Bye Bye N1K, Hello H2 SX SE - Page 3 - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 35Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 164 Old 04-18-2018, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
57x
Senior Member
 
57x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Central Coast, CA
Posts: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
The four things I just could not get over:

1) Seat (and yes, I tried many others including Sargent, Kawi Gel, Corbin, and then back to the stocker)
2) Stupid ass axle adjusters. There is just no way to get the rear wheel square in these bikes
3) Shock. Terrible shock, and there are really no simple alternatives since the N1K shock is so damn long.
4) Transmission. They put such a nice transmission in the Versys, why can they not put it into the N1K?????


Congrats on the new bike, may i ask what year n1k you got rid of?
Can anyone give me their view on points 2 and 4 please. Im considering a 2017/18 n1k and am curious to know if others have the same opinion.
Cheers,
Bane.
I had a 2014 N1K. I also had a 2011 Z1000.

I don't want to bash the N1K as it is a good compromise bike. Good handling, decent power, good wind protection with an aftermarket windscreen. I just could never get comfortable on that seat, and I ride a lot of miles when I do. Mine was never a commuter bike. I would throw the bags on and ride in the Sierra mountains here in California, putting 400-500 miles during a long weekend. There are many others that are fine with seat options, so I guess my ass it just picky. My girlfried has a 2015 N1K and she put on a Air Hog pad on the seat and it solved her issues. She is not as power crazy as I am, and I am the one that does all the maintenance so she never knows about it until I start bitching about it.
57x is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 164 Old 04-18-2018, 06:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: SE TN
Posts: 5,282
If you got a go-pro makes us a riding clip where we can see what that puppy sounds like

2012 N1000 spark bl and gray ABS
Tail tidy
Urban brawlers
V/h DB killers sitting on the shelf collecting dust
Givi rack and topcase
Puig smoked wind screen
oem gel seat set
Rascal grafiks tank pad
Grip puppies
SW Motech ninja 1000 quick connect gps mount with navi bag
2014 air filter and holey bottom plate
Go Cruise Throttle lock
Ivans ECU flash
Bridgestone S21's
Mark59 is online now  
post #23 of 164 Old 04-18-2018, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
57x
Senior Member
 
57x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Central Coast, CA
Posts: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark59 View Post
If you got a go-pro makes us a riding clip where we can see what that puppy sounds like
It's a fricken Prius. The only sounds you hear and the supercharger clicking and the blow-off valve chug when you abruptly close the throttly. I will have a pipe soon enough. I don't need loud, but I also don't need a Prius.
PeteBKK and DeV like this.
57x is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 164 Old 04-19-2018, 09:16 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: CT
Posts: 305
extremely jelly... hope to swap mine out for one in the not so distant future

2013 White Ninja 1000
Ivan's Reflash | BMC Filter | Akra Full Exhuast
Koso Heated Grips | Baldwin Custom Seats
CustomLED Integrated Taillight | SW Motech Sliders | Givi Top Case
scubasteve711 is offline  
post #25 of 164 Old 04-19-2018, 01:19 PM
Member
 
Night Hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 97
That is one sweet bike

Former Bikes
Ninja 1000 (Crashed and trashed)

Ninja 650
Can Am Spyder F3
Honda Interceptor
Honda Nighthawk 750
Night Hawk is offline  
post #26 of 164 Old 04-19-2018, 02:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NY- Hudson Valley
Posts: 3,474
Garage
57x how big are you? Not as how hung but what inseam?
I sort of had all the complaints as you with the Ninja except I had leg cramp/pain from the cramped cockpit Is the H2 more roomy? I have a 34" inseam and am a little thick so being cramped for more than a half hour really gets to me allot.
You have piequed my curiosity with this bike.
DeV likes this.
Rock is online now  
post #27 of 164 Old 04-19-2018, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
57x
Senior Member
 
57x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Central Coast, CA
Posts: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
57x how big are you? Not as how hung but what inseam?
I sort of had all the complaints as you with the Ninja except I had leg cramp/pain from the cramped cockpit Is the H2 more roomy? I have a 34" inseam and am a little thick so being cramped for more than a half hour really gets to me allot.
You have piequed my curiosity with this bike.
I am all body, so no arms or legs. 5'11" with a 31" inseam. The pegs are even higher on the H2 SX. I like high pegs, and with no legs I am not cramped. The seat on the H2 SX is even lower than the N1K, and exaggerated with the wider seat on the H2 SX. The pegs on the H2 SX are also a bit more forward than my liking. I will eventually get some rearsets to move them back, but doubt I will change the height.

My bigger issue is I have a the torso of a 6'3" guy, so I bitch about wind protection more. It is why I absolutely hated the ZX14. I felt like I was going to be tossed off it by the wind. The wind protection with the stock windscreen on the SE model (2" taller than the lower model) is acceptable, but I will still get a taller windscreen when they become available. Puig is currently the only option, and I just think their angular design is just ugly.
57x is online now  
post #28 of 164 Old 04-19-2018, 05:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NY- Hudson Valley
Posts: 3,474
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57x View Post
I am all body, so no arms or legs. 5'11" with a 31" inseam. The pegs are even higher on the H2 SX. I like high pegs, and with no legs I am not cramped. The seat on the H2 SX is even lower than the N1K, and exaggerated with the wider seat on the H2 SX. The pegs on the H2 SX are also a bit more forward than my liking. I will eventually get some rearsets to move them back, but doubt I will change the height.

My bigger issue is I have a the torso of a 6'3" guy, so I bitch about wind protection more. It is why I absolutely hated the ZX14. I felt like I was going to be tossed off it by the wind. The wind protection with the stock windscreen on the SE model (2" taller than the lower model) is acceptable, but I will still get a taller windscreen when they become available. Puig is currently the only option, and I just think their angular design is just ugly.
Thanks for the insight. I see kawi lists it as a higher seat height but that doesn't mean the pegs aren't closer to the rider. that's dissapointing. that's a deal breaker for me. More forward then the Ninja is also bad, but you can get rear-sets as you say.


I'm the opposite of you, I'm all limbs and no neck so at 6' I have the arms and legs of a 6'1"-6'1 1/2" tall person. The wind protection is probably okay for me given that is is almsot for you, but the pegs are not okay. In looking at the bike and that exhaust would get in the way of moving the pegs. That heat sheild is right behind the right pet. The exhaust would have to go.


Great looking bike and very tempting, but might be a bit expesnive for me to get right. Glad it suits you. Please post of pic if you can once you find a solution to the pegs.
Rock is online now  
post #29 of 164 Old 04-19-2018, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
57x
Senior Member
 
57x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Central Coast, CA
Posts: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Thanks for the insight. I see kawi lists it as a higher seat height but that doesn't mean the pegs aren't closer to the rider. that's dissapointing. that's a deal breaker for me. More forward then the Ninja is also bad, but you can get rear-sets as you say.


I'm the opposite of you, I'm all limbs and no neck so at 6' I have the arms and legs of a 6'1"-6'1 1/2" tall person. The wind protection is probably okay for me given that is is almsot for you, but the pegs are not okay. In looking at the bike and that exhaust would get in the way of moving the pegs. That heat sheild is right behind the right pet. The exhaust would have to go.


Great looking bike and very tempting, but might be a bit expesnive for me to get right. Glad it suits you. Please post of pic if you can once you find a solution to the pegs.
It is so funny how they measure things. I am just barely flat footed in my riding boots on the N1K and have my knees slightly bent on the H2 SX SE. The seat is a bit narrower on the standard H2 SX (non-SE), so my knees are even more bent on that one. I can flat foot the H2 SX in street shoes which have a smaller heal. They also make a lower seat for both models.
57x is online now  
post #30 of 164 Old 04-19-2018, 07:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NY- Hudson Valley
Posts: 3,474
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57x View Post
It is so funny how they measure things. I am just barely flat footed in my riding boots on the N1K and have my knees slightly bent on the H2 SX SE. The seat is a bit narrower on the standard H2 SX (non-SE), so my knees are even more bent on that one. I can flat foot the H2 SX in street shoes which have a smaller heal. They also make a lower seat for both models.
Makes you wonder what the heck they're measuring. Unsprung I guess. but still the suspension on the H2 should not be softer than the Ninja so is it jsut the extra plushness of the seat that flattens out when you're on it? I bet that's half of it. Amazing that the H2 is that much tighter.
Rock is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome