cruise control - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 04-21-2019, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

cruise control

Anybody heard any rumors on when Kawasaki will finally offer cruise control on the Ninja 1000? With the electronic stability computer already included I'd have to think it would be practically no cost to add cruise? Does the Concours have cruise...and if so couldn't they just use the same unit? It's literally the only thing keeping the N1k from being the perfect bike for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 04-21-2019, 09:39 PM

Concours doesn't have cruise. Something about the type of throttle. Silliness...flagship tourer with no cruise.

Yet they put it on the H2SX...go figure!
post #3 of 18 Old 04-22-2019, 08:55 AM

I have a question, Boss Hogg....and welcome to the forum.

There's no confirmation that Kawasaki will do anything to the ninja 1000, so this is just for fun. Let's say Kawasaki does give it all the upgrades of the current versys 1000. I did not look at it much, but I THINK you only get cruise control on the more expensive Versys 1000se, and that bike is 17,999. Are you still interested in a ninja 1000 that costs that much? No doubt Kawasaki gives it everything else .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 04-22-2019, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome - I've been lurking unregistered for the past year. I'm shocked to hear the concours doesn't have cruise and yet the versys possibly does? But yeah in any case to answer your question - no I wouldn't be interested for that kind of price. But I'm also a tightwad so there's that. I mean I'm not even interested in the Ninja 1000 if it can't be had for under 10k...I was only seriously shopping them when I saw some deals in the 8k range for "nearly new". It's crazy how expensive bikes have gotten since I last bought one (2006 Ninja 650). The "adventure" bikes help in some regard - I have no interest in those but they also reduce demand (and price) on the bikes I actually do want.

To me it just seems like if the Ninja 1k already has the computer in it that monitors speed and movement it would/should be easy to add cruise. I did read an article last year where a reviewer asked Kawi about it and they said some nonsense like "the rider demographic is such that they don't really care about cruise".
post #5 of 18 Old 04-23-2019, 01:39 AM

That would be me. I'm probably in the minority but I wouldn't pay an extra nickel cruise control on a sporty bike. My smart-ass retort to those who want it on a sport bike is to get a better route planner. The Ninja ain't no freeway cruiser! IMHO, of course.

2014 Ninja w/bags, Motowerks lowered pegs, Seth Lamm Seat, Puig screen, Givi XS307 tank bag, WOLO BadBoy horn, LEDPerf H7C HID lights, Aerostitch Roadcrafter
post #6 of 18 Old 04-23-2019, 03:57 AM

I use a Go Cruise. Cost about $50 and is as useful as any cruise control. I'd never get an accessory electronic one installed after using it.
post #7 of 18 Old 04-23-2019, 08:44 AM

Garage
I also like the Go Cruise, In its second edition though with the Go Cruisr II. It's really just a throttle lock and not a cruise control by any meaning. None the less though a welcome relief to the wrist and after 2 1/2 years and close to 40000 miles of useing it I now sometimes engage it unconsciously.

6-25-2016, New 2015N1K, now w/43000 and updated regularly
Ivan's, Barringed up, Yoshi tail tidy, Akra header to a modified underbelly exhaust and Urban Brawlers, Profile bi lens LED projectors, white / amber switchback marker / blinker.
post #8 of 18 Old 04-23-2019, 09:54 AM

Ironically, two recent model bikes I've owned had cruise control and between 'em the c/c was engaged just once, for about five miles! It was the strange feeling of disconnection that made me switch it off.
kenors likes this.
post #9 of 18 Old 04-24-2019, 07:05 PM

I'd like electronic cruise someday, just for when I get stuck for a couple hours on the interstate... but the Throttlemeister throttle friction lock works... about all I really need for those times.

2017 N1K - had to have the monster green.
post #10 of 18 Old 04-30-2019, 04:09 PM

I have a 10 cramp buster and it works really good.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page