Where did you ride your bike to? - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 58 Old 07-01-2019, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
As the header states talk about your ride, was it solo... with buddies or maybe even more special and with a loved one..... or two. I find very little bike related today more interesting then reading about someones adventure. It sparks the imagination and gives ideas.

So short or long with details or with out... let's have them.

6-25-2016, New 2015N1K, now w/43000 and updated regularly
Ivan's, Barringed up, Yoshi tail tidy, Akra header to a modified underbelly exhaust and Urban Brawlers, Profile bi lens LED projectors, white / amber switchback marker / blinker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 Old 07-01-2019, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Saturday I had planned for my Harley riding buddy who I've known for 34 years since the 9th grade to come visit. He unfortunately is not a all weather rider and the chances of storms in the area made him bale on me. So I rode to Dallas Friday night and stayed there and put down a few cold ones.
131 miles.

Saterday after eating breakfast with him and fixing his battery operated lawn mower I headed out to meet my neighbor in Paris Tx and we headed North to Oklahoma. At that point with the WAZE app running we made good time, or at least covered a lot of ground. Unfortunately near Tihena Ok. we found ourselves under the awning of a closed restaurant waiting out the storms. After an hour or so now wet and hungry we took some mountain pass to Heveaner Ok and had dinner at a place called the Southern Belle. It's an old passenger rail car that's been converted. Very neat story of how it came to be where it is today so make sure you ask if you ever go.
Ended up getting a room and having alittle to much fun due to the lounge being within walking distance that night. But that's another story in its self.
296 miles

The ride back on Sunday though was awesome as we came through Ouchita National Forest. Switch backs, scenic veiws, a bear crossing the road and something going on ar a prison that we had to deal with.
359 miles.
All in all I almost put in 800 miles Friday Saturday and Sunday. Now to plan the next one.
CoachP7, Darthanubis and ykun like this.

6-25-2016, New 2015N1K, now w/43000 and updated regularly
Ivan's, Barringed up, Yoshi tail tidy, Akra header to a modified underbelly exhaust and Urban Brawlers, Profile bi lens LED projectors, white / amber switchback marker / blinker.
post #3 of 58 Old 07-01-2019, 04:10 PM

At the end of June, a buddy and I made a trip from Michigan down to West Virginia / Virginia for some mountain riding. We covered 1179 miles in 4 days. The first and last days were about 3/4 highway and 1/4 rural roads. The middle two days were basically all fun twisty mountain riding. On the first night, we wandered around the town where we were staying and found a barbecue festival and live music by the river. On the second day, we made a stop at Seneca Rocks, West Virginia and hiked to the top of the peak for some amazing views. On the third day, we started with a 20 minute ride to a nearby cave system for an hour long tour of the caves before hitting the road for the day. The weather had been calling for rain every day until just before the trip, and we ended up with perfect weather every day. Not a drop of rain.
Attached Images
File Type: png D9E294D5-C591-4051-B2CF-DBC28E76A611_1562007955304.png (873.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: png A2A323F0-48DF-4E4A-8438-9DB61E2F0BD4_1562007963200.png (714.5 KB, 12 views)
Darthanubis likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 58 Old 07-01-2019, 06:15 PM

I went on a 250 mile ride this Sunday. About 100 miles of freeway, the rest were back roads. Rode up Palomar Mountain located in north east San Diego County. It's N1k country.

Took this picture:
Untitled by rogue_biker, on Flickr

Some of the Spring flowers were still in bloom:
Untitled by rogue_biker, on Flickr
Darthanubis, ykun and skootin like this.
post #5 of 58 Old 07-01-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCLandspeeder View Post
I went on a 250 mile ride this Sunday. About 100 miles of freeway, the rest were back roads. Rode up Palomar Mountain located in north east San Diego County. It's N1k country.
Man, I'm originally from San Diego and have so many memories of riding two-up as a kid on my dad's BMW on these roads. Wish I could do Banner Grade or Palomar Mtn or Wildcat Canyon on the Ninja, but now I live a good 1,000 miles away in the PNW. The year-round riding there was unmatched.
Darthanubis and OCLandspeeder like this.
post #6 of 58 Old 07-01-2019, 06:57 PM

Garage
Today? Just rode to work, as I normally do during the week.

Next Friday, riding up the coast to Laguna Seca for the weekend to see the World Superbike and MotoAmerica races, then riding back Monday.
Darthanubis likes this.

2018 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - Akrapovič Racing Line Full Exhaust; BMC Air Filter; Corbin Saddle; CRG LS 2.2 Mirrors; Driven Grips; Driven PAIR Block Off Plates; Dunlop Q3+ Tires (190/55 rear); GPR V4S Steering Stabilizer; Kawasaki Frame Sliders; Mirror Block Offs; Moto Dynamic Fender Eliminator; Moto Dynamic Integrated Taillight; MRA Racing Double Bubble Screen; ProGrip Tank Pad; R&G Racing Engine Covers; Speedy Moto Tall Boy 50mm Clip Ons; Woolich ECU Tuning With Race Tools And Quickshifter.
post #7 of 58 Old 07-01-2019, 07:02 PM

This coming weekend I'll be riding ~800 miles from the Central Willamette Valley in Oregon to western Montana. Looks like I'll be taking Hwy 26 all the way the first day to Boise, then take a stupid amount of mountain roads through Stanley, Challis, and Salmon Idaho.

Coming back the weekend after this coming weekend, its another ~750 miles. I'll hit Lolo Pass from Missoula to Kooskia, pop around to my old summer internship stomping grounds in Lewiston, then take Rattlesnake Grade up to Joseph/Enterprise, with an overnight in La Grande. Then its all the famous back-desert roads like Fossil to Shaniko on the way home. Maybe I'll pop up to the top of Timberline Rd and get a good picture of my bike with hotel from 'The Shining.'
Attached Images
File Type: png Trip.PNG (555.6 KB, 10 views)
Darthanubis and nucleus like this.
post #8 of 58 Old 07-01-2019, 07:04 PM

I just did that ride last weekend. It was epic as always. Definitely N1k country. In fact back in 2017 when Kawi introduced the revised N1k, that is the area they let the journalists loose.

The introduction of the 2011 N1k was done north of San Francisco, just shy of the Golden Gate Bridge. Been there on my VFR800 a few times. Another epic area to ride.

I'm going to have to put together an N1k group ride up there if anyone is up for it.
tyrmeltr and Darthanubis like this.
post #9 of 58 Old 07-02-2019, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcullum1995 View Post
This coming weekend I'll be riding ~800 miles from the Central Willamette Valley in Oregon to western Montana. Looks like I'll be taking Hwy 26 all the way the first day to Boise, then take a stupid amount of mountain roads through Stanley, Challis, and Salmon Idaho.

Coming back the weekend after this coming weekend, its another ~750 miles. I'll hit Lolo Pass from Missoula to Kooskia, pop around to my old summer internship stomping grounds in Lewiston, then take Rattlesnake Grade up to Joseph/Enterprise, with an overnight in La Grande. Then its all the famous back-desert roads like Fossil to Shaniko on the way home. Maybe I'll pop up to the top of Timberline Rd and get a good picture of my bike with hotel from 'The Shining.'

I do a similar loop every year, I named it Moregon (we do a loop through Idaho). Doing it on Aug 2nd. Dont wanna miss the in and out to Elk City from Grangeville
Darthanubis likes this.
post #10 of 58 Old 07-03-2019, 08:19 AM

Just got back from a three day, 1200 mile ride in the mountains. Left the house by myself and headed south into the mountains of North Carolina and Tennessee. Spent some time on a couple of my favorite roads and made one pass across the Dragon before retiring for the evening in Townsend TN. Early the next morning I took a spin on the newly opened section of the Foothills Parkway which was absolutely fantastic. I do not think I have ever ridden asphalt so smooth in my life and since it was early in the morning I was the only one on the road!! The views from the top were almost as spectacular as the road itself!!

Later that morning I met a friend in Tellico Plains. We spent the rest of the day riding together. Unfortunately he began having some problems with his Aprilia that day and it would sputter and miss whenever he went over 4000 rpm or above 70 mph. I let him ride in front of me and could see the inside of his exhaust glowing red hot!! Appeared to be dumping unburned fuel into the exhaust. Stopped by a local mechanic who just shook his head and said he could not read codes off an Aprilia and the only thing he could offer was to disassemble and investigate the old fashioned way. So my buddy had to nurse the thing for the remainder of the trip. That exhaust can was so hot you could not stand next to it!

Met a couple guys from Boston who were in the area for the first time and they were blown away by the quality and quantity of the roads. They were so pumped up after riding around that day they were acting like soccer hooligans whose team had just won the world cup.

Headed home the next morning and took the long way to enjoy some of the good roads between the mountains and my home in centrally Kentucky. Managed to dodge a pretty nasty storm with lots of lightning along the way. Fifteen minutes after pulling in garage the sky opened up and it poured and thundered. Home safe just before the storm. Would have stayed another day or two but the wife's birthday meant I had to get my butt home!!
BAZININJA and Darthanubis like this.

2013 Ninja 1000.....Osram Nightbreakers, Pazzo levers, Vesrah pads, Puig screen, R&G frame sliders / case covers / axle protector, Sargent seat, PC5 with Ivans fuel map and ECU reflash, Akrapovic full exhaust, forks and shock rebuilt by Traxxion Dynamics.

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page