2017 N1K Tire Wear - Page 3 - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 54 Old 10-22-2019, 08:30 PM

Personally, I've bought a LOT of mail order tires for many years and *usually* they're newer than when I've gone into shops. Not that any have been old but but generally my mail order mfg. dates have been 2-5 months old and from local dealers maybe up to a year old. Looking at the stock, many/most local shops get their tires from Parts Unlimited. Same as me sometimes.

2018 Ninja w/bags, Motowerks lowered pegs, Sargent Seat, Puig/Vstream screen, Givi XS307 tank bag, WOLO BadBoy horn, Aerostitch Roadcrafter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 54 Old 10-22-2019, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Bc2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenors View Post
Personally, I've bought a LOT of mail order tires for many years and *usually* they're newer than when I've gone into shops. Not that any have been old but but generally my mail order mfg. dates have been 2-5 months old and from local dealers maybe up to a year old. Looking at the stock, many/most local shops get their tires from Parts Unlimited. Same as me sometimes.

Thanks, I'll check it out...
post #23 of 54 Old 10-23-2019, 08:54 AM

Garage
Yep, same for me. Never buying Pirelli tires ever again. Tires with a Made in China on the side wall, not for me.

2015, Candy Fire Red.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 54 Old 10-23-2019, 09:17 AM

You cant imagine the volume of tires when these places advertise and sell on a national level. Ive seen inside the ups trailers outside of Rocky Mountain ATV. Im talking those 48ft trailers, full, daily. They dont make money by stocking tires, they sell them. Trailers full of street tires, and im not even sure thats a popular item for them.

Have you guys already removed the Chinese made parts from your Ninja? That would send a message to kawasaki, and you can support an American company when you buy the new brake lines, clutch cable, grips and plastic parts.
post #25 of 54 Old 10-23-2019, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcannon409 View Post
Have you guys already removed the Chinese made parts from your Ninja? That would send a message to kawasaki, and you can support an American company when you buy the new brake lines, clutch cable, grips and plastic parts.
I find the Ninja 1000 a unique motorcycle, with almost no alternatives. Japan's trade deficit with China is now as bad as ours here in the US.

Many companies make good tires for my bikes. Buying them from the Communist Chinese government will always be my last choice when there is an alternative...
Rickifumi likes this.
post #26 of 54 Old 10-23-2019, 12:23 PM

Those damn Chinese communists. LOL!

Besides the oil filter, what parts of my N1k are made in China? I want to rip them all out and burn them!

I actually have owned Chinese made Pirelli Diablo Rosso tires. I couldn't tell the difference between them and the German made ones. Oh and they cost the same! So no money saved there.
post #27 of 54 Old 10-23-2019, 04:45 PM

The only way i knew these were chinese is because of the bags the replacement parts came in, directly from Kawasaki. They said "made in china" rear brake hose.

Throttle cable, clutch and brake levers, clutch perch. Also, the plastic piece that sits right behind our windshield.

Maybe other hard parts, but thats all ive bought .I remember some other rubber part...the rose joint cover on the shift lever, but that part might have been Yamaha. LLPfzml
Ill bet the list is longer, but who really knows? A 2001 zx12 list price was 10,999. 18 years late a ninja 1000 sells for 12,999....or a z900 selling for way under 10k. Maybe we dont want to know?
post #28 of 54 Old 10-23-2019, 05:00 PM

We don't want to know.

I think looking at it one part at a time is a waste. The real concern with supporting China's business practices is the copyright theft, predatory business practices, currency manipulation, intellectual theft via cyber spying, and the directly funding the Chinese military that continues to undermine Peace and Security in and around the South China Sea, the Sea of Japan, and now parts of the South Pacific. The US has kept the peace in that whole area. Now China wants in and uses bully tactics and outright take what they want mentality. That's wrong and that's not something we want to support with our hard earned dollars. And we are very much a part of the problem by letting China get away with it. But don't worry because it won't go on for long. The only way to make changes is the Trade War. That will iron things out. I still love my N1k. If Kawasaki chooses to build certain parts of my bike in China, that's on them. If they choose to build the bike in China, I won't buy the bike. Period. H-D sources many of their parts from China. So does many other US manufacturers. Your IPhone is made in China by Foxxcon (Taiwanese multi-national firm--not the same as Chinese). Yet Apple keeps building it there because all Apple cares about is their Profit Margin and building it in China via Foxxcon gives them that. That's what I mean about us being part of the problem. My problem with China is not China, it's that they choose NOT to play fair and takes whatever they want because they can and we let them. I'm quite sure there are many Chinese businesses that are willing to play by the rules in order to make money.

Oh BTW, Japan was doing this for a while too. Just to limited extent. And they didn't undermine our military at every turn like China does. It was just done in trade. All Corporations are alike. All they care about is money. They don't really care where something is made as long as the top makes money.

Last edited by OCLandspeeder; 10-23-2019 at 05:04 PM.
post #29 of 54 Old 10-23-2019, 05:49 PM

Garage
Dunlop Q3+ for the win my dudes. Insane grip, 6k miles out of a rear, and made in the USA, baby!

2018 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - Akrapovič Racing Line Full Exhaust; BMC Air Filter; Corbin Saddle; CRG LS 2.2 Mirrors; Driven Grips; Driven PAIR Block Off Plates; Dunlop Q3+ Tires (190/55 rear); GPR V4S Steering Stabilizer; Kawasaki Frame Sliders; Mirror Block Offs; Moto Dynamic Fender Eliminator; Moto Dynamic Integrated Taillight; MRA Racing Double Bubble Screen; ProGrip Tank Pad; R&G Racing Engine Covers; Speedy Moto Tall Boy 50mm Clip Ons; Woolich ECU Tuning With Race Tools And Quickshifter.
post #30 of 54 Old 10-23-2019, 06:27 PM

How about the front? 3k miles? And how does it wear?

The RS3's wear very well, especially the front. It will get triangulated eventually but not until the very end (when the wear bars are level with the treads) and you will know to replace them. Up to that point the front maintains its general shape and the steering doesn't go to $hit. That's something I really like about the RS3's.
Johnmark101 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page