Crush washer - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By rcannon409
  • 1 Post By rcannon409

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 11-30-2019, 03:55 AM Thread Starter

Crush washer

Anyone know the part number for the coolant drain plug crush washer? Will be doing a coolant change soon and would like to get a couple to keep around. Thanks

2015 Ninja 1000-Metallic Spark Black/Metallic Carbon Grey, Evotech Tidy Tail, Puig Windscreen (light smoke), Pirelli Angel GTs (190/55 rear), Sargent Seat, Kawasaki Hard Bags, Throttlemeister Throttle Lock Bar Ends
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-30-2019, 11:33 AM

I'm not even sure where the real drain is, on this bike. Ok, I just found it in his video. I use the lower hose, on the left side of the bike. If you loosen the clamp, you can work the hose off of the motor side. In this video, notice how the lowest hose is 2 inches (or so) lower than the drain bolt. Look just to the left of where hes working. It lower, so it should drop as much coolant , or more, than you can from the real drain.

Of course, the washer is listed in the oil pump section of the parts lock-up. Just where we expected it to be....?

Lag 4 and Ninja Raven like this.
post #3 of 7 Old 11-30-2019, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Thanks rcannon409. I was looking for it in the water pipe diagram. I was wondering if I'd been hitting the water pipe while I was looking for it there.

2015 Ninja 1000-Metallic Spark Black/Metallic Carbon Grey, Evotech Tidy Tail, Puig Windscreen (light smoke), Pirelli Angel GTs (190/55 rear), Sargent Seat, Kawasaki Hard Bags, Throttlemeister Throttle Lock Bar Ends

Last edited by Chowda; 11-30-2019 at 04:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 11-30-2019, 07:35 PM

It's the lower right hand bolt on the water pump housing....no need to remove a hose. I just flushed my coolant. I also reused the aluminum crush washer without incident.
post #5 of 7 Old 11-30-2019, 10:16 PM

I like the hose because its lower in the system. Also, of there are any chunks, or large particles, they flow out of the hose easier than the drain. Hopefully yours is early enough to not have an issue. I found several clamps that were loose. Not leaking , but not tight enough. Not a bad idea to check them as most are easy to access.

I love the diagram. Is there a better place to hide this bolt than in the oil diagram?
CRFan1 likes this.

Last edited by rcannon409; 11-30-2019 at 10:19 PM.
post #6 of 7 Old 12-02-2019, 09:38 PM

I re used the crush washer as well,,. Next time I think I will do it RC's way?

Lag 4
2016 N1K,,Gry/Blk
Ceramic Coated Header with Urban Brawlers
Latest edition of Ivans flash E6, BMC performance A/C
OEM Gel Seat & Cowl, Bikemaster Bar End Mirrors, Koso Apollo heated grips
HID's with Halos, LED running lights, Smoked turn signals with LED's
S21's with the 55 rear
post #7 of 7 Old 12-03-2019, 09:50 AM

I think I said, "lowest" hose and that's not correct. The gose I remove is the lower section of the one that connects to the radiator.

I've had mine off at least 5 times, since 2012, so its not stuck in place. You dont even need tools to remove it once the clamp is loose. I really dont think it matters much, on this specific bike, where you drain it from. Especially if you do this once per year. The coolant never gets old, so if some gets left behind, whatever.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page