• 1 Post By Ndv21
  • 5 Post By Bikram
  • 1 Post By sdkoskey
  • 1 Post By Bikram
  • 1 Post By Mark59

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 10-17-2019, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Auxiliary Lights

On the 2017+ Z1000, has anyone been able to add additional lights? Not referring to the flashy LED strips, but actual lights for night riding. I'm trying to look for where to mount additional lighting and the only thing I can come up with would be using the mirror mounts to somehow add a bracket. Just haven't found anything commercially yet. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Bc2 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-17-2019, 09:18 PM
Bc2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndv21 View Post
On the 2017+ Z1000, has anyone been able to add additional lights? Not referring to the flashy LED strips, but actual lights for night riding. I'm trying to look for where to mount additional lighting and the only thing I can come up with would be using the mirror mounts to somehow add a bracket. Just haven't found anything commercially yet. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Denali has some lights that mount to your forks. Also, I heard mounting to forks could be problematic? I like the idea of mounting to your mirror brackets. Even though my 2017 N1K has best rated LEDs in class, I ride a lot at night and any additional light is a good thing.

Bc2
post #3 of 9 Old 10-18-2019, 09:15 AM

While not "headlights", these lights from Skene sure do make you more visible to traffic, especially with their unique flicker feature when viewed at an angle. Mounted to the front fender I don't see how there could ever be a problem.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 10-19-2019, 08:43 AM

Yes, the base of the mirror is the best place to mount the aux lights. You will need to fabricate a simple 'L' shaped iron bracket, twist the horizontal 'leg' of the 'L' bracket a bit and mount the aux lights on that. Attaching pics of the mount I got on my bike for the Baja S2 Pro aux lights.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Baja S2 Pro 1.JPG (79.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Baja S2 Pro 2.JPG (75.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Baja S2 Pro 3.JPG (76.7 KB, 22 views)
rcannon409, trialsguy, Bc2 and 2 others like this.

2016 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
G&G Moto2 exhaust cans + Akrapovic exhaust header
Rapid Bike Evo fuel controller + YouTune
BMC filter
Traxxion Dynamics front forks kit + Penske shock
Hyperpro RSC Steering Damper
Rotobox Carbon Fibre 300ST Wheels
Brembo 19RCS Corsa Corta master cylinder
HEL steel brake lines
Vesrah ZZ brake pads
Rizoma tail tidy
Baja S2 Pro auxiliary lights
Kawasaki OEM Gel Seat
HVMP bar-end weights
Shogun frame sliders
Evotech Radiator Guard
post #5 of 9 Old 10-19-2019, 09:50 AM

Garage
I mounted mine to the forks but I can tell you that they would be MUCH more effective mounted to the mirrors.
trialsguy likes this.

Scott in Omaha, NE
2015 Ninja 1000 - Metallic Sparkle Black and Copper
post #6 of 9 Old 10-19-2019, 03:55 PM

Bikram, this is the best mounting for aux lighting I've ever seen on a Ninja. I might not do it but this kind of thing is why I cruise the forums. Fabricating the bracket is probably beyond many of our capabilities but kudos for a great idea!

2018 Ninja w/bags, Motowerks lowered pegs, Sargent Seat, Puig/Vstream screen, Givi XS307 tank bag, WOLO BadBoy horn, Aerostitch Roadcrafter
post #7 of 9 Old 10-20-2019, 04:18 AM

Kenors, I agree about the forum being a great place to learn... Iíve gained so much knowledge, ideas about modding motorcycles. Iíll tell you a secret - back in 2014 Iíd bought the Ninja 650 and was puzzled when it didnít sound right compared to bikes of other riders Iíd ride with. After a couple of such rides it dawned on me that there is a fundamental difference between the sound of a twin and an in-line four... I didnít know a thing about engines and cylinder configuration, LOL!! Finally I set my Ďmistakeí right when I bought the Ninja 1000... now THAT sounded right, LOL!! Joining this forum is what got me to where I am today so, thank you, guys!
N1K1LE likes this.

2016 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
G&G Moto2 exhaust cans + Akrapovic exhaust header
Rapid Bike Evo fuel controller + YouTune
BMC filter
Traxxion Dynamics front forks kit + Penske shock
Hyperpro RSC Steering Damper
Rotobox Carbon Fibre 300ST Wheels
Brembo 19RCS Corsa Corta master cylinder
HEL steel brake lines
Vesrah ZZ brake pads
Rizoma tail tidy
Baja S2 Pro auxiliary lights
Kawasaki OEM Gel Seat
HVMP bar-end weights
Shogun frame sliders
Evotech Radiator Guard
post #8 of 9 Old 10-21-2019, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldaddygroove View Post
While not "headlights", these lights from Skene sure do make you more visible to traffic, especially with their unique flicker feature when viewed at an angle. Mounted to the front fender I don't see how there could ever be a problem.
I agree. I have these lights on my FJR and they are great for being more visible, but not for lighting up the road. I do a LOT of night riding and I have 2 sets of aux lights on my FJR. I'd at least want something similar on the Ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikram View Post
Yes, the base of the mirror is the best place to mount the aux lights. You will need to fabricate a simple 'L' shaped iron bracket, twist the horizontal 'leg' of the 'L' bracket a bit and mount the aux lights on that. Attaching pics of the mount I got on my bike for the Baja S2 Pro aux lights.
Thats exactly what I have pictured in my mind! If only I had fabricating skills or access to a fabricator. I wish someone would mass produce these!
post #9 of 9 Old 10-21-2019, 12:58 PM

Go to hardware store and buy a l- bracket they have different sizes, take 2- pair of channel locks and twist the bend then paint black. Maybe 10 minutes tops to make.
rcannon409 likes this.

2012 N1000 spark bl and gray ABS
Tail tidy
Urban brawlers
V/h DB killers sitting on the shelf collecting dust
Givi rack and topcase
Puig smoked wind screen
oem gel seat set
Rascal grafiks tank pad
Grip puppies
SW Motech ninja 1000 quick connect gps mount with navi bag
2014 air filter and holey bottom plate
Go Cruise Throttle lock
Ivans ECU flash
Bridgestone S21's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page