Delkevic Slip Ons - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 07-19-2019, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Delkevic Slip Ons

I'm seriously considering these for the new bike. Does anyone have them? I'd really like to hear a recording to see if they are going to be too loud, and hear how folks rate them. I don't want something too loud, as I had that on my previous bike, and it started to drive me crazy. I want to be able to hear my music as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 07-19-2019, 11:58 AM

I saw a few online videos of them on the N1k.

You will get the lowest tones with their longer 13" mufflers versus their shorty ones. The shorties look bad ass of course.
post #3 of 16 Old 07-19-2019, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

The smaller ones definitely look better to me also, but I bet they are much louder than the original size. The big 14" ones look so large to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 07-19-2019, 12:19 PM

Agree. It looks old school.

Personally I think the Leo Vince are the best looking for the latest generation N1k. The older N1k's look great with the Two Brother's black edition. But these are in the $700-$800 range.

Look up Stormtrooper Ninja on You Tube as he fitted a set of Black Widow shorty mufflers on his '18 N1k. The BW exhaust are similar to the Delkevic brand. I believe designed in the UK with good quality control but made in China.

Last edited by OCLandspeeder; 07-19-2019 at 12:23 PM.
post #5 of 16 Old 07-19-2019, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. I'll look them up!
post #6 of 16 Old 07-19-2019, 06:09 PM

Garage
I have the delkevic full system with 9 inch shorties. It's definitely louder than stock. I'm happy with it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190719_055953909_1563573978963.jpg (109.1 KB, 35 views)
post #7 of 16 Old 07-19-2019, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

I only want to do the slip ons, if possible. Yours looks awesome, and I'd like to get the short ones too, but afraid it will be too loud. I'll probably have to compromise and get the larger ones. I'm still hoping someone will have the slip ons and has a sound clip.
post #8 of 16 Old 07-19-2019, 09:08 PM

If you use the stock header, the bike stays fairly quiet. With an aftermarket header, that's where the big noise starts.
skootin likes this.
post #9 of 16 Old 07-20-2019, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcannon409 View Post
If you use the stock header, the bike stays fairly quiet. With an aftermarket header, that's where the big noise starts.
I can definitely confirm this. I had slip ons only prior to yesterday and the sound increase with slipons is not that big. I was using the Akrapovic Megaphones... With the full system it's exponentially louder and probably a bit much for a lot of people. Just slip ons, to me, was a very conservative, although very nice sounding setup. Slightly louder than stock but definitely not an annoying loud.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
post #10 of 16 Old 07-20-2019, 12:34 PM

I really like my Delkevic SS70s. Smaller, lighter, not much louder than stock even with the baffles removes, works with luggage, fit and finish was excellent and not terribly expensive. I've had them on since last fall and so far no rusty bits. Even though it's not much louder it's still the whiny in-line 4 rasp.
Other than the visual effect and weight, the biggest advantage I see is it gives much better access to the chain for maintenance and when lining up the rear stand on the spools.

2014 Ninja w/bags, Motowerks lowered pegs, Seth Lamm Seat, Puig screen, Givi XS307 tank bag, WOLO BadBoy horn, LEDPerf H7C HID lights, Aerostitch Roadcrafter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page