Heres that 15.00 dollar link......

https://www.ebay.com/itm/11-Kawasaki...u2R:rk:72:pf:0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 01-27-2019, 10:52 AM
57x

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcannon409 View Post
How does that link work for you? The OEM link has needle bearings, so I wonder if no bearings in that would make the swingarm drag. I would also be worried about wear over time. I guess if greased on a regular basis it could be ok?
post #13 of 15 Old 01-27-2019, 11:32 AM

I did not run mine for a long time. T rex makes them, as I recall. Maybe 1000 miles? I ended up selling it to my friend Jay (Manricing). He used it for a while. Hes no longer with us, so I dont know how durable it was, long term. It has those heim joints in each end, so there is some type of bearing, just not like stock. They looked a LOT like Toyota car steering link joints.....As far as feel, I really dont have that much experience with just it, by itself. I had a stock shock revalved so it was only on my "stock" bike for about 3 weeks, but the suspension action felt good. Nothing was binding.

I liked it because it was a cheap way to experiment. Once I ride with it, I knew I liked the added height and made sure the shock I bought had this feature. There was a sweet spot where the bike just felt right.
rummaggio likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 Old 01-31-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNNinja1000 View Post
Hi All,

I have a 2017 and am wanting to quicken the steering. Ive already changed to a 190/55 rear tire so Im contemplating raising the forks. Im wondering if anyone has raised their forks, by how much, and if you had any clearance issues? Im a more sport oriented rider and accordingly like to use every bit of available clearance when at lean. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated!
Before you adjust your forks, check you rebound compression on them. More rebound makes the bike stand out of the corners faster... makes the handling in corners quicker. Check out Dave Moss Tuning on Youtube. I spent an afternoon getting both my N1K's suspension tuned. Night and day! Also, if you change the geometry of by raising or lowering the forks, you will need to assess the rear setup as well. Is your suspension still in balance? Again, Dave Moss Tuning. Can't recommend his stuff enough.
post #15 of 15 Old 01-31-2019, 11:04 PM
57x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrenchie View Post
Before you adjust your forks, check you rebound compression on them. More rebound makes the bike stand out of the corners faster... makes the handling in corners quicker. Check out Dave Moss Tuning on Youtube. I spent an afternoon getting both my N1K's suspension tuned. Night and day! Also, if you change the geometry of by raising or lowering the forks, you will need to assess the rear setup as well. Is your suspension still in balance? Again, Dave Moss Tuning. Can't recommend his stuff enough.
I am very confused with what you call rebound compression. I guess maybe you mean rebound AND compression? Terms I see used:
Spring Preload
Compression damping
Rebound damping

I cannot see how additional rebound damping would help corner entry or exit. I agree rebound needs to be managed, but too fast or too slow can both be bad.

At corner entry you are on compression side.
In the corner you are either still on compression, doing trail braking or getting the bike to somewhat settle if you are neutral in power
Corner exit would be worse with lots of rebound damping as you may still be compressed depending on your corner approach/technique, and more rebound damping will keep the fork down.

Please let me know what I am missing.
trialsguy likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page