OT: Ford vs Ferrari - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 11-25-2019, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
OT: Ford vs Ferrari

Great movie. Loved it.

Even if it's about Cages, some of the discussion about racing and cornering is even semi- bike related.

Makes you realize how crude racing was not that long ago...

Go See it!
agurudev and N1K1LE like this.

Speed Thrills.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-25-2019, 04:05 PM

This is a good documentary about the story. Its been out for a few years, but Netflix has it right now. https://m.imdb.com/title/tt4875844/
CRFan1 likes this.
post #3 of 11 Old 11-29-2019, 11:42 AM

The movie was great, and a lot of fun for even those who dont like cars.

I searched for tickets and just happened to select this specific theater. My wife and granddaughter were not at all impressed, but I thought it was cool.

https://www.sltrib.com/artsliving/20...-real-ford-gt/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 11-29-2019, 03:52 PM

It was a very well done movie and the Netflix documentary is just as good with much more detail.
rcannon409 likes this.
post #5 of 11 Old 11-30-2019, 11:07 PM

I enjoyed the movie, and my wife liked it too, and she's not into cars or racing really. But she did comment during the movie that she loved the look of that Ferrari!
The Shelby Cobra was always my ideal of a sports car, and I was glad it got some of screen time in the film. And the Ford GT-40 was my favorite slot car back in the day.
My grandpa worked for Fords for many years, and he was still working there in the 60's when this historic race took place. It was a very exciting time.
post #6 of 11 Old 12-01-2019, 04:53 AM

Watched the documentary on Netflix last night and it was pretty good.

2015 Ninja 1000-Metallic Spark Black/Metallic Carbon Grey, Evotech Tidy Tail, Puig Windscreen (light smoke), Pirelli Angel GTs (190/55 rear), Sargent Seat, Kawasaki Hard Bags, Throttlemeister Throttle Lock Bar Ends
post #7 of 11 Old 12-02-2019, 02:25 PM

The 2016 story is right up there as well,,.
Many nice cars and accomplishments out of Ford over the years,,.
Both the GT40 and the 2016 Ford GT are right up there with the best cars ever made!!

Lag 4
2016 N1K,,Gry/Blk
Ceramic Coated Header with Urban Brawlers
Latest edition of Ivans flash E6, BMC performance A/C
OEM Gel Seat & Cowl, Bikemaster Bar End Mirrors, Koso Apollo heated grips
HID's with Halos, LED running lights, Smoked turn signals with LED's
S21's with the 55 rear
post #8 of 11 Old 12-02-2019, 04:22 PM

Garage
My wife and I saw it on Friday and we both really enjoyed it. A die cast Gulf liveried GT40 was one of my favorite toys as a kid. It's still one of my all time favorite cars. The first time I got to see one running at the historic races at Laguna Seca I had some serious goosebumps.
rcannon409 likes this.

2018 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - Akrapovič Racing Line Full Exhaust; BMC Air Filter; Corbin Saddle; CRG LS 2.2 Mirrors; Driven Grips; Driven PAIR Block Off Plates; Dunlop Q3+ Tires (190/55 rear); GPR V4S Steering Stabilizer; Kawasaki Frame Sliders; Mirror Block Offs; Moto Dynamic Fender Eliminator; Moto Dynamic Integrated Taillight; MRA Racing Double Bubble Screen; ProGrip Tank Pad; R&G Racing Engine Covers; Speedy Moto Tall Boy 50mm Clip Ons; Woolich ECU Tuning With Race Tools And Quickshifter.
post #9 of 11 Old 12-02-2019, 05:40 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lag 4 View Post
Both the GT40 and the 2016 Ford GT are right up there with the best cars ever made!!
Got a shot of both at the L.A. auto show this weekend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 77327128_10218085350618353_6718604293022154752_o.jpg (224.3 KB, 4 views)
rcannon409 likes this.

2018 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - Akrapovič Racing Line Full Exhaust; BMC Air Filter; Corbin Saddle; CRG LS 2.2 Mirrors; Driven Grips; Driven PAIR Block Off Plates; Dunlop Q3+ Tires (190/55 rear); GPR V4S Steering Stabilizer; Kawasaki Frame Sliders; Mirror Block Offs; Moto Dynamic Fender Eliminator; Moto Dynamic Integrated Taillight; MRA Racing Double Bubble Screen; ProGrip Tank Pad; R&G Racing Engine Covers; Speedy Moto Tall Boy 50mm Clip Ons; Woolich ECU Tuning With Race Tools And Quickshifter.
post #10 of 11 Old 12-02-2019, 05:52 PM

The one i saw in the movie theater lobby was Ken Miles car from Lemans 1966. Its for real. The owner, Larry H Miller is the one who built the local race track and he had an amazing collection, right at the track. He died, and his piece of shit son dismantled it.

They say he paid 7million for it. I can only imagine what its worth now. That makes me wonder....

Its our generation who is into these cars, and has the money to buy them. With that said, i dont see kids in my granddaughters generation as giving two shits for these cars. Do you guys think these cars will go up, or fall in value if we look 20-30 yrs ahead? I think they will always be worth something, but not like they are now.
tyrmeltr likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page