17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 Old 05-14-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcullum1995 View Post
Tell me more about these blinker genies! Sounds awesome
Here you go:
https://www.customled.com/products/b...SABEgL8OfD_BwE
You do have to splice them into the wiring harness so a bit of know-how is needed but the added visibility is great.

Also, you'll need to replace the turn signal relay with a solid state one (~$8) so you don't get the fast blink phenomenon. You'll need to do that anyway if you replace the bulbs with LEDs.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Blnker-Genie-Diagram_large.gif (8.0 KB, 7 views)

2014 Ninja w/bags, Motowerks lowered pegs, Seth Lamm Seat, Puig screen, Givi XS307 tank bag, WOLO BadBoy horn, LEDPerf H7C HID lights, Aerostitch Roadcrafter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 Old 05-14-2019, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
DeV

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lag 4 View Post
TPMS,,,,,,,around 50 dollars, handy set up and works great,,.
you have a link or brand suggestion? I've looked in to this in the past and heard mixed results on them, mostly negative...only reason I didn't get them

2016 N1K - Spark Black, Metallic Gray

Taylor33 Reflective Rim Tape, Urban Brawlers, Gear Indicator, Shogun Frame Sliders, Passenger Grip, Two-Tone levers, Mo-Door Opener, Puig Dark Smoke Windscreen, anodized green bolts, Mini Spools, Sargent & Kawasaki Gel Seats, XKGlow LED kit w/smartbrake, optiMATE phone charger, 2-Way Alarm, XK Glow LED headlights, N1K & DeV Inner Rim Stickers, HVMP ex heavy bar ends, RAM mount X grip, Kawi seat bag, Ivan's Flash, BMC air filter, LED signals and relay
post #13 of 24 Old 05-14-2019, 02:19 PM

I would not use tpms sensors that tighten on to Schrader valve stems. These have been around for almost 200 years, and it's a foolproof system...as long as the core is in good shape.. The sensors we have, on cars, are built around this schrader valve design, and that's no problem. As the tire spins faster, it tends to force the valve stem to closed. Lots of things positive.

If you screw something onto a normal valve, it senses pressure by depressing the valve core. Almost like screwing on a tire gauge. It has a much larger chance of leaking. The threads on the valve stem become the sealing surface. These were meant to hold a rubber cap...not to hold back 40psi of air pressure.

It's not a horrible or dramatic thing, but it's never a good idea to take something that's "foolproof" and screw a piece of chinese made plastic to it.

The leaking risk is probably worth it on a boat, or trailer. On a motorcycle, you will feel a low tire and if your not checking your tires condition and pressure, on a regular basis, a number display is not going to help you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 Old 05-14-2019, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenors View Post
6 neoprene washers under the front tank bracket for happier balls: $3 Less seat forward slope, less tank vibration transfers to seat.
Details on this? Is there a thread somewhere that goes through the install? (I'm not entirely clean on which bracket you are talking about installing washers on, but cutting down on vibes always sounds good to me).
rcannon409 likes this.

When life throws you a curve, try to get a knee down.
post #15 of 24 Old 05-14-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeV View Post
I've been interested in checking out the crampbuster before....then one of my buddies started ragging on me...lol

You like it though? does it stay on 24/7 or just slip on for longer rides?
One stays on all my bikes all the time. I need to slab it an hour to/from the good roads.
post #16 of 24 Old 05-14-2019, 06:52 PM

I dont know how to count this...its either 250.00 for anew Sargent seat, or some where around 50 for a cover.

This 50.00 mod has ended up costing me abotu 1000.00 to figure out. Oh if I have to stay cheap a set of Vesrah brake pads make the rear brake useable and they are under 430.00.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vesrah-Rear...ss!84081!US!-1 But back to the seat....

Iv'e owned a kawasaki gel, sargent, Corbin, and stock seat. All of them sucked. This winter I decided to order a sargent (yes, a 2nd sargent) and planned to modify it. It has the best base to work with assuming someone wants to modify. All those mentioned seats had slippery covers too....hum...???.

When I ordered the seat it had the usual dropdown options. This time I chose "non welted, top stitch and their dtx fabric. The dtx fabric is a grip like material. Almost like 120 grit sandpaper. The seat is amazing. Very comfortable and it wont need mods. I know this cant possibly make a difference..the grip cover, but it does.

Motorcycle seat covers are easy too install. I seriously believe I could have fixed my stock seat had I added this dtx cover. Yes its still angled, but when you dont slip it really does not matter. In fact it actually sort-of works.

Shit, I see that seat covers are almost 100.00. Just cover half your seat and that will keep us under devs 50.00 limit?
trialsguy and DeV like this.
post #17 of 24 Old 05-15-2019, 01:18 AM

The one I bought is a knock off from amazon, ill have a look if your interested however Im not selling anything,,!!

Ive had this setup on the original Valve stems for two full seasons and its worked flawlessly, deadly accurate and has never leaked an ounce of air,,. Its completely wireless and the main unit needs charging every two or three months,,. Its been sitting on the bike all winter and as soon as you touch the bike it wakes up and give an accurate read out even after months of storage,,.

Saved me once on a rear puncture,,. Heard a little pop, watched the pressure start to drop and within seconds after about three lbs loss there is an audible sound and it turns red flashing,,. The audible isn't enough to hear however the visual warning is more then obvious,. I have an OEM system on my BMW and I prefer this set to the factory install,,. The great thing about it is you have constant monitoring and no need to crawl around trying to get air and pressure gauges under those rotors,,.

Quote:
you have a link or brand suggestion? I've looked in to this in the past and heard mixed results on them, mostly negative...only reason I didn't get them
Quote:

Lag 4
2016 N1K,,Gry/Blk
Ceramic Coated Header with Urban Brawlers
Latest edition of Ivans flash E6, BMC performance A/C
OEM Gel Seat & Cowl, Bikemaster Bar End Mirrors, Koso Apollo heated grips
HID's with Halos, LED running lights, Smoked turn signals with LED's
S21's with the 55 rear
post #18 of 24 Old 05-15-2019, 09:41 AM

Lag I offered the downside to the system you have. Thats really easy to do, but do they even make something like i'm talking about? Something self contained. To do that I imagine it would have to be installed inside the rim. ....just like our cars. Id mention the concours 14 but its system sucks donkey balls. Once its batteries wear out the tech wont even get out of his chair, for 50.00, and its sensors are 300.00 each plus programming. I can pay for my funeral for that.
Something like this. This would solve the problem i talked about. Damn im even under the 50.00 limit. A little harder to install, but you could wait until you buy new tires to do this.

https://www.amazon.com/genekun-Motor...motive&sr=1-20
post #19 of 24 Old 05-15-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampedingTurtles View Post
Details on this? Is there a thread somewhere that goes through the install? (I'm not entirely clean on which bracket you are talking about installing washers on, but cutting down on vibes always sounds good to me).
Check out the thread:
https://www.kawasakininja1000.com/fo...eat-slant.html
Pretty self explanatory. The two bolts that hold the rear of the tank down and the front of the seat get raised up on washers. The first pics show metal washers but I used neoprene washers on the theory it would damp or isolate a bit of vibration. Cheap easy experiment.
maddaveman likes this.

2014 Ninja w/bags, Motowerks lowered pegs, Seth Lamm Seat, Puig screen, Givi XS307 tank bag, WOLO BadBoy horn, LEDPerf H7C HID lights, Aerostitch Roadcrafter
post #20 of 24 Old 05-17-2019, 02:58 PM

Quality earplugs. The kind that attenuate sound evenly with a filter instead of just being a simple piece of foam or rubber. Combined with a quiet helmet, it makes for such a nice experience on the road. I can hear my bluetooth unit clearly, but there’s no oppressive wind noise.
rcannon409 and trialsguy like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page