2020 1000sx revealed - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 68Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 111 Unread 11-05-2019, 06:34 AM Thread Starter

Garage
2020 1000sx revealed

Kawasaki’s ever-popular Z1000SX gets a raft of updates for 2020 along with a new name. After years as the odd-man-out in the ‘Z’ range as the only Z-model to wear a fairing, it’s finally falling into line with Kawasaki’s normal naming protocol by becoming the Ninja 1000SX for next year. The model already bears that title in the USA, and now falls into line with other Z-based faired models like the Ninja 650, Ninja 400 and Ninja 125.
The name brings with it a selection of worthwhile improvements. While the 2020 Ninja 1000SX looks much like its predecessor, it’s switched the old four-barrelled exhaust – two each side – for a single large end can on the right hand side. It’s a cleaner, lighter look, particularly when the bike’s seen from the now exhaust-free left.
Look closer and you’ll see that the bodywork and front mudguard are redesigned for 2020, with larger air outlets and a more enveloping bellypan. Harder to spot are the new LED lights – headlights, tail light, indicators and even the licence plate lamp are all LED now – and the reshaped, more comfortable seats for both rider and pillion.
On board, 2020 Ninja 1000SX owners will find improvements including an up/down quick-shifter, cruise control, and new riding modes and traction control settings, all operated via a modern (but somewhat small) 4.3in full-colour TFT screen. As with so many other 2020 bikes, Bluetooth phone integration is also included.
Underneath, the engine’s throttles are new and the cam profiles are tweaked, but power and torque are virtually unchanged at 142PS (140bhp) at 10,000rpm and 111Nm (82lbft) at 8000rpm.
At an anticipated £11,300 the 2020 Ninja 1000SX is going to be about £1000 more than the current Z1000SX but the improvements should make the bike worth the extra outlay.
Link to article-
https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocia...z900-z650-2020
jr_tx likes this.

Life is short, just buy the bike.

2016 1000sx
Akrapovic 4-1 full exhaust, Evotech radiator guard, Puig dark smoke racing screen, OEM Gel seat, Techspec tank grips,Dunlop roadsmart 3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 111 Unread 11-05-2019, 06:57 AM

Nice updates to an already great platform!

2018 Silver Matte Black / Murph's risers / Moto Werks foot peg blocks with brake level nut / Heated Sargent Seat / Heated Grips / Tech Spec Tank grips / Custom LED rear brake light w/ Rizoma LED rear brake lights / Front Directional LED's / Kickstand Flatfoot / GIVI hard side cases / MRA Frosted Touring Windscreen / Stem RAM mount / TPMS / Tapeworks reflective rim tape

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there"... George Harrison

post #3 of 111 Unread 11-05-2019, 07:59 AM

Garage
It well be interesting to see how the insurance companies react to the the renaming. Will our European friends get the shaft, will we see a break?

6-25-2016, New 2015N1K, now w/43000 and updated regularly
Ivan's, Barringed up, Yoshi tail tidy, Akra header to a modified underbelly exhaust and Urban Brawlers, Profile bi lens LED projectors, white / amber switchback marker / blinker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 111 Unread 11-05-2019, 08:02 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1KLife View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JWqjH-HhVc

Kawasaki’s ever-popular Z1000SX gets a raft of updates for 2020 along with a new name. After years as the odd-man-out in the ‘Z’ range as the only Z-model to wear a fairing, it’s finally falling into line with Kawasaki’s normal naming protocol by becoming the Ninja 1000SX for next year. The model already bears that title in the USA, and now falls into line with other Z-based faired models like the Ninja 650, Ninja 400 and Ninja 125.
The name brings with it a selection of worthwhile improvements. While the 2020 Ninja 1000SX looks much like its predecessor, it’s switched the old four-barrelled exhaust – two each side – for a single large end can on the right hand side. It’s a cleaner, lighter look, particularly when the bike’s seen from the now exhaust-free left.
Look closer and you’ll see that the bodywork and front mudguard are redesigned for 2020, with larger air outlets and a more enveloping bellypan. Harder to spot are the new LED lights – headlights, tail light, indicators and even the licence plate lamp are all LED now – and the reshaped, more comfortable seats for both rider and pillion.
On board, 2020 Ninja 1000SX owners will find improvements including an up/down quick-shifter, cruise control, and new riding modes and traction control settings, all operated via a modern (but somewhat small) 4.3in full-colour TFT screen. As with so many other 2020 bikes, Bluetooth phone integration is also included.
Underneath, the engine’s throttles are new and the cam profiles are tweaked, but power and torque are virtually unchanged at 142PS (140bhp) at 10,000rpm and 111Nm (82lbft) at 8000rpm.
At an anticipated £11,300 the 2020 Ninja 1000SX is going to be about £1000 more than the current Z1000SX but the improvements should make the bike worth the extra outlay.
Link to article-
https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocia...z900-z650-2020
About fing time. The single exhaust may make it a bit lighter, but I've always like the dual look. I also think it needs a boost in power too keep up with the competition.
OCBrit and Darthanubis like this.

15' N1K - Akropovic, Ivan's Tune, Puig Short for summer, V-Stream Tall for winter, Gear Indicator, Memory Foam Seat
post #5 of 111 Unread 11-05-2019, 08:10 AM

Very nice. The TFT display looks good and at a glance it appears to have some new features. Glad to see they added cruise control.
Darthanubis likes this.

2013 Ninja 1000.....Osram Nightbreakers, Pazzo levers, Vesrah pads, Puig screen, R&G frame sliders / case covers / axle protector, Sargent seat, PC5 with Ivans fuel map and ECU reflash, Akrapovic full exhaust, forks and shock rebuilt by Traxxion Dynamics.

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT
post #6 of 111 Unread 11-05-2019, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I really like the list of the upgrades they have made on this. I hope they tasked their top engineers to work on the seat.
jr_tx, Darthanubis and Ninja Raven like this.

Life is short, just buy the bike.

2016 1000sx
Akrapovic 4-1 full exhaust, Evotech radiator guard, Puig dark smoke racing screen, OEM Gel seat, Techspec tank grips,Dunlop roadsmart 3.
post #7 of 111 Unread 11-05-2019, 08:59 AM

Thats a good list of upgrades. Lots of things you cant do, yourself like that tft dash and cruise control. Im still blown away by one thing.

When it was released, in late 2010, I never dreamed it would be the same basic bike 10 years from then.

Avintage, lol on insurance rates, is my guess. Why would they want less money than suckers...i mean, us owners, have paid since 2010!
post #8 of 111 Unread 11-05-2019, 09:00 AM

Garage
Nice updates, about what I expected. Evolution not revolution. It's not enough to compel me to upgrade, but just enough to annoy me that they didn't already offer all this in 2018 when I bought my bike.

2018 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - Akrapovič Racing Line Full Exhaust; BMC Air Filter; Corbin Saddle; CRG LS 2.2 Mirrors; Driven Grips; Driven PAIR Block Off Plates; Dunlop Q3+ Tires (190/55 rear); GPR V4S Steering Stabilizer; Kawasaki Frame Sliders; Mirror Block Offs; Moto Dynamic Fender Eliminator; Moto Dynamic Integrated Taillight; MRA Racing Double Bubble Screen; ProGrip Tank Pad; R&G Racing Engine Covers; Speedy Moto Tall Boy 50mm Clip Ons; Woolich ECU Tuning With Race Tools And Quickshifter.
post #9 of 111 Unread 11-05-2019, 09:13 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burtcaster View Post
About fing time. The single exhaust may make it a bit lighter, but I've always like the dual look. I also think it needs a boost in power too keep up with the competition.
Looks like the power and weight numbers remain the same as earlier...
Darthanubis likes this.

Ride hard, ride safe.
post #10 of 111 Unread 11-05-2019, 09:14 AM

Garage
The up/down shifter would be cool to have, rest of them don't really appeal that much to me personally.

Ride hard, ride safe.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in