Mount Denali DM lights to reflector mount on fork? (17+) - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By bandroidx

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-28-2019, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Mount Denali DM lights to reflector mount on fork? (17+)

hi all, on my 2019 I would like to possibly install Denali DM 2.0 lights on the front fender, it looked like maybe the reflector bolt holes would be perfect place to mount these tiny lights. Anyone tried this on a 2017+ ?? The issue is the denali mounts with a bolt, so idk if maybe i could cut it to the exact right size or use some washers to make it longer to get it to work. i think the lights are m8, anyone know off hand what those reflectors bolt size are? I think maybe smaller like m4?

Thanks
kmushel and Bc2 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-29-2019, 11:59 AM

Apart from the question of mounting hardware, attaching lights to unsprung components seems like a formula for bouncy beam patterns on anything but the smoothest roads. What works OK on super-heavy touring bikes might be more annoying on sportier stuff like Ninja 1000s. Just hypothesizing here, no hard facts.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-17-2019, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

I ended up adding the lights. working on getting more pictures but here they are installed:

https://imgur.com/a/DmIRQEj

They are nice and i dont think its an issue being unsprung so far. the biggest downside is that counter steering i would imagine causes the light to throw away from the direction of the corner though so idk if they are helpful in big leaned over corners where they would be nice ot have. when its not a big lean though its a big help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 08-17-2019, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandroidx View Post
I ended up adding the lights. working on getting more pictures but here they are installed:

https://imgur.com/a/DmIRQEj

They are nice and i dont think its an issue being unsprung so far. the biggest downside is that counter steering i would imagine causes the light to throw away from the direction of the corner though so idk if they are helpful in big leaned over corners where they would be nice ot have. when its not a big lean though its a big help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page