JT sprockets for Oem replacements - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 55 Old 11-01-2018, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

JT sprockets for Oem replacements

Where can you buy JT sprockets, Please help? I've e-mailed JT twice?

I'm planning on replacing chain and sprockets on the 2016 N1K this off season and am having the usual trouble locating parts, for the N1K,. Just went through a song and dance with Revzilla on the rear Vortex sprocket as they kept telling me it wouldn't fit my bike when they actually do sell the correct one as per the manufacturer, they have now updated there site info,.

Replacement fronts are available however I've been advised that the OEM has a rubber dampened version and I tracked down the correct JT OEM replacement JTF1597RB, problem is I cant find anyone that will sell it to me,,. The local guys in the Vancouver area want 59.95 for the Kawi OEM 15T front and say the JT is not available,,. Amazon has a dampened JT16T for a ZX10 for $22.00?

Lag 4
2016 N1K,,Gry/Blk
Ceramic Coated Header with Urban Brawlers
Latest edition of Ivans flash E6, BMC performance A/C
OEM Gel Seat & Cowl, Bikemaster Bar End Mirrors, Koso Apollo heated grips
HID's with Halos, LED running lights, Smoked turn signals with LED's
S21's with the 55 rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 Old 11-01-2018, 04:42 PM

Garage
Sprocket Center has what you're looking for (JT Sprockets (#JTF1537) 525 Pitch Chromoly-Steel Front Sprocket - KAWASAKI) for $26 . However, they charge $45 shipping to Canada, and that doesn't cover taxes or customs duties/fees.
post #3 of 55 Old 11-01-2018, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

Thanks FeralRdr ,,,,,,,,,,,,your a better shopper then I,,. I was off line for three weeks and I sure missed this site, its an invaluable source of information,,!!

That might work, I can ship to the boarder pickup for 33.00 USD and I refuse to pay 59.95 even if it is CAD and locally available,. Plus I need chain and rear sprocket so will see,,.

Got me thinking that part of my problem might be the number I had was out on one digit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralRdr View Post
Sprocket Center has what you're looking for (JT Sprockets (#JTF1537) 525 Pitch Chromoly-Steel Front Sprocket - KAWASAKI) for $26 . However, they charge $45 shipping to Canada, and that doesn't cover taxes or customs duties/fees.

Lag 4
2016 N1K,,Gry/Blk
S21's with the 55 rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 55 Old 11-01-2018, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Anyone know if the JT is a better alternative to Kawasaki OEM,,,.

Lag 4
2016 N1K,,Gry/Blk
S21's with the 55 rear
post #5 of 55 Old 11-01-2018, 09:25 PM

I'm not a fan of of jt. sprockets. You can look at their rear sprockets and see they are low quality. Don't worry about cost on something that can last 30-50,000 miles. Think quality.

The truth is, there are not THAT many spline patterns for sprockets. The sprocket from my yz250 dirt bike would go on my ninja 1000. It uses a size 520 chain, but the spline part ismidentical.The spline pattern is the same.

JT knows this, so if you order a #525 series sprocket, with 15 teeth, that's what you get. Rarely bike specific at all. Often times they are too narrow. They wobble, or end up in bad alignment.

Spend the extra 20.00-30.00 and get an one sprocket, OR be prepared to make up shims and washers to line up the cheap one.

Sunstar, afam....I dont know if they have the front sprocket, but they are way better quality. Sprocket center has good brands, too.

Still, the oem front takes the guesswork out of it. If you put on a front sprocket, and it's not aligned correctly, it tears up your new chain, and that thrashed your new rear, and you move back to square 1.
Mark59 and Lag 4 like this.
post #6 of 55 Old 11-01-2018, 09:48 PM

The OEM sprockets are the most durable IMHO. If you wanna try aftermarket, I've used supersprox before and it was decent in terms of durability.
Lag 4 likes this.
post #7 of 55 Old 11-01-2018, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

Ok guys, makes a lot of sense on the OEM recommendation,,. Somehow I was under the impression that the JT was a step up but from what your saying that may not be the case,,. Next question, is there a preferred US supplier of the OEM parts internet based with reasonable shipping,,.

Combination would be all 525
Front OEM
Rear Vortex steal
Chain EK,,. Perhaps a EK3D

Lag 4
2016 N1K,,Gry/Blk
S21's with the 55 rear
post #8 of 55 Old 11-01-2018, 11:27 PM

Garage
Just chiming in to say that once I wear out my OEM chain and sprockets I always run Driven Racing steel sprockets and top of the line EK chains sold through Driven. I have known the owner for almost 30 years he sponsored me back when I raced and he owned a local motorcycle shop.

On top of that for the past 11 years on 3 different literbikes, the last a 2015 R1 making like 50 more hp than my Ninja, run only 520 chain and sprockets. So much doom and gloom from people regarding this but the best 520 chains have equal or higher tensile strength than any OEM 525 or 530. Rolls so nice even just pushing the bike around in a garage. With proper care I typically get at least 25k miles out of a chain, and I always change both sprockets when I do. That is satisfactory wear for me.
Lag 4 likes this.

2018 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - Akrapovič Racing Line Full Exhaust; BMC Air Filter; Corbin Saddle; CRG LS 2.2 Mirrors; Driven Grips; Driven PAIR Block Off Plates; Dunlop Q3+ Tires (190/55 rear); GPR V4S Steering Stabilizer; Kawasaki Frame Sliders; Mirror Block Offs; Moto Dynamic Fender Eliminator; Moto Dynamic Integrated Taillight; MRA Racing Double Bubble Screen; ProGrip Tank Pad; R&G Racing Engine Covers; Speedy Moto Tall Boy 50mm Clip Ons; Woolich ECU Tuning With Race Tools And Quickshifter.
post #9 of 55 Old 11-01-2018, 11:29 PM

Garage
For OEM parts I am a huge fan of Partshark. Great prices great service in my experience. There are other good outlets as well like Ron Ayers, their prices tend to be similar and generally WAY less than going to a local dealer.
Lag 4 likes this.

2018 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - Akrapovič Racing Line Full Exhaust; BMC Air Filter; Corbin Saddle; CRG LS 2.2 Mirrors; Driven Grips; Driven PAIR Block Off Plates; Dunlop Q3+ Tires (190/55 rear); GPR V4S Steering Stabilizer; Kawasaki Frame Sliders; Mirror Block Offs; Moto Dynamic Fender Eliminator; Moto Dynamic Integrated Taillight; MRA Racing Double Bubble Screen; ProGrip Tank Pad; R&G Racing Engine Covers; Speedy Moto Tall Boy 50mm Clip Ons; Woolich ECU Tuning With Race Tools And Quickshifter.
post #10 of 55 Old 11-02-2018, 02:44 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for your feedback Tymeltr,,,,,,,,,. There's a fair amount of cometary on the 520 conversion, and the strength of the higher end component's,.
Given your experience would you go with a 520 conversion on the N1K or stick with the 525,,. I was thinking the 525 would outlast however the 520 can be slightly less expensive, as well as the weight savings,,. What are you running in the Ninja?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrmeltr View Post
Just chiming in to say that once I wear out my OEM chain and sprockets I always run Driven Racing steel sprockets and top of the line EK chains sold through Driven. I have known the owner for almost 30 years he sponsored me back when I raced and he owned a local motorcycle shop.

On top of that for the past 11 years on 3 different literbikes, the last a 2015 R1 making like 50 more hp than my Ninja, run only 520 chain and sprockets. So much doom and gloom from people regarding this but the best 520 chains have equal or higher tensile strength than any OEM 525 or 530. Rolls so nice even just pushing the bike around in a garage. With proper care I typically get at least 25k miles out of a chain, and I always change both sprockets when I do. That is satisfactory wear for me.

Lag 4
2016 N1K,,Gry/Blk
S21's with the 55 rear

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page