Bye Bye N1K, Hello H2 SX SE - Page 6 - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 122 Old 05-07-2018, 07:29 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57x View Post
A full system and tune could be crazy on this bike. Hell, I know a guy that is getting near 270 to the tire on the standard H2 (not H2R).
At a bike night in Houston I meet a h2 owner who had done a SC drive gear, full system, installed a intercooler and tuned. Think he ran out fuel pump at around 250 and that was next on his list.

6-25-2016, New 2015N1K, now w/43000 and updated regularly
Ivan's, Barringed up, Yoshi tail tidy, Akra header to a modified underbelly exhaust and Urban Brawlers, Profile bi lens LED projectors, white / amber switchback marker / blinker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 122 Old 05-07-2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57x View Post
It is not like a "normal" bike where things get optimized for a few horsepower. Kawasaki clearly electronically restricted this bike, as seen by people only taking away the crap and getting 40hp. I think there is even more to gain as all the current charts are with stock exhaust. A full system and tune could be crazy on this bike. Hell, I know a guy that is getting near 270 to the tire on the standard H2 (not H2R).

Exactly, and to me, thats whats so exciting about this machine. Its still good, while being 100% emissions compliant.

Of course, a 250 hp, 1000cc bike will be tons of fun, but its way overpowered for any sort of normal use. Fun, but not at all necessary.

But, a 500cc, 125 hp bike would not fit in this category. Maybe we will see that? Or, an 800cc version. Anything is possible.

Once Kawasaki gets into their 3rd, or 4th generation of this motor it will get lighter and smaller.
post #53 of 122 Old 05-07-2018, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
57x

I am hopeful they will do this to the Ninja 650. Rumor is the ZX6R will be killed off because of Euro4 and Kawi is thinking of some major upgrades for the Ninja 650. Either that or add one to the 400 and give us a light 100hp bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 122 Old 05-07-2018, 12:15 PM

It would be pretty cool if they made a 140hp 400cc-500cc SC'd sport bike weighing about 300-350lbs. I'd buy it as a track bike in a heartbeat!
post #55 of 122 Old 05-07-2018, 05:12 PM
DeV

Garage
.....the flash would probably be murder on an H2 SX.....Ivan would need to recoup his cash for the bike.....and he'd know that the market would be kinda slim on ppl who can afford the bike.....only ballers like 57x have that kind of dough....so he'd hit them up for like 750 on a flash.....cuz he spends that much at an arcade on the weekend....
Avintage69 likes this.

2016 N1K - Spark Black, Metallic Gray

Taylor33 Reflective Rim Tape, Urban Brawlers, Gear Indicator, Shogun Frame Sliders, Passenger Grip, Two-Tone levers, Mo-Door Opener, Puig Dark Smoke Windscreen, anodized green bolts, Mini Spools, Sargent & Kawasaki Gel Seats, XKGlow LED kit w/smartbrake, optiMATE phone charger, 2-Way Alarm, XK Glow LED headlights, N1K & DeV Inner Rim Stickers, HVMP ex heavy bar ends, RAM mount X grip, Kawi seat bag, Ivan's Flash, BMC air filter, LED signals and relay
post #56 of 122 Old 05-10-2018, 11:39 AM
DeV

Garage
@57x when you get bored with your new toy, sell it to me at a super discounted rate in 2 years

2016 N1K - Spark Black, Metallic Gray

Taylor33 Reflective Rim Tape, Urban Brawlers, Gear Indicator, Shogun Frame Sliders, Passenger Grip, Two-Tone levers, Mo-Door Opener, Puig Dark Smoke Windscreen, anodized green bolts, Mini Spools, Sargent & Kawasaki Gel Seats, XKGlow LED kit w/smartbrake, optiMATE phone charger, 2-Way Alarm, XK Glow LED headlights, N1K & DeV Inner Rim Stickers, HVMP ex heavy bar ends, RAM mount X grip, Kawi seat bag, Ivan's Flash, BMC air filter, LED signals and relay
post #57 of 122 Old 05-10-2018, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
57x

Yep. No problem. $21,995 and it is all yours.
post #58 of 122 Old 05-15-2018, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
57x

Ok, @DeV,
I finally rode the H2 SX SE at night (well almost dark anyway). Ignore the dang Adaptive Cornering Lights, the headlight on this thing is spectacular. The cornering lights are an added bonus. The standard light reaches well into the corner and the cornering lights add more just outside-top top of the standard light.

There is a "goofy" dummy panel in the right opening next to the headlight. When I pull the fairings to install a full exhaust system, I plan to make a mounting plate to hold a running light in that location. Yeah, it will be equally "goofy" but it should make the already great lighting on this thing even better.
rcannon409 and DeV like this.
post #59 of 122 Old 05-20-2018, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
57x

How can you not love this thing. 450 miles yesterday into Death Valley National Park. The bags we WAY overloaded. No sore butt. Hell, no sore anything. I averaged 52 MPG. Cruise control is fantastic. I finished the ride today with a short trip from there to Vegas.
Ivabign likes this.
post #60 of 122 Old 05-20-2018, 08:31 PM

Garage
@57x, riding with a 18 N1K deep into the night I have much respect for Kawasaki switching to LEDs. With my LED projectors and his it was amazing what and how far I could see.

6-25-2016, New 2015N1K, now w/43000 and updated regularly
Ivan's, Barringed up, Yoshi tail tidy, Akra header to a modified underbelly exhaust and Urban Brawlers, Profile bi lens LED projectors, white / amber switchback marker / blinker.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page