Steering damper - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 04-13-2019, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Steering damper

Hi! I want to install a steering damper on my 17 ninja but I can’t find anything for it. Any suggestions!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 04-13-2019, 04:05 PM

Garage
I have a GPR on my 2018 which is the same bike.

https://www.gprstabilizer.com/

2018 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - Akrapovič Racing Line Full Exhaust; BMC Air Filter; Corbin Saddle; CRG LS 2.2 Mirrors; Driven Grips; Driven PAIR Block Off Plates; Dunlop Q3+ Tires (190/55 rear); GPR V4S Steering Stabilizer; Kawasaki Frame Sliders; Mirror Block Offs; Moto Dynamic Fender Eliminator; Moto Dynamic Integrated Taillight; MRA Racing Double Bubble Screen; ProGrip Tank Pad; R&G Racing Engine Covers; Speedy Moto Tall Boy 50mm Clip Ons; Woolich ECU Tuning With Race Tools And Quickshifter.
post #3 of 20 Old 04-13-2019, 04:36 PM

By all means get one. I have a custom made bracket, for a Scotts, and mines been on a long time. I dont believe the bracket I have is available anymore. It was expensive, and a huge pain in the add to obtain. Still, it was worth the effort. People think its just for headshake and thats only about 25% correct. Although it does deal with that, its valuable for everything else.

The aftermarket dampers have a huge range of adjustment. Not lime the stock dampers most get to deal with. You have settings that are basically nothing, all the way up to "VERY hard to turn bars." If you get on a freeway with a high setting its a product that will sell itself in about 10 seconds. You can make this light sportbike track like a GoldWing. Rough and abraded surfaces now feel like brand new pavement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 04-14-2019, 06:46 AM

The GPRV4 was my first mod.

100% recommend getting one.
tyrmeltr likes this.
post #5 of 20 Old 04-14-2019, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Is the z1000 dampers fits on ninja?
post #6 of 20 Old 04-14-2019, 12:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisams View Post
Is the z1000 dampers fits on ninja?
From what I've seen no as the Z has traditional type handle bars. Never heard of anyone trying though... so anything is possible.

6-25-2016, New 2015N1K, now w/43000 and updated regularly
Ivan's, Barringed up, Yoshi tail tidy, Akra header to a modified underbelly exhaust and Urban Brawlers, Profile bi lens LED projectors, white / amber switchback marker / blinker.
post #7 of 20 Old 04-18-2019, 12:59 AM

I have the HyperPro RSC progressive damper with a Dimotiv mounting kit. Beautifully machined, awesome on the road. The confidence you get while riding aggressively and over bad road conditions (as RC mentioned) makes this mod an absolute must-have. I have a Ď16 bike but there is no difference with later model Ninjas around the bars area. The damper and kit will fit on any Ninja 1000.

2016 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
G&G Moto2 exhaust cans + Akrapovic exhaust header
Rapid Bike Evo fuel controller + YouTune
BMC filter
Traxxion Dynamics front forks kit + Penske shock
Hyperpro RSC Steering Damper
Rotobox Carbon Fibre 300ST Wheels
Brembo 19RCS Corsa Corta master cylinder
HEL steel brake lines
Vesrah ZZ brake pads
Rizoma tail tidy
Baja S2 Pro auxiliary lights
Kawasaki OEM Gel Seat
HVMP bar-end weights
Shogun frame sliders
Evotech Radiator Guard
post #8 of 20 Old 04-18-2019, 12:19 PM

I'm gonna be "that" guy on this one....I've had other bikes that needed a damper but the N1K doesn't really need it (especially if you upgrade the suspension in any way). And I'm glad as for years of riding with a damper before I got my N1K, I'm very appreciative of the fact my the steering is very easy.

Now an electronic damper that could detect bad roads and potholes, that would be interesting........ LOL
post #9 of 20 Old 04-18-2019, 01:48 PM

I will be "that" guy and tell you that you do not ride your bike very hard if you think the bike does not need one.
tyrmeltr likes this.
post #10 of 20 Old 04-18-2019, 03:47 PM

Garage
When I ran a 200 55 like @proto2o does I will say the bike did display more of a feeling it might start to head shake. Can't think of once though with properly inflated tires when running a 190 55 that I've felt it want to, not even North of 160.

6-25-2016, New 2015N1K, now w/43000 and updated regularly
Ivan's, Barringed up, Yoshi tail tidy, Akra header to a modified underbelly exhaust and Urban Brawlers, Profile bi lens LED projectors, white / amber switchback marker / blinker.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page