R&G rear axle sliders - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 10-17-2019, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Anyone use the R&G rear axle sliders as rear stand spools on the N1k? Wondering if they'd work with a Pitbull rear stand. I have Pitbull mini spools installed but seems like the rear axle sliders would be easier to use and less likely to scratch up the swingarm.

2015 Ninja 1000-Metallic Spark Black/Metallic Carbon Grey, Evotech Tidy Tail, Puig Windscreen (light smoke), Pirelli Angel GTs (190/55 rear), Sargent Seat, Kawasaki Hard Bags, Throttlemeister Throttle Lock Bar Ends

Last edited by Chowda; 10-17-2019 at 08:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-18-2019, 05:45 AM

Garage
I have the sliders on my bike but my cheap harbor freight stand isn't wide enough. The stand only fits the rear spools on it's widest setting. Really want a pit bull when I find one at a good price.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-18-2019, 08:52 AM

I had them on two of my N1K's. They were much better than using the spool mounts on the swingarm. No scratching. As for fitting a rear stand, no problem either. Cheaper stands are aluminum and you can flex/bend them outward no problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-18-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldaddygroove View Post
I had them on two of my N1K's. They were much better than using the spool mounts on the swingarm. No scratching. As for fitting a rear stand, no problem either. Cheaper stands are aluminum and you can flex/bend them outward no problem.

What he said. I turned the OD of mine down a bit so they would sit down totally flat against the eccentric as opposed to sitting up on the swingarm weld a tiny bit. I also made little brackets that take the place of the spools and use them as tie down points.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page