GB Racing covers.... - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By rcannon409
  • 1 Post By rcannon409
  • 1 Post By rcannon409

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 02-26-2019, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

GB Racing covers....

I noticed these are finally available for our bikes. Dont be fooled by that link from "solomoto" They have the "ninja 1000"covers/guards listed, but their part number matches up to the 2011 zx10r. They have been screwed up for at least 5 years....

I ordered mine direct from GB. I ordered them on sunday and they are arriving tomorrow, so the shipping is fast. Figure @ 225.00, including shipping, for the full kit (3 pieces)...and expect my current RG racing guards to be up for sale really soon.

https://www.gbracing.eu/newsdesk/%2A...3ftdpc09k1qug4
tyrmeltr likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-26-2019, 06:43 PM

Garage
A Facebook group member is in the UK and apparently had a hand in these coming to fruition. Of course they came out just a couple weeks after I installed the R&G ones. The GBs look much better. That said, I really wish Woodcraft made covers for our bikes. They are bombroof in comparison to any of these plastic covers.

2018 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - Akrapovič Racing Line Full Exhaust; BMC Air Filter; Corbin Saddle; CRG LS 2.2 Mirrors; Driven Grips; Driven PAIR Block Off Plates; Dunlop Q3+ Tires (190/55 rear); GPR V4S Steering Stabilizer; Kawasaki Frame Sliders; Mirror Block Offs; Moto Dynamic Fender Eliminator; Moto Dynamic Integrated Taillight; MRA Racing Double Bubble Screen; ProGrip Tank Pad; R&G Racing Engine Covers; Speedy Moto Tall Boy 50mm Clip Ons; Woolich ECU Tuning With Race Tools And Quickshifter.
post #3 of 8 Old 02-26-2019, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

I've been asking for them since about 2012., too. I wonder, are these REALLY for our bikes, or do these match the z900? I have the rg's, too, but...I've sent gb so many e mails they are the ones who sent m an email with the announcement. I felt obligated to order them

If so, that might make sense since it fits so many different bikes where before it was the z or versys....not much else?
tyrmeltr likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-27-2019, 02:07 AM

I wonder if we can do a group buy on these
post #5 of 8 Old 02-27-2019, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

You could e mail them? My contact there ( in october 2016) was Stef Cook and the e mail I had was:

[email protected]
post #6 of 8 Old 02-27-2019, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

The gb covers arrived, and they look really good. Having said that, I don't think they are a huge improvement over the rg covers. The th set does have the small cover, on the right side of the bike and the rg does not. Probably no big deal. If that ever hit, your so screwed it really does not matter.

This set does have "z1000sx" molded into the plastic, so its not as if it was designed for the other bikes. Overall, I'm pleased. If these score an 8, I'd have to give the rg a 7...Damn good, just not up to this level.
tyrmeltr likes this.
post #7 of 8 Old 02-27-2019, 08:10 PM

@rcannon409
I am Interested in buying your extra set.
I sent you a message via Facebook Messenger.
post #8 of 8 Old 02-27-2019, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalicke View Post
@rcannon409
I am Interested in buying your extra set.
I sent you a message via Facebook Messenger.
I'm probably too stupid to do the Facebook thing, but I'll pm you as soon as I make the switch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page