2020 1000sx revealed - Page 10 - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 108Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 194 Old 11-08-2019, 08:44 AM

Garage
On the round rotors, are they better? Is the wave/petal rotor a little more expensive? Why would they switch back if wave is the rage.
I have no clue. After the pad change I felt our brakes were very good being factory.
@rcannon409 I can recall a Jack Lambert for the Steelers, believe he was part of the dirty defense of the 70s. I remember not liking him and all being a Cowboys fan. Also recall hearing of his introduction into the hall of fame.

I'll have to look Martin Up.

6-25-2016, New 2015N1K, now w/43000 and updated regularly
Ivan's, Barringed up, Yoshi tail tidy, Akra header to a modified underbelly exhaust and Urban Brawlers, Profile bi lens LED projectors, white / amber switchback marker / blinker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 194 Old 11-08-2019, 11:42 AM

Garage
Apologies if this has been answered. Do we know yet what the difference is with the SE model?(besides colour) Do we know if this will have the same "self healing" paint that's on the new Versys?

2014 Ninja 1000
2008 KLX 450R
post #93 of 194 Old 11-08-2019, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avintage69 View Post
On the round rotors, are they better? Is the wave/petal rotor a little more expensive? Why would they switch back if wave is the rage.
You can debate the pros and cons of wave rotors all day long but one thing is for sure.....round is cheaper to make.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 194 Old 11-08-2019, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Ninja View Post
Apologies if this has been answered. Do we know yet what the difference is with the SE model?(besides colour) Do we know if this will have the same "self healing" paint that's on the new Versys?
The se model here in Canada difference is the paint colour only. I just ordered the emerald green.
Ninja Raven likes this.
post #95 of 194 Old 11-08-2019, 08:15 PM

Round vs wave? I think Chrispy gave a great answer, in cost.

From my own experience, i very much prefer the feel of round rotors. The galfer rotors i used had a huge intial bite, and that halfway sucked. You got used to it, but it was not great. They also shredded pads about twice as fast as normal. If someone wants to try Galger, for hell sake contact me. I have a really nice set in 310mm diameter. No reason to pay full price. They would have been awesome on my sv650 when i had shit calipers and had no clue about master cylinder ratios...( we will pretend i do now).

Im not sure the original kawasaki rotors had enough of a wave shape to matter? They always felt pretty smooth. The only fully round rotors ive tried are brembo, so maybe this isnt fair to say, but i would gladly pay more for round. If there were advantages to the wave, Brembo would have offered it.....although Galfer has a patent. Maybe they were bit willing to pay those fees?
post #96 of 194 Old 11-12-2019, 08:16 PM

Huh ? Never saw mention of this before.....

"The Ninja 1000SX features many enhancements that allow for a smoother engine feeling. One major
feature is the secondary balancer on the engine crankshaft, which helps to reduce vibration."

https://www.motorcycle.com/manufactu...4EzqcZIYFhuywA
post #97 of 194 Old 11-12-2019, 09:17 PM

This sounds very familiar when they had a "new" counter balancer on the 2014s when they were announced. Same as the 2011s but somehow it became new. We can always hope.

2018 Ninja w/bags, Motowerks lowered pegs, Sargent Seat, Puig/Vstream screen, Givi XS307 tank bag, WOLO BadBoy horn, Aerostitch Roadcrafter
post #98 of 194 Old 11-12-2019, 09:43 PM

The parts diagrams for all N1K model years have a sub-section called "Balancer". The only item which appears to be different, based on the part number, is the actual rotating balancer weight itself. 2011 through 2013 share a common part number, and 2014 - 2019 share a different p/n. The 2020 diagram hasn't posted up yet.
post #99 of 194 Old 11-12-2019, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenors View Post
This sounds very familiar when they had a "new" counter balancer on the 2014s when they were announced. Same as the 2011s but somehow it became new. We can always hope.
Kenors, by Kawasakis count, are we at 3 balancers, or is it four? They try to add one everytime the bike gets revised.
post #100 of 194 Old 11-12-2019, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenors View Post
Back then I think they mistakenly claimed rubber front engine mounts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page