Attention Utah Members - Page 5 - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 45 Old 04-25-2019, 11:18 PM

Death By Bird

Make sure you don't wear a helmet. I recently read about a man and his wife killed by a vulture. The fellow was on his Harley riding with wife when a vulture hits him in the helmet-less head and he crashes the bike killing both. A terrigle tradgety for sure.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 45 Old 04-26-2019, 10:05 AM

SO far....a big nothing. Ive not seen anyone do this laneshare thing. I guess I need to be the first?

A few years back, my wife and I were on the concours 14. We drove by a small pond that is next to a freeway and a small flock of sparrows took off. Probably close to 100 birds, and 99 of them missed me. I took a shot off of the front lower edge of the helmet. An open face helmet would have let this bird hit my chin.

The bird was small, but it damn near tore my head off. We were at @ 70mph, and he was at full speed the opposite way.I though the cut me. I looked back at my wifes helmet, and it was covered in blood and feathers. No way did this bird weigh 1 lb or even close to that an dthis was unreal.

2012 Ninja 1000
post #43 of 45 Old 04-26-2019, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcannon409 View Post
SO far....a big nothing. Ive not seen anyone do this laneshare thing. I guess I need to be the first?
LOL, did you forget this already? ----->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalicke View Post
@rcannon409 Be careful it is not legal until May 14th. Here is a link to the Department of Public Safety.
https://dpsnews.utah.gov/utahs-new-l...pIdJDakAyMyENE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 45 Old 04-26-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcannon409 View Post
A few years back, my wife and I were on the concours 14. We drove by a small pond that is next to a freeway and a small flock of sparrows took off. Probably close to 100 birds, and 99 of them missed me. I took a shot off of the front lower edge of the helmet. An open face helmet would have let this bird hit my chin.

The bird was small, but it damn near tore my head off. We were at @ 70mph, and he was at full speed the opposite way.I though the cut me. I looked back at my wifes helmet, and it was covered in blood and feathers. No way did this bird weigh 1 lb or even close to that an dthis was unreal.
It doesn't take much. My incident involved a june bug. Have those in Utah? In Michigan they get a body about the size of a good sized grape and the exoskeleton is made of high grade steel. Anyway, caught one on the forehead @ about 55 mph (who had full face helmets in the 60's?) and ended up with a goose egg and bruise for a week! It nearly unseated me and caused a crash, probably more from surprise and pain than from inertia but still...

2014 Ninja w/bags, Motowerks lowered pegs, Seth Lamm Seat, Puig screen, Givi XS307 tank bag, WOLO BadBoy horn, LEDPerf H7C HID lights, Aerostitch Roadcrafter
post #45 of 45 Old 04-26-2019, 12:47 PM

Fly

Don"t mess with Dragon Flys ....their like miniture helicopters...took one in the chest near neck and it cut me....bug guts everywhere

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page