T-Rex Racing Spool Adapters - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 05-31-2019, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

T-Rex Racing Spool Adapters

https://www.t-rex-racing.com/2010-20...n55-11ffsa.htm

Anybody have these on their N1k's?

I'm having a really tough time finding the right spools to use on the N1k that works with my pitbull spool stand that does NOT make contact with my swing arm yet still keep the spools from hitting the OEM mufflers.

I'm currently using the Pitbull L-brackets and they work ok but not as quick and secure as real spools.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 05-31-2019, 03:29 PM

I don't have those but there are small spools that work fine with the stock mufflers. Does your stand not adjust to fit those? I just have the Harbor Freight cheapie stand and it works fine with the small spools. Just gotta be careful not to scrape the swingarm when using it.

2014 Ninja w/bags, Motowerks lowered pegs, Seth Lamm Seat, Puig screen, Givi XS307 tank bag, WOLO BadBoy horn, LEDPerf H7C HID lights, Aerostitch Roadcrafter
post #3 of 25 Old 05-31-2019, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

The Pitbull spool arms have very long "ears" so they extend quite a bit taller from the spool. These taller "ears" make slight contact on the swing arm with the spools I was using. These small ones I got from Cycle Gear.

My used 2012's swing arm came with some small, unknown brand spools installed by the previous owner. But the 2012's right swing arm is all scratched and the left has a few scratches, which tells me the PO also had issues with spool arms hitting the swing arm.

It's very difficult to find small spools that will work without trial and error $$$.

Kenors, do you have a picture of your bike on that spool stand? And do you know which spools you used?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 06-01-2019, 09:09 PM

I use the T-Rex racing lift front and rear and their small spools........they work fine on my 2014, but I can scrape the swingarm if I am careless.
post #5 of 25 Old 06-01-2019, 11:41 PM

Here ya go. I don't remember the spools. They're pretty generic and black painted aluminum. I had them on my 2011 and transferred them to my '14 so it was a while ago I got them. They work fine with the stock exhaust and have a 1/2" spacer behind them (came with the spools) that puts them away from the swingarm a bit. One pic you can see where I scratched the swingarm.
The forks of the lift look a bit ratty. After I scratched the swingarm I plastidipped the forks and it didn't really last very well. I've since learned to be careful and had no issues.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D71_8230.JPG (285.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg D71_8228.JPG (231.5 KB, 24 views)

2014 Ninja w/bags, Motowerks lowered pegs, Seth Lamm Seat, Puig screen, Givi XS307 tank bag, WOLO BadBoy horn, LEDPerf H7C HID lights, Aerostitch Roadcrafter
post #6 of 25 Old 06-03-2019, 07:44 PM

Kind of off topic, but I just got some woodcraft 8mm spools for my bike and they seem REALLY tight to thread on. Is 8mm correct for the 2016? I'm afraid that if they aren't I might really ruin the threads in the swingarm by forcing it, but my research so far has said 8mm is the right size.
post #7 of 25 Old 06-05-2019, 06:24 PM

I can't remember the make of spoils I put on my '13 N1k, but I wasn't aware o the muffler impact issue until I nearly had it fall off my paddock stand as the weld had actually failed due to impact with the muffler. I eventually got the swingarm replaced under warranty as nowhere did it say remove spoils before riding - stupid idea. The way I got round it in the end was to replace the stock mufflers; not the cheapest option, but it works and looks a lot better!
post #8 of 25 Old 06-05-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcullum1995 View Post
Kind of off topic, but I just got some woodcraft 8mm spools for my bike and they seem REALLY tight to thread on. Is 8mm correct for the 2016? I'm afraid that if they aren't I might really ruin the threads in the swingarm by forcing it, but my research so far has said 8mm is the right size.
You left out the part where the mechanic used "imperial screws" as a make do when changing a tire. Picture a spool, on each side, with incorrect threads that don't match up. At this point, you put the pressure on it from the ass end of a 500 lb motorcycle and wonder how/if there might be thread damage?
post #9 of 25 Old 06-05-2019, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Thank you Kenors. Yeah I already have a small scratch on my 2018 swing arm when I used my Pitbull spool arms. Learned the hard way for sure. After that incident I've since only used the L-shaped bracket.
post #10 of 25 Old 06-06-2019, 10:21 AM

I bought these: https://www.amazon.com/Keiti-Additio.../dp/B0036G3JAS

Keiti mini spools. Very small and compact.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page