Denali mini sound bomb mod - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 10-13-2019, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Bc2

Denali mini sound bomb mod

Hi All,

Bc2 here need some help with the Denali Mini Sound Bomb install. I attempted to install the new horn however there wasn't enough room under the dash where the old the stock horn was mounted. I tried using an offset and I decided against moving the ABS wiring. I seem to remember someone might have already done this and they were able to an existing whole in the frame to mount the new horn. Any help or suggestions appreciated. On the Brightside I was able to add the OEM frame sliders, 12 volt receptacle and R&G radiator and header protectors. Since this was my first time removing the fairings kudos to Jon Long and his DIY video.

Bc2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-14-2019, 07:01 PM

I just bought a 2017 Ninja 1000 and was thinking about getting the same horn. The OEM doesnít even seem to be heard in traffic. I can see where the original horn is mounted and it does look tight. Ditto on the Jonathan Long vids. I just put on the Kawasaki frame sliders and his videos made it relatively easy.
Bc2 likes this.
post #3 of 11 Old 10-14-2019, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Bc2

Denali Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1K1LE View Post
I just bought a 2017 Ninja 1000 and was thinking about getting the same horn. The OEM doesnít even seem to be heard in traffic. I can see where the original horn is mounted and it does look tight. Ditto on the Jonathan Long vids. I just put on the Kawasaki frame sliders and his videos made it relatively easy.

I dug up an old post by forum participant "Bikram" who had previously posted on the Denali Mini. It sounded like when you remove the right side fairing to expose the OEM horn there are some pre-drilled holes in the steering mount to use. When you purchase the mini it comes with a couple brackets and a 10mm nut. What I gather is that you bend one of the brackets into an "L" shape and attach one end to the steering mount and the other to the mini. Bikram states as per the instructions, that the mini's trumpet needs be pointed down. Also, instead of mounting it in the horizontal plane as was the OEM horn you mount it in the vertical position. I believe oriented from front to back. So, my winter project will be to remove the fairings again and see what I can do. Also, via the Dave Moss tutorials set my suspension.

Bc2
N1K1LE likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 10-14-2019, 08:01 PM

Cool Bc2. Thanks for the info, and the mention of the ďDave Moss tutorials.Ē Iíll be checking into that now as well. Back to the horn though, yeah the OEM unit has to go! Iíll do some more searching around but the Denali SB Mini is the one that stuck out to me as a possible replacement as well.
post #5 of 11 Old 10-14-2019, 08:07 PM

BC2, be a great help if you could take and post a couple of pics while you're in there. Thanks in advance.
Bc2 likes this.

2018 Ninja w/bags, Motowerks lowered pegs, Sargent Seat, Puig/Vstream screen, Givi XS307 tank bag, WOLO BadBoy horn, Aerostitch Roadcrafter
post #6 of 11 Old 10-14-2019, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Bc2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenors View Post
BC2, be a great help if you could take and post a couple of pics while you're in there. Thanks in advance.

Next time I'm in there I will. Also, I should have plugged in the mini just to compare the sound. Doing some chain maintenance this week clean and tension. Breakfast ride this coming Saturday, I hope the weather holds out here in New England looking forward to seeing more foliage. All for now...

Bc2
post #7 of 11 Old 10-14-2019, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Bc2

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1K1LE View Post
Cool Bc2. Thanks for the info, and the mention of the ďDave Moss tutorials.Ē Iíll be checking into that now as well. Back to the horn though, yeah the OEM unit has to go! Iíll do some more searching around but the Denali SB Mini is the one that stuck out to me as a possible replacement as well.

Also, there is a guy on YouTube named, "Wrenchie" who has some interesting videos on the N1K. There is another guy I follow at "Dellboy's Garage" that has some good info too, but not N1K specific.
N1K1LE likes this.
post #8 of 11 Old 10-15-2019, 01:19 AM

Garage
Do also check out the PIAA Slimline horn, comparable to the Denali Mini
Bc2 and N1K1LE like this.

Ride hard, ride safe.

2018 Ninja 1000
R&G Frame Sliders
R&G Engine/Clutch Cover
K&N Air filter
De-cat and Y link Pipe
SP Engineering Demon Slip-ons
Rear grab rail delete
Smart Moto Pair Valve Eliminator and Block Off plates
post #9 of 11 Old 10-15-2019, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Bc2

Quote:
Originally Posted by agurudev View Post
Do also check out the PIAA Slimline horn, comparable to the Denali Mini

Thank you...I will check it out
post #10 of 11 Old 10-17-2019, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bc2 View Post
I dug up an old post by forum participant "Bikram" who had previously posted on the Denali Mini. It sounded like when you remove the right side fairing to expose the OEM horn there are some pre-drilled holes in the steering mount to use. When you purchase the mini it comes with a couple brackets and a 10mm nut. What I gather is that you bend one of the brackets into an "L" shape and attach one end to the steering mount and the other to the mini. Bikram states as per the instructions, that the mini's trumpet needs be pointed down. Also, instead of mounting it in the horizontal plane as was the OEM horn you mount it in the vertical position. I believe oriented from front to back. So, my winter project will be to remove the fairings again and see what I can do. Also, via the Dave Moss tutorials set my suspension.

Bc2
That is correct, Bc2.

2016 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
G&G Moto2 exhaust cans + Akrapovic exhaust header
Rapid Bike Evo fuel controller + YouTune
BMC filter
Traxxion Dynamics front forks kit + Penske shock
Hyperpro RSC Steering Damper
Rotobox Carbon Fibre 300ST Wheels
Brembo 19RCS Corsa Corta master cylinder
HEL steel brake lines
Vesrah ZZ brake pads
Rizoma tail tidy
Baja S2 Pro auxiliary lights
Kawasaki OEM Gel Seat
HVMP bar-end weights
Shogun frame sliders
Evotech Radiator Guard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page