It's winter and I am bored...not good... - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 12-14-2019, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

It's winter and I am bored...not good...

When I am bored I do dumb things (or smart things depending on how you look at it, lol). My 14 has almost 19K miles and I recently replaced the chain and sprockets, brakes, bmc air filter and Ivan's ecu. Noticed my shock was leaking ever so slightly so last night I installed an Ohlins KA110 shock (same adjustments as stock) sprung for my weight. One thing I love is how stinking easy this bike is to work on....shock change took less then 30 minutes using a trick I learned long ago. That is, I put the bike in gear and use a scissor jack from my car between the back tire and the tail and use that to put the rear in the perfect position to get the shock bolts out with ease and support the bike. Remove the nut from the lower shock bolt and adjust the jack to the position where you can slide the bolt out by hand. The top one will now do the same. Works like a charm.

Anyway, I don't race this bike but it should be much better then the stocker and I noticed the installed height was a bit longer so it should handle a bit better as well. Now I have to wait until spring to ride the damn thing. Grrrrrr
Ninja_1000 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 12-14-2019, 10:56 AM

That's a great idea on lifting the bike. Plus, I imagine we all have one of those Jack's if we dig through the car or truck.
Ninja_1000 and CRFan1 like this.
post #3 of 17 Old 12-14-2019, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcannon409 View Post
That's a great idea on lifting the bike. Plus, I imagine we all have one of those Jack's if we dig through the car or truck.
Yep...somebody showed me that once and I was like..that's brilliant! lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 12-14-2019, 07:33 PM

Garage
24F today. Took mine out for a 1 hour ride. It was great!

Great idea on lifting the bike though.
kenors and CRFan1 like this.

Scott in Omaha, NE
2015 Ninja 1000 - Metallic Sparkle Black and Copper
post #5 of 17 Old 12-15-2019, 03:28 AM

Speaking of doing things when you can't ride and are bored...I wiled away the hours reworking the schematic for the 2017-2019 Ninja. Scanned and put together the two pages from the service manual, then overlaid the black lines with the appropriate colors. I was just going to do it for the lighting, horn and auxiliary circuits since I was going to do some work in the area and ended up doing the whole schematic. A high resolution tablet size (11x17") jpg can be found at:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tijoh6dye1...Schem.jpg?dl=0
rcannon409, Chrispy and HoloQuest like this.

2018 Ninja w/bags, Motowerks lowered pegs, Sargent Seat, Puig/Vstream screen, Givi XS307 tank bag, WOLO BadBoy horn, Aerostitch Roadcrafter
post #6 of 17 Old 12-15-2019, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenors View Post
Speaking of doing things when you can't ride and are bored...I wiled away the hours reworking the schematic for the 2017-2019 Ninja. Scanned and put together the two pages from the service manual, then overlaid the black lines with the appropriate colors. I was just going to do it for the lighting, horn and auxiliary circuits since I was going to do some work in the area and ended up doing the whole schematic. A high resolution tablet size (11x17") jpg can be found at:

Damn! That brings a whole new level of boredom! Nice work!!
post #7 of 17 Old 12-15-2019, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdkoskey View Post
24F today. Took mine out for a 1 hour ride. It was great!

Great idea on lifting the bike though.
24.....and it was great....NOPE, lol. You must be a young buck, haha. The salt is more of an issue at this point and I love my bike too much, lol.
post #8 of 17 Old 12-15-2019, 02:21 PM

Schime

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenors View Post

You have a boatload of patience,,,,nice work
post #9 of 17 Old 12-16-2019, 07:56 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
24.....and it was great....NOPE, lol. You must be a young buck, haha. The salt is more of an issue at this point and I love my bike too much, lol.
I haven't been called a "young buck" in a long time! lol

I'm going on 53 in a couple months.
CRFan1 likes this.

Scott in Omaha, NE
2015 Ninja 1000 - Metallic Sparkle Black and Copper
post #10 of 17 Old 12-16-2019, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdkoskey View Post
I haven't been called a "young buck" in a long time! lol

I'm going on 53 in a couple months.
Ok...I am 55 so I will just say you are crazy, hahaha
sdkoskey likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page