Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

Vibration in front of bike around 4-5k rpm?

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Ryder 
#1 ·
Anyone else notice a vibration or some kind of resonance or something upfront of the bike in the 4-6k rpm range? i dont know if vibration is the right word as i dont really feel anything and its too fast but its some kind of sound. Idk what the hell it is, it might even be normal or just some kind of resonance at a specific frequency of the motor. wondering if anyone else has noticed? on a 19 if it matters.

#2 ·
The N1K is known to make an intake howl / noise but it's not just limited to that RPM range. It's more dependent on throttle opening.

#3 ·
If you can do this, in a safe manner, reach down and touch the plastic and see if that does anything. If its plastic vibrating, you can fix that by adding a few of those stick on wheel weights to the back side of whatever is making noise.

#4 ·
My 2016 had a problem with the dash basil where it meets the piece under the windshield,,. Plastic buzz right around " the 4-6k rpm range?" that you refer to,,. At first I thought it was normal and after I while it became more and more obvious that it wasn't,,.
Shove a towel in there and see if it stops?

Reactions: rcannon409
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.