Swapped to Puig Racing windscreen - Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum
 20Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 43 Unread 10-26-2019, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

Swapped to Puig Racing windscreen

Swapped the OEM windscreen on my 2017 Ninja 1000 for the Puig Racing (Dark Smoked) screen. I like the way it turned out. I forgot to really test it. It seemed like the middle height setting on the stock one worked the best for wind deflection for me. Tomorrow I’ll get out on the road and compare how this one does.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 4ADCA6EC-3BE3-43EC-97BA-E9E8573587AF.jpeg (430.6 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpeg F80EFEF7-18B2-4AD9-840F-6CF35EED2156.jpeg (295.0 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpeg 4E0B7595-DE8A-46E5-AE50-5B3A037C0A64.jpeg (315.5 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpeg AFABD84B-FB7D-44CB-9BA6-F0F358CCACC6.jpeg (401.7 KB, 36 views)
jr_tx and N1KLife like this.

2017 Ninja 1000 ABS Metallic Spark Black/Metallic Graphite Gray: Motodynamic Fender Delete and Sequential Tail Light, Kawasaki Frame Sliders, and Crankcase Protector Kit, TechSpec Tank Pad and Tank Grips, Puig Racing Dark Smoked windscreen.

Last edited by N1K1LE; 10-26-2019 at 11:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 Unread 10-26-2019, 11:14 PM

Looks good, I put one of those on my bike and the daughters bike, I like the looks of the puig the best it compliments the bikes for sure.
N1K1LE likes this.

2012 N1000 spark bl and gray ABS
Tail tidy
Urban brawlers
V/h DB killers sitting on the shelf collecting dust
Givi rack and topcase
Puig smoked wind screen
oem gel seat set
Rascal grafiks tank pad
Grip puppies
SW Motech ninja 1000 quick connect gps mount with navi bag
2014 air filter and holey bottom plate
Go Cruise Throttle lock
Ivans ECU flash
Bridgestone S21's
post #3 of 43 Unread 10-27-2019, 06:23 PM

Garage
Looks great, i ordered the same one a few days ago and it is on it's way, can't wait to fit it on my bike.
N1K1LE likes this.

Life is short, just buy the bike.

2016 1000sx
Akrapovic 4-1 full exhaust, Evotech radiator guard, Puig dark smoke racing screen, OEM Gel seat, Techspec tank grips,Dunlop roadsmart 3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 Unread 10-27-2019, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Iím not going to get to ride today and compare the two wind screens. I did a couple of miles yesterday as an errand on city streets on the lowest setting and it seemed fine, but the real test will be highway. On the highway the OEM screen blasted me in the face shield on the lowest setting. The medium setting seemed best. The highest setting created a buffeting effect that was bad. Iím hoping the Puig performs better, since it looks good on the bike and isnít as prone to scratching as the OEM shield.

2017 Ninja 1000 ABS Metallic Spark Black/Metallic Graphite Gray: Motodynamic Fender Delete and Sequential Tail Light, Kawasaki Frame Sliders, and Crankcase Protector Kit, TechSpec Tank Pad and Tank Grips, Puig Racing Dark Smoked windscreen.
post #5 of 43 Unread 10-31-2019, 11:52 AM

Any update on this? I'm planning on replacing the stock one this spring, the buffeting off the OEM kinda sucks... I don't want a full touring type one as I like to have it down on the low setting in the summer in the heat and at lower speeds, but have a little better wind protection for cold mornings on the ride into work down the highway.

2013 White Ninja 1000
Ivan's Reflash | BMC Filter | Akra Full Exhuast
Koso Heated Grips | Baldwin Custom Seats
CustomLED Integrated Taillight | SW Motech Sliders | Givi Top Case
post #6 of 43 Unread 10-31-2019, 12:55 PM

I put the Puig on my 14 and it is much better then stock. Low and middle settings provide clean non-turbulent air without a ton of wind noise and the high setting is not perfect but way better then stock and is actually usable in cold or rain conditions without the buffeting.
jr_tx and N1K1LE like this.
post #7 of 43 Unread 11-01-2019, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve711 View Post
Any update on this? I'm planning on replacing the stock one this spring, the buffeting off the OEM kinda sucks... I don't want a full touring type one as I like to have it down on the low setting in the summer in the heat and at lower speeds, but have a little better wind protection for cold mornings on the ride into work down the highway.
Sorry, the weather has been terrible around here, and Iíve been working long hours. The weekend is looking good, so I should get a chance to test the new shield.

post #8 of 43 Unread 11-01-2019, 05:09 PM

Puig rocks on the '14 N1k.

No idea what issue you're trying to correct, or we have the same taste in airflow. For me it's Puig.
post #9 of 43 Unread 11-01-2019, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_tx View Post
Puig rocks on the '14 N1k.

No idea what issue you're trying to correct, or we have the same taste in airflow. For me it's Puig.
I wanted a little more protection from the wind, less buffeting and a better look for the bike.

post #10 of 43 Unread 11-01-2019, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

So I went out for some ďspiritedĒ riding tonight for fun and to get a feel for the new Puig Racing windshield. This is obviously subjective opinion after only about 20 miles of mixed highway/city. Keep in mind I was in cool weather clothes so basically no skin was exposed since it was 45 degrees Fahrenheit out there, and after dark. I also had my top vents on my helmet closed, so my perception of where the wind was striking me at the various settings may be slightly skewed. I did hit some relatively high speeds though.

1. On the lowest setting the Puig seemed to match the OEM on the medium setting for protection and practically no buffeting.
2. On the medium setting the Puig seemed great as well. There didnít seem to be a huge difference in feel from the low to medium settings, so I will probably stay on low more with the Puig.
3. On the highest setting the Puig seemed to create less buffeting at highway speeds, although a lot more than on the medium and lowest settings which were smooth as glass. I think Iíd reserve the highest setting for rain riding only.
4. The Puig dark smoked racing screen looks WAY better than the OEM.

In my opinion so far I would say it was well worth the price on looks alone, but the performance over the OEM unit seems to be outstanding. I donít think Iím sugar coating it too much, but if upon further riding and many more miles I feel differently, or notice more points worth mentioning Iíll come back and chime in again. This weekend is supposed to be perfect riding weather so...
scubasteve711 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in