "advice"?

https://www.cyclenews.com/2018/10/ar...aki-ninja-400/
Man that is so tough... I had that problem when I first bought my 300. "But it's only $100", "but it's only $75". I came from modding my full size truck where the price tag was $500+ for a single item. Before I knew it I had spent almost $1000 on my 300 and only ridden it maybe 500 miles.

I really liked the weight and size of the 300, but at times I would be wide open throttle and not going anywhere. With the 1000, I don't even come close. Next bike may be something in between like the 400 or a 600.
Rickifumi likes this.

2011 N1K Black/Green
Custom 3D Printed Designs Here!
Custom 3D Printed Discussion Here!
post #29 of 38 Old 12-11-2018, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
DeV

Garage
Guy somewhere local to me has a Ninja 400 with 600 miles on it for sale for 4k with a helmet and jacket...

I was tempted....
HoloQuest likes this.

2016 N1K - Spark Black, Metallic Gray

Taylor33 Reflective Rim Tape, Urban Brawlers, Gear Indicator, Shogun Frame Sliders, Passenger Grip, Two-Tone levers, Mo-Door Opener, Puig Dark Smoke Windscreen, anodized green bolts, Mini Spools, Sargent & Kawasaki Gel Seats, XKGlow LED kit w/smartbrake, optiMATE phone charger, 2-Way Alarm, XK Glow LED headlights, N1K & DeV Inner Rim Stickers, HVMP ex heavy bar ends, RAM mount X grip, Kawi seat bag, Ivan's Flash, BMC air filter, LED signals and relay
post #30 of 38 Old 12-11-2018, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeV View Post
Guy somewhere local to me has a Ninja 400 with 600 miles on it for sale for 4k with a helmet and jacket...

I was tempted....

I bought my 400 a couple month ago, and I love it. I think it is the perfect compliment to the Ninja 1000. It's similar in many ways, but so light and flick-able it is it's own beast. I think I made a great choice. It is frugal to run, regular gas at 60 MPG, cheap tires & maintenance. what's not to love. The build quality and fit and finish is really incredible for such an affordable ride. The brakes are strong, the handling is great, and it's a blast to ride. I'll take one any time...
Mark59 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page