Front wheel chock - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 Old 11-22-2019, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Which reasonably priced front wheel chock do you recommend for holding the bike upright in the garage? One that could be used for performing light maintenance like oil changes and also be temporarily bolted to a trailer floor for transporting the bike.

2015 Ninja 1000-Metallic Spark Black/Metallic Carbon Grey, Evotech Tidy Tail, Puig Windscreen (light smoke), Pirelli Angel GTs (190/55 rear), Sargent Seat, Kawasaki Hard Bags, Throttlemeister Throttle Lock Bar Ends
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 11-22-2019, 11:12 PM

post #3 of 35 Old 11-23-2019, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT80 View Post
Bite the bullet, spend the money and get the Baxley. Works well as a service stand. I can put mine in the bed of my truck and use it to transport motorcycles without attaching to the floor. Just butt it against the wall of the bed, ride the bike up the ramp into the chock and strap the passenger peg brackets to the forward hooks on the bed rail and it's secure.

A friend accidentally ran over mine with a trailer and it still works fine.

2013 Ninja 1000.....Osram Nightbreakers, Pazzo levers, Vesrah pads, Puig screen, R&G frame sliders / case covers / axle protector, Sargent seat, PC5 with Ivans fuel map and ECU reflash, Akrapovic full exhaust, forks and shock rebuilt by Traxxion Dynamics.

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 Old 11-23-2019, 09:30 AM

The guys recommended the Baxley to me, and im glad i followed their advise.

I didnt think i would use it often, but its become "the" way to park the bike. Its as secure as the sidestand, and maybe even better.

I would be worried about the Baxley chock hurting the trailer, Johnny. Its that well made. No assembly required. Unbox it and use it.

If your even thinking about transport, for sure spend the extra for it. I bought my sport model on amazon. They offered -70.00 if you used your new amazon card that you apply for.... I did that, paid the card, then canceled. Total cost was 175.00, or so.

Last edited by rcannon409; 11-23-2019 at 09:34 AM.
post #5 of 35 Old 11-23-2019, 09:46 AM

Garage
So if you have this, you don't need a side stand at all? And can you get this locked by a single person riding the bike with no external help?

Ride hard, ride safe.

2018 Ninja 1000
R&G Frame Sliders
R&G Engine/Clutch Cover
K&N Air filter
De-cat and Y link Pipe
SP Engineering Demon Slip-ons
Rear grab rail delete
post #6 of 35 Old 11-23-2019, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

Baxley it shall be.

2015 Ninja 1000-Metallic Spark Black/Metallic Carbon Grey, Evotech Tidy Tail, Puig Windscreen (light smoke), Pirelli Angel GTs (190/55 rear), Sargent Seat, Kawasaki Hard Bags, Throttlemeister Throttle Lock Bar Ends
post #7 of 35 Old 11-23-2019, 05:45 PM

[QUOTE=agurudev;380850]So if you have this, you don't need a side stand at all? And can you get this locked by a single person riding the bike with no external help?[/QUOTE

I worried about this, too. You roll your bike in, and thats it. You could ride it in, too, but theres no need. I havent used my sidestand, in the garage, since i bought it. I used my rear stand, often. Now the bike goes into the chock, then the rear stand gets used. Its simple to do, and very mistake proof.

Machined pieces of metal grab and pinch your tire at the perfect moment, so the bike stays straight up. Somehow, the metal stays way away from the rim. Its like a clam shell closing. Even if you are at an angle, the stand straightens out the bike. Everything has to be just right for this to work.

Im sure others have it figured out, too, but Baxley has it perfected. Baxley also has an adjustment where it rolls in further if you used it on a trailer. I have not needed that, yet. Once its in, i dont think someone could knock it over without taking the stand with it.

Its this. They say you use the lock if you are in an earthquake zone.
You can see the guy apply that with his foot.
agurudev and mr.sand like this.

Last edited by rcannon409; 11-23-2019 at 05:53 PM.
post #8 of 35 Old 11-24-2019, 10:55 AM

If i had a shop, i would have a few of the Baxley chocks bolted to the concrete. When the riders rode into the shop, they would be able to demo the chock.

At that point, I doubt I. would be able to stock enough chocks to supply the demand.

I saved 70 or 80 dollars, ordering from Amazon. There was a big, instant rebate if you signed up for an Amazon Card. I did that, bought the chock, and canceled the card.
post #9 of 35 Old 11-24-2019, 11:55 AM

Here's the chinese knock off version sold here in Canada. Works well and are a bargain, especially when they go on sale.....

https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...ck/A-p8674285e

agurudev and mr.sand like this.
post #10 of 35 Old 11-24-2019, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agurudev View Post
So if you have this, you don't need a side stand at all? And can you get this locked by a single person riding the bike with no external help?

Yes.
I have one from the Grand PitStop.. Similar to the baxley but uses box-section tubing instead of pipes...
agurudev likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page