"Ergo-Fit Reduced Reach Seat"? Any experience? - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 09-08-2017, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

"Ergo-Fit Reduced Reach Seat"? Any experience?

Has anyone purchased or tried the Kawasaki Ergo-Fit Seat on the N1K? And if so, how does it compare to stock seat? An 8mm reduction in height is not much (5/16"), but the narrowed front might be nice.

From the website: "ERGO-FIT™ reduced reach seat reduces the seat height 8mm and has a narrowed front, facilitating the reach to the ground for increased confidence and comfort.
The seat leather is the same cold-resistant, high-elasticity-type material used on the standard seats."

Thanks, and any other suggestions for non-OEM seats would be appreciated.

Yippie-yi-yo-ki-yay, ki-yay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 09-11-2017, 12:58 PM
57x

I have tried them all, except this Ergo-Fit. I am back to the stock seat. I have a pile of other seats if you want to grab one. I have a Sargent, Kawi Gel and a Corbin. All are taller than OEM, and frankly suck! What a great salesperson I am, eh?
post #3 of 18 Old 09-18-2017, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiYiYo View Post
Has anyone purchased or tried the Kawasaki Ergo-Fit Seat on the N1K? And if so, how does it compare to stock seat? An 8mm reduction in height is not much (5/16"), but the narrowed front might be nice.

From the website: "ERGO-FIT™ reduced reach seat reduces the seat height 8mm and has a narrowed front, facilitating the reach to the ground for increased confidence and comfort.
The seat leather is the same cold-resistant, high-elasticity-type material used on the standard seats."

Thanks, and any other suggestions for non-OEM seats would be appreciated.
I don't have one and haven't tried one, but I'm wondering what part of the seat they are measuring that 8mm height change at. It looks like that seat has a bit more 'dish' to it than the standard seat, and then with the narrower front...if the front is the same height as standard, and it has a real dish to it, it might help prevent sliding forward into the tank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 09-18-2017, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57x View Post
I have tried them all, except this Ergo-Fit. I am back to the stock seat. I have a pile of other seats if you want to grab one. I have a Sargent, Kawi Gel and a Corbin. All are taller than OEM, and frankly suck! What a great salesperson I am, eh?
I'm leaning quite strongly toward getting a Sargent, what did you not like about it?
post #5 of 18 Old 09-18-2017, 03:37 PM
DeV

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57x View Post
I'd be interested in trying out the gel seat...

2016 N1K - Spark Black, Metallic Gray

Taylor33 Reflective Rim Tape, Urban Brawlers, Gear Indicator, Shogun Frame Sliders, Passenger Grip, Two-Tone levers, Mo-Door Opener, Puig Dark Smoke Windscreen, anodized green bolts, Mini Spools, Sargent & Kawasaki Gel Seats, XKGlow LED kit w/smartbrake, optiMATE phone charger, 2-Way Alarm, XK Glow LED headlights, N1K & DeV Inner Rim Stickers, HVMP ex heavy bar ends, RAM mount X grip, Kawi seat bag, Ivan's Flash, BMC air filter, LED signals and relay
post #6 of 18 Old 09-18-2017, 05:14 PM
57x

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampedingTurtles View Post
I'm leaning quite strongly toward getting a Sargent, what did you not like about it?
To me, the Sargent pushes you back in the saddle, plus is a lot taller. I have short legs and was tired of tip-toe stops for all three of these. Again, in addition, I did not like how the Sargent forces you to sit further back. If you have longer legs and arms this may be a gain for you.
post #7 of 18 Old 09-19-2017, 02:37 PM
57x

That was quick. The Sargent and Kawi Gel seats are sold. I still have the Corbins, but it is for a 2011 Z1000 I had. Not sure if it fits the same model Ninja 1000. It connects different than the '14 Ninja 1000 and has a smaller pillion seat.

I have an ad up for these in the For Sale - Wanted section with pics. I goofed up and put them in the wrong section, and finding a Mod around here proves difficult at best. If anyone can help me get that post moved I would greatly appreciate it.
post #8 of 18 Old 06-08-2019, 05:15 PM

Any updates? Anyone try out this new ergo seat yet??
post #9 of 18 Old 06-08-2019, 10:18 PM

I have the 2018 ergo fit oem seat on my 2015 and it fits. The reach is noticeable because of the thinner nose on the west. Made me buy some motowerk footpeg because of the low seat.
post #10 of 18 Old 06-08-2019, 11:08 PM

Any idea how much it lowered your feet overall???

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page