Projects related to bike? - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 Old 06-15-2019, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

Projects related to bike?

Does anyone have anything going on? Any good mods, or maintenance as related to the bike? We had such a rain filled spring that I have nothing left.

Well, maybe one thing. I have that brembo rear caliper. Its performance is quite a bit better than stock, but I still believe its brake pads are shit. I think I'll invest the 45 second , today, and install the vesrah pads.

I hate to do this because I really will be finished. I'm still messing around with an idea to add the Vista cruise throttle lock. I'll do like I did, on the c14, and glue it to the throttle housing,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 06-15-2019, 10:25 AM

Garage
This is the first bike I've owned where I've pretty much done all the mods I wanted to do within the first year of ownership. Only thing left I want to do is the Traxxion AK-20 cartridges with upgraded springs for the fork and a Penske shock. That is unlikely to happen until year end bonus time. I'm currently 225lbs without gear, and 215lbs is my goal weight that will put me at like 15% bodyfat. So I will always be heavier than what the stock spring rates/valving is optimal for. I'm down 22lbs in the last 3 months, so that was a nice weight reduction mod. So my main focus is to lose that last 10lbs and get even lighter on the bike.

Aside from that, just riding to work every day, riding up to Laguna Seca for WSBK and MotoAmerica races next month, and then maybe joining some friends riding up around Yosemite and Mammoth Lakes end of Summer.
rcannon409 likes this.

2018 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - Akrapovič Racing Line Full Exhaust; BMC Air Filter; Corbin Saddle; CRG LS 2.2 Mirrors; Driven Grips; Driven PAIR Block Off Plates; Dunlop Q3+ Tires (190/55 rear); GPR V4S Steering Stabilizer; Kawasaki Frame Sliders; Mirror Block Offs; Moto Dynamic Fender Eliminator; Moto Dynamic Integrated Taillight; MRA Racing Double Bubble Screen; ProGrip Tank Pad; R&G Racing Engine Covers; Speedy Moto Tall Boy 50mm Clip Ons; Woolich ECU Tuning With Race Tools And Quickshifter.

Last edited by tyrmeltr; 06-15-2019 at 10:30 AM.
post #3 of 24 Old 06-15-2019, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Did you see this shock? https://www.ebay.com/itm/13-KAWASAKI...k/143144210914

Its been listed for a long time. I'll bet they would take less? Im not sure thats its a real "triple" but the double is usually closer to 1200.00, anyway so its not a horrible price.

This second shock sounds interesting but Im not sure anyone could service it? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yacugar-sho...frcectupt=true

I love my AK 20 cartridges. At one point I was going to revalve my stock parts. Ive done several dirt bikes, but there was pretty much zero information available as to valving and the AK20's made it so easy.......A great mod that complimented my bike in every way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 06-15-2019, 11:33 AM

Garage
Not one to put used parts on such a new bike. Especially don't buy used suspensions parts unless it's something for an old bike that is no longer available new. I can wait to do it right and get something that is set up right for me from the get go and doesn't need to be serviced before I would use it.
rcannon409 likes this.

2018 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - Akrapovič Racing Line Full Exhaust; BMC Air Filter; Corbin Saddle; CRG LS 2.2 Mirrors; Driven Grips; Driven PAIR Block Off Plates; Dunlop Q3+ Tires (190/55 rear); GPR V4S Steering Stabilizer; Kawasaki Frame Sliders; Mirror Block Offs; Moto Dynamic Fender Eliminator; Moto Dynamic Integrated Taillight; MRA Racing Double Bubble Screen; ProGrip Tank Pad; R&G Racing Engine Covers; Speedy Moto Tall Boy 50mm Clip Ons; Woolich ECU Tuning With Race Tools And Quickshifter.
post #5 of 24 Old 06-15-2019, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Nice job on your weight loss. I love my cartridges, and the shock is just as good. I do wish Penske had a good mount for our reservoir. They sort of leave that as an afterthought. Cooldaddygroove has a really nice mount that he made. I wish I could just buy one,
post #6 of 24 Old 06-15-2019, 08:08 PM

Lets see; I did LED headlights, have LED parking lights in the mail, used a soldering iron to cut holes in my fender to install hard case tandem grips (it actually worked really well), got a set of keys cut to go with the side cases I bought off of FastNinja, and plastidipped the green trim pieces on said cases to be flat black until the day comes that I do some color match paint for the trim, and then added a 12v adapter under the passenger seat to charge things. After that, no immediate plans other than loading up the cases and doing a week long trip from Oregon to Montana.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EAC75719-8B15-4CD2-80CA-74D9DF06CC69.jpg (101.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3252.jpg (172.9 KB, 9 views)
post #7 of 24 Old 06-15-2019, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcullum1995 View Post
Lets see; I did LED headlights, have LED parking lights in the mail, used a soldering iron to cut holes in my fender to install hard case tandem grips (it actually worked really well), got a set of keys cut to go with the side cases I bought off of FastNinja, and plastidipped the green trim pieces on said cases to be flat black until the day comes that I do some color match paint for the trim, and then added a 12v adapter under the passenger seat to charge things. After that, no immediate plans other than loading up the cases and doing a week long trip from Oregon to Montana.
Keep an eye out for the trim pieces on Ebay. I got my red ones as new takeoffs from a dealership at about half price and nothing wrong with them!

2016 Ninja 1000 w/ KQR Bags
V Stream tall Touring Screen
Sargent Seat

1990 ZX11C
post #8 of 24 Old 06-15-2019, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcannon409 View Post
Does anyone have anything going on? Any good mods, or maintenance as related to the bike? We had such a rain filled spring that I have nothing left.

Well, maybe one thing. I have that brembo rear caliper. Its performance is quite a bit better than stock, but I still believe its brake pads are shit. I think I'll invest the 45 second , today, and install the vesrah pads.

I hate to do this because I really will be finished. I'm still messing around with an idea to add the Vista cruise throttle lock. I'll do like I did, on the c14, and glue it to the throttle housing,
Kinda finished off my bike last winter with the Delkevik exhausts, Brembo rotors and HID headlights. This is the time of year to be riding, not fixing!
Just got back from 3k miles of PCH, Mulholland Hwy, Angeles Crest, Sierra Mountains 108, 88, (120 was closed), back north through Crater Lake, Mt. Hood, Mt. Adams, Ranier & Saint Helens. Got tired of reading about all the great So. Cal. roads and decided it was time to do something about it.
Visited Corbin so my buddy could get his seat customized for his bad back. Impressive place.

2014 Ninja w/bags, Motowerks lowered pegs, Seth Lamm Seat, Puig screen, Givi XS307 tank bag, WOLO BadBoy horn, LEDPerf H7C HID lights, Aerostitch Roadcrafter

Last edited by kenors; 06-15-2019 at 11:08 PM.
post #9 of 24 Old 06-15-2019, 11:41 PM

After my upcoming trip, I’ll be putting new tires on. Trying to decide between the Angel GT ii and the Road 5. Leaning toward the Angel GT since they seem a bit more sport oriented.
rcannon409 likes this.
post #10 of 24 Old 06-15-2019, 11:42 PM

Agree with Kenors. It's time to ride. I'll do a few little upgrades but nothing major. Small things that can be done without leaving my bikes out of service for more than a day.

Next week I'm taking my N1k in the Central Coast of California on a 1,500 mile ride.
rcannon409 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page