Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

Delkevic Slip Ons

10K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  lordmember 
#1 ·
I'm seriously considering these for the new bike. Does anyone have them? I'd really like to hear a recording to see if they are going to be too loud, and hear how folks rate them. I don't want something too loud, as I had that on my previous bike, and it started to drive me crazy. I want to be able to hear my music as well.

#4 · (Edited)
Agree. It looks old school.

Personally I think the Leo Vince are the best looking for the latest generation N1k. The older N1k's look great with the Two Brother's black edition. But these are in the $700-$800 range.

Look up Stormtrooper Ninja on You Tube as he fitted a set of Black Widow shorty mufflers on his '18 N1k. The BW exhaust are similar to the Delkevic brand. I believe designed in the UK with good quality control but made in China.

#7 ·
I only want to do the slip ons, if possible. Yours looks awesome, and I'd like to get the short ones too, but afraid it will be too loud. I'll probably have to compromise and get the larger ones. I'm still hoping someone will have the slip ons and has a sound clip.

#9 ·
I can definitely confirm this. I had slip ons only prior to yesterday and the sound increase with slipons is not that big. I was using the Akrapovic Megaphones... With the full system it's exponentially louder and probably a bit much for a lot of people. Just slip ons, to me, was a very conservative, although very nice sounding setup. Slightly louder than stock but definitely not an annoying loud.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

#10 ·
I really like my Delkevic SS70s. Smaller, lighter, not much louder than stock even with the baffles removes, works with luggage, fit and finish was excellent and not terribly expensive. I've had them on since last fall and so far no rusty bits. Even though it's not much louder it's still the whiny in-line 4 rasp.
Other than the visual effect and weight, the biggest advantage I see is it gives much better access to the chain for maintenance and when lining up the rear stand on the spools.

#17 ·
I'm still looking and have it narrowed down some more now. I'm still liking the DS70, which I think is the carbon fiber version of what you have. You still liking them? Sounds better than stock, but not too loud that you get annoyed in your helmet on long trips?

#11 ·
#12 · (Edited)
I have a few pics from my install. I didn't use enough sealer my first round and had to go over a few joints. I also had to trim the bottom trim piece that I think most leave off.

Attachments

#13 ·
I was looking at the DS70 that works with the hard bags, just in case I ever decide to add the bags. Thanks for the info. Glad to hear they aren't much louder than stock with the stock header. I've been surfing a bit to see pictures of Ninja's with them installed and even found 1 sound clip. I'm getting closer!

#18 ·
They wrote me that the DS70 is going to be quite a bit louder, as they list their exhaust loudest to quiet, and those are the second choice.

Anyone know anyone that has the Akrapovic slip ons? They list the db as same as stock, but better tone. Would like to hear them or know more opinions.

#19 ·
I've lost track of whether or not the Delkevic exhausts are going to be used with a full system or stock system. On a STOCK exhaust, the SS70s will not be much louder than stock. I'm a tourer and loud pipes are irritating to me and the SS70s are not irritating. In fact, I ran them without the baffles.

With the stock exhaust system, cat and collector in place, pretty much any exhaust will be fine. On a full system, you'll probably need a bit more sound deadening to be ear/neighbor friendly.
BTW, I'm still impressed a couple years after getting the Delkevics. Fit and finish were excellent, no rust or scratches (good stainless used) and, of course, great price. They just sat there looking and sounding good.

#21 ·
Not exactly an apples to apples comparison but I have the 13" tri-oval Delks on my FJR and love them. Very nice quality, good price and great sound. I was surprised how much louder/deeper they sounded than the OE cans, even w/the DB silencers installed but the FJR is a very quiet bike. W/the DB silencers removed, tonal quality is even deeper, volume increases a tad but nowhere near obnoxious. You can ride w/out fear!

I had Yosh CF cans on my former N1K, w/the DB silencer removed, of course, & I'd estimate the volume/tonal quality is very similar.
Lee

#23 ·
I ordered “1 × Full System to fit Ninja 1000 (2011-2019) & Z1000 (2010-2016) with 10" Titanium XOval Muffler and Stainless Steel 4-2 Headers.” I just installed the system last week and tested it fully yesterday. They sound godly, and have an sweet deep growl. The system was around $800

#29 · (Edited)
Just installed a delkevic 9 inch oval on my new 2023 1000sx still braking it in. I left the baffle in and still running stock headers with cat. Do I need to tune my af and ecu flash... I've asked a few times on here and have been told no need
with this setup. Not questioning any of my replies not use to these new fuel ejection bikes my stored bikes are all vintage carberated systems and dont want to damage anything.

I'm Adding a picture of one of my collectables I dont want to drive on our gravel road I've had it since 1980 and still runs well lots of work done to the bike and keeping it.