What's this wire for? - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 11-10-2018, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
What's this wire for?

I took off my seat to install power lead for my electric jacket. I noticed this wire under the passenger seat. What is it for and anybody using it for an accessory?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-10-2018, 08:50 PM

Garage
Check and see if its hot when you hit the brake lever. Thats my guess anyway as
I found a set in the back that was connected to the brake circuit. Might be a black with a yellow strip very near by.

6-25-2016, New 2015N1K, now w/38000 and updated regularly
Ivan's, Barringed up, Yoshi tail tidy, Akra header to a modified underbelly exhaust and Urban Brawlers, Profile bi lens LED projectors, white / amber switchback marker / blinker.
post #3 of 6 Old 11-10-2018, 10:18 PM

Garage
I think i remember reading a previous post about this being a connection to the ABS system.

2014 N1K: Woodcraft 2 inch riser clip-ons, Akrapovic full exhaust system, 2011 modified air box, BMC air filter, Driven block off plates, G2 quick turn throttle with Y025 cam, 190/55 rear tire, bar end mirrors, Spencer Moto Care seat, Puig windscreen, Yoshi Tail Tidy, USB charger, frame sliders
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 11-11-2018, 09:50 AM

My 2012, non abs bike has this wire, too. No surprise as I believe all the bikes use the same wiring harness. When I put a meter on mine, it was only 2v or 4v.....something really low, and not enough power to do anything with.

2012 Ninja 1000
post #5 of 6 Old 11-11-2018, 11:54 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Hixon View Post
I took off my seat to install power lead for my electric jacket. I noticed this wire under the passenger seat. What is it for and anybody using it for an accessory?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Although not 100% as I've not had a chance to test it @FastNinja may be on to something. As you can see in the diagram there is a gray wire for testing the ABS and we all know there were pre 14 bikes being built with ABS so maybe that's why Its on yours too @rcannon409. You now Kawasaki likes to keep it universal if it can save them a dime, and under 5 volts is common for test ports and sensors.
Just my 2 cents on a Sunday and something to search into farther.
Attached Images
File Type: png SINGLE GRAY WIRE.PNG (19.7 KB, 3 views)

6-25-2016, New 2015N1K, now w/38000 and updated regularly
Ivan's, Barringed up, Yoshi tail tidy, Akra header to a modified underbelly exhaust and Urban Brawlers, Profile bi lens LED projectors, white / amber switchback marker / blinker.
post #6 of 6 Old 11-11-2018, 12:05 PM

I think you are correct,and I believe there is something in the abs test section that talks about this wire. Yes again on it being just under 5v.....If I remember correctly, there is not a dedicated fuse for it, ether.

2012 Ninja 1000

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page