Owners manual and spare key - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 Old 05-22-2019, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
LBD

Owners manual and spare key

Checking if you all might know if there’s a process to obtain a second key (have just one) and an owner’s manual for my 2011. Just picked it up. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 05-22-2019, 10:06 AM

Garage
My guess is the key would be available through your local Kaw Dealer.

Try this for the manual.

Motorcycle Owners Manuals | MyBikeManuals.com ? Online Database of Motorcycle Manuals

When a man says he will fix something, then he will fix it. There’s no need to keep reminding him every 6 months.
New Jersey Sucks
post #3 of 24 Old 05-22-2019, 10:59 AM

The dealer will sell original Kawasaki key blanks and I believe most can cut them, as well. The bad part about this is the blanks are expensive. Figure 20-30.00 for each blank.

If you order these, its a lot cheaper. They have the Kawasaki logo, its just covered up. Once mine arrived, I went to the local locksmith and he cut them for 3.00, each.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5x-Blank-Ke...frcectupt=true

Same idea, just cheaper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 05-22-2019, 01:33 PM

Garage
In Houston I found a local lock Smith shop that carried the basic black key which I now have one hidden on the bike for a spare and carry another in pocket for a spare. Also ordered two from ebay that looks like the original and had them cut from the key code tag and sent to me. Work great and are locked up in the safe just in case. Part # kawasaki 27008-0069

6-25-2016, New 2015N1K, now w/43000 and updated regularly
Ivan's, Barringed up, Yoshi tail tidy, Akra header to a modified underbelly exhaust and Urban Brawlers, Profile bi lens LED projectors, white / amber switchback marker / blinker.
post #5 of 24 Old 05-23-2019, 12:05 AM

If you need a paper Owner's Manual, you can order one directly from Kawasaki for about $20. Electronic editions (PDF Format) are also available from them for free download.

As mentioned above, Keys are available from any Kawasaki Parts dealer (online or dealership), and any locksmith should be able to cut them for a few bucks. Shop around for best prices.
post #6 of 24 Old 05-26-2019, 03:34 PM

Surprisingly enough, ACE hardware stores carries Kawasaki blanks. $1.99 and I had my spare.
rcannon409 likes this.

2018 Ninja w/bags, Motowerks lowered pegs, Sargent Seat, Puig/Vstream screen, Givi XS307 tank bag, WOLO BadBoy horn, Aerostitch Roadcrafter
post #7 of 24 Old 05-26-2019, 07:04 PM

Kenors, of I remember correctly, the ace version is flat. No plastic. Perfect for a wallet back up.
post #8 of 24 Old 05-27-2019, 09:23 PM

That's correct, RC. The blank has no fat plastic handle. Also, the keys come in 2 lengths. The short one won't work in the ignition because it's sunk in a well but works great in the luggage and gas tank. I made a spare long shank key to go in a small pocket (heat shrink around it to minimize abrasion to the pocket) and 3 short keys so I can leave 2 in the cases and keep one in my tank bag I use in the gas tank. I mostly don't pull my ignition key out.
rcannon409 and LaxDfns15 like this.

2018 Ninja w/bags, Motowerks lowered pegs, Sargent Seat, Puig/Vstream screen, Givi XS307 tank bag, WOLO BadBoy horn, Aerostitch Roadcrafter
post #9 of 24 Old 05-28-2019, 09:50 AM

I never thought the back up key was anything worth worrying about. That changed when I broke the only key I had while closing the fuel cap. I was close to home, so I walked over and grabbed the spare. This would have been a disaster if I had not been so close.
post #10 of 24 Old 05-28-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenors View Post
Surprisingly enough, ACE hardware stores carries Kawasaki blanks. $1.99 and I had my spare.
Yep, this is where I got my spares made. Cheap enough that I put spares in my vehicles as well.

2011 N1K Black/Green
Custom 3D Printed Designs Here!
Custom 3D Printed Discussion Here!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page