650 still sitting.... - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 09-11-2019, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

650 still sitting....

After the N1K purchase, I thought it would be easy to let the 650 (900 miles on Od) go. But, she keeps sitting in the garage as I just keep delaying advertising her. I mean, it is just so nimble to ride, and I love that blue color. I still basically only ride the 1000 now, and for the most part love it over the 650. Other than the seat height, which I have a plan to correct for me. But, the 650 still sits.........

Just venting my own self induced frustrations.......
Ninja Raven likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 09-11-2019, 07:14 PM

I went through the same thing goat driver, I had a Honda 500 that was fun to ride and got near 70 mpg, but I wasn’t about to park the n1k. One day I said I don’t like the 500 just sitting there not being used, so I finally sold it and have not regretted it.
rcannon409 likes this.

2012 N1000 spark bl and gray ABS
Tail tidy
Urban brawlers
V/h DB killers sitting on the shelf collecting dust
Givi rack and topcase
Puig smoked wind screen
oem gel seat set
Rascal grafiks tank pad
Grip puppies
SW Motech ninja 1000 quick connect gps mount with navi bag
2014 air filter and holey bottom plate
Go Cruise Throttle lock
Ivans ECU flash
Bridgestone S21's
post #3 of 11 Old 09-11-2019, 07:22 PM

Ditto when I got my 2011 N1k and still had the VFR800 sitting in the garage. It was my 3rd '98/'99 VFR with 98k miles on the odo. I put it on the market with a fairly high price (it was pristine, never been down) and it went for almost a year before the perfect buyer came along. Sad to see it go but, it was just sitting there...

2014 Ninja w/bags, Motowerks lowered pegs, Seth Lamm Seat, Puig screen, Givi XS307 tank bag, WOLO BadBoy horn, LEDPerf H7C HID lights, Aerostitch Roadcrafter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 09-11-2019, 07:41 PM

A second bike is not a bad thing to have if you ride a lot.
post #5 of 11 Old 09-11-2019, 09:07 PM

Mark, you did.,,,damn, that's been a while. The best part of your story was how the bike basically tried to come back to you.
post #6 of 11 Old 09-11-2019, 09:21 PM

RC I herd that, if that lawyer had not called me trying to get money from my insurance after the new owner let somebody wreck it and get hurt bad I would of probably bought it from the salvage yard. They were going to let me have it for the haul bill. But I did not want any part of it due to those circumstances.

2012 N1000 spark bl and gray ABS
Tail tidy
Urban brawlers
V/h DB killers sitting on the shelf collecting dust
Givi rack and topcase
Puig smoked wind screen
oem gel seat set
Rascal grafiks tank pad
Grip puppies
SW Motech ninja 1000 quick connect gps mount with navi bag
2014 air filter and holey bottom plate
Go Cruise Throttle lock
Ivans ECU flash
Bridgestone S21's
post #7 of 11 Old 09-13-2019, 08:19 AM

Started back into motorcycling with the beauty, CBR 500 in 2017, then the blue Ninja 2018, 650, but after a year, wanted more, just more, and traded in the 650 for the 2019 Ninja 1000. Loved all 3 machines and would have kept the 650 if money was not an issue for sure. It was a great bike, but man, I love my 1000cc machine. It seems good at most everything.
post #8 of 11 Old 09-13-2019, 09:53 AM

Garage
I had 2 bikes for a few years. What I found was I just didn't have time to ride, maintain, or work on both.
I can appreciate why people have multiple bikes, often different style bikes, for specific reasons (ex. sport/tour and cruiser) but I decided I would stick with 1 bike and finally sold my old Buell tuber earlier this year. It was sad to see it go; however, a true Buell fan bought it and recently posted a picture of the updates he's done so happy someone is appreciating it and not parting out. Also nice to have that extra space back in the garage.
I bought ex wife an ER6N years back and think I rode it more than she did because I didn't like seeing it sit. Such a fun and well balanced bike. When people ask me about a starter bike, I always suggest the Ninja 650.
post #9 of 11 Old 09-16-2019, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Washed the N1K and did the F11 treatment over the weekend, and just kept staring over at the 650. It could use a little polish, and I see what you mean about maintaining both (to my standards anyway). Would love to reimburse college costs with the 650 sale too. Just can't seem to push myself to make the move.
post #10 of 11 Old 09-17-2019, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatdriver View Post
Washed the N1K and did the F11 treatment over the weekend, and just kept staring over at the 650. It could use a little polish, and I see what you mean about maintaining both (to my standards anyway). Would love to reimburse college costs with the 650 sale too. Just can't seem to push myself to make the move.
It would be tough to sell one of my bikes to some dirtbag or dealer who just wanted to turn it into a rat bike or make a buck but I've found it really helps to have a super enthusiastic buyer who appreciates what they're getting and you know will maintain it. Maybe I've just been lucky but every bike I've ever sold myself has gone to someone like that. If you sell it yourself, you can choose who gets it.

2014 Ninja w/bags, Motowerks lowered pegs, Seth Lamm Seat, Puig screen, Givi XS307 tank bag, WOLO BadBoy horn, LEDPerf H7C HID lights, Aerostitch Roadcrafter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page